twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Like how many "churches' use the term "social justice." I am wondering ho different this is from just justice and why do we need the additional word if it is just justice. If it is not just justice then it has to be injustice and not justice at all.
"Social Justice" has nothing to do with justice. What it teaches is that the rich are evil and got their money by stepping on the backs of the poor. They talk about things like redistribution of wealth, reparations to black people for slavery and such. It is a ploy designed to stir up and gain power over those who see themselves, because they have had social justice drilled into their heads, as being oppressed.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Social Justice" has nothing to do with justice. What it teaches is that the rich are evil and got their money by stepping on the backs of the poor. They talk about things like redistribution of wealth, reparations to black people for slavery and such. It is a ploy designed to stir up and gain power over those who see themselves, because they have had social justice drilled into their heads, as being oppressed.
Well said. "Social Justice" is about perverting Justice to make a different goal and a different set of values. The idea of the "Rule of Law" seems to be foreign to everyone these days. It has certainly been shown that the people who cry for "Social Justice" have no interest in following the "Rule of Law."

Anyone seeking that is, as you said, trying to do something other than be "Just" under the Law. Redistribution of Wealth is definitely one tenet of that philosophy!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
?

What I dont get these days (I do read the baptist newspaper/magazine) is that every so often theres an article saying we have to change the way we 'do church'.

And the. All this stuff about 'leadership' or 'servant leadership' which is silly cos we all meant to be following Jesus, not go round saying we leaders all the time. We meant to be pointing toward Jesus, not making ourselves into gurus.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hmm. I don't really see that. I see those who aren't baptists just asking questions, they are not really teaching, just offering their different views. But I think some have tried to turn it into debate.

I'm here cos I go to a baptist church and just seeing how others view baptists is interesting. We all here to learn anyway.
same here good book. Im only here too because I go to a Baptist church and want to learn more about it

Upvote 0

joshuanazar

Servant
Mar 29, 2015
In Christ
✟8,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not belong to any denomination so if I am excluded from denominational forums then there isn't many places to post. I used to post mainly on nondenominational forums but since I realized that they are just another denomination I have started posting in other forums.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I see a lot of posts by Christians of other denominations or claiming to have no denomination teaching in this forum. The rule is pretty clear, "Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Yup. Still true.

Where are the Mods? I report posts from charismatic non demon guys and they are still allowed to post. Baptists are Baptists, we are not theologically spineless but have a robust theological history based in scripture.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why haven't I seen the reports? Some are Baptist though their icon is a bit different (Calvinist for example). They also have to be against Baptist doctrine.

So pm me with the concern and give links.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yup. Still true.

Where are the Mods? I report posts from charismatic non demon guys and they are still allowed to post. Baptists are Baptists, we are not theologically spineless but have a robust theological history based in scripture.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

OMGOSH, this post is so funny and true!!!

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think us Baptists are very open and inviting and dont report a lot of the intermingled debates with other denoms because we enjoy the conversation. We're an inclusive bunch aren't we? ;)

I think forums like General Theology and Apologetics are both awesome places where intermingled debates/discussions can take place without violating the Community Rules. I post in those two often.

Upvote 0

jef1225

Nov 24, 2015
✟17,378.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not Baptist but I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ. I am not here to debate or to teach different doctrines. I respect whatever denomination one chooses to be in. I go to all of them and read the threads a lot more than I comment. I just like to learn the different viewpoints everyone has to offer. that and im like everybody else waiting til jesus returns. god bless

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

2win

Dec 11, 2008
✟64,388.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I see a lot of posts by Christians of other denominations or claiming to have no denomination teaching in this forum. The rule is pretty clear, "Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Not only this forum; but I wonder if I am going to a Baptist Church or not. John Macauthor did a series on; " Does Truth MATER Anymore" that has a lot to say about what is happening today. But then I read some where some time back where Baptist were calling John Macauthor a heratic; so I guess we just need to get acquainted with these new ideas. I think at 83 there is just no hope for me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Why haven't I seen the reports? Some are Baptist though their icon is a bit different (Calvinist for example). They also have to be against Baptist doctrine.

So pm me with the concern and give links.

Are you saying that Calvinists teach theology that is against Baptist doctrine?

Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
I believe what is being said is that the poster has to be against Baptist doctrine. Not that Calvinism is against Baptist doctrine. Baptist churches in my experience seem to have a mixture of people who are calvinists and arminianists.

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I believe what is being said is that the poster has to be against Baptist doctrine. Not that Calvinism is against Baptist doctrine. Baptist churches in my experience seem to have a mixture of people who are calvinists and arminianists.

There is a strong Calvinistic influence coming into the Southern Baptist Convention USA through the largest SBC Seminary, The Southern Baptist Seminary, Louisville KY where the President, Dr. Albert Mohler Jr., is a staunch supporter and promoter of Calvinism.

A leading SBC seminary professor who is an Arminian is Dr Roger E Olson at George W Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University, Waco TX.

So these two prominent professors confirm your experience that there is a mixture of Calvinists and Arminians in SBC churches. However, that is not so with the Arminian Free Will Baptists and General Baptists.

Oz

Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No. I am saying that some Baptists are Calvinists and some are not.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Point is, some have Reformed icons but are Reformed Baptists. They may debate and teach in this forum. However, no one can teach against our common Baptist beliefs - like believers baptism and the priesthood of all believers.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0