planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that idolatry is a sin and that sin is grievous..
but this made me laugh one day
Is this funny?

So there’s that scripture which talks about sitting in a idols temple I think it’s in corinthians but yea i had that scripture in my mind and i became to question is McDonald’s an idols temple and then I imagined the Hamburglar and also burger kind as idols temples and I’m sure you guys know there images there that they have for their mascot or whatever but yea imagined these “idols” and I laughed because of how ridiculous what I was imagining...

I’m not sure what you guys think of it but I thought it was funny.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this funny?

So there’s that scripture which talks about sitting in a idols temple I think it’s in corinthians but yea i had that scripture in my mind and i became to question is McDonald’s an idols temple and then I imagined the Hamburglar and also burger kind as idols temples and I’m sure you guys know there images there that they have for their mascot or whatever but yea imagined these “idols” and I laughed because of how ridiculous what I was imagining...

Did you burn incense and bow before the Hamburgler?

E1DE79C8-66A9-4D0B-ADFB-5FA969F721B4.jpeg

I have to say with California and other West Coast states decriminalizing petty thefts, I don’t think the Hamburglur is a criminal in those states anymore.

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you burn incense and bow before the Hamburgler?

View attachment 268261

I have to say with California and other West Coast states decriminalizing petty thefts, I don’t think the Hamburglur is a criminal in those states anymore.

Lol no I did not burn incense and bow before him.
I’m not sure if it’s something to laugh because sin is sin

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol no I did not burn incense and bow before him.
I’m not sure if it’s something to laugh because sin is sin
Don’t worry. When we are new to the faith we question all the worldly influences and we continue to do so and gain discernment from God as we mature.

Maybe we should be more focused on how food chains gain our money serving foods not good for us. Have a buddy who lived off of fast food and NEVER gained an ounce of weight or inch on his waist. Now that he is finally married I’m sure the Mrs has put the halt on that. :)

I don’t know...for me Ronald McDonald was just another frightening clown and when the McDonalds near my dad’s job had a costumed Ronald at the restaurant, I kept my distance. My father never understood this. I told him the clown looked like a happy devil (I was 8).

Then when Hollywood came out with all those Steven King movies of evil creepy clowns my suspicions were confirmed. We should be concerned more about clowns than a dude stealing hamburgers. At least we know the dude stealing is wrong and breaking the law, but a happy welcoming clown is creepy and suspicious.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Holy_joe , do you have a beef with the Hamburglar...?
Now the Grimace seems to be a non threatening chap, but he is obviously obese and that does not fit the vegan message.

90124091-B6A1-4467-809B-2D538570FAA6.jpeg

Then again McDonalds could be sued by the Grimace for body shaming.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now the Grimace seems to be a non threatening chap, but he is obviously obese and that does not fit the vegan message.
"Purple" is not a good sign, either. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The conflict you feel is proper because sin should never be laughed at, God utterly and especially HATES idolatry;, and unclean speech is also unacceptable for a Christian. There are plenty of innocent things to laugh about and find funny. You don't need to resort to thinking about this (nor the other things being talked about hitherto in this thread) to get a good laugh.

"9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour." (Proverbs 14:9)

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." (Ephesians 5:1-6)

Heed the Apostle's admonition to the Philippians: "8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Is this funny?

Nothing wrong with a bit of humour. I don't think that you've crossed the line.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This probably isn't funny, but I couldn't find my family in the grocery store one night. I thought, "God did You rapture them and leave me here? How could You do that!" And it was as if God said, "Because you're self-righteous!" To tell the truth, that was a lesson I needed to hear!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Is this funny?

Hi Holy_joe, it's funny, and no it's not a sin to laugh when thinking of it. God "reads" our hearts, and He KNOWS if we are seriously "worshiping idols" or not.

God bless you brother. One on one with our gracious God, you can bring it to Him, so that He can guide you if you're uncertain. Be blessed, and rest in His grace, dear brother.
Welcome to CF. :)

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You were just having a little fun, and even if it wasn't, but especially because it was confined to your mind, no harm could possibly be done.

Food is an idol to some of us, and the price for that sin is often relatively immediate, but here I go getting serious and ruining the moment. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums