Is there really a Rainbow Bridge in heaven?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you ever lost a pet, you might know a poem titled The Rainbow Bridge. Literally, it would be interpreted as a place where all of the animals that belonged to people and their guardians (no one really "owns" a pet) live together eternally. Some people say it is just an expression of the general concept that animals are very happy in heaven and will see their humans again.

Does the Bible support the literal meaning that animals cross a colorful bridge to heaven and it is not the same place where Christians who never had pets go when they die? Is it possible the pets we lost actually stay with us forever, no matter how many were parts of our lives?

All animals that pray and are concerned about sin, and trust in the salvation of Jesus will be in Heaven with us.

• Haha
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you ever lost a pet, you might know a poem titled The Rainbow Bridge. Literally, it would be interpreted as a place where all of the animals that belonged to people and their guardians (no one really "owns" a pet) live together eternally. Some people say it is just an expression of the general concept that animals are very happy in heaven and will see their humans again.

Does the Bible support the literal meaning that animals cross a colorful bridge to heaven and it is not the same place where Christians who never had pets go when they die? Is it possible the pets we lost actually stay with us forever, no matter how many were parts of our lives?
I would love for animals to go to heaven, and I do believe they should.

But to your question, I don't think anyone here has been to heaven yet so it's highly unlikely you'll get true answers on this.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

But to your question, I don't think anyone here has been to heaven yet so it's highly unlikely you'll get true answers on this.

Well, maybe from the NDE folks. ^_^

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's an easy answer. No. People make up the rainbow bridge or pets being in heaven because the death of a pet is often too hard to handle/accept. So the only way to get on with life is telling yourself you will see your pet again.

Furthermore there's no biblical proof either. You can use John 3:16 as one verse that shows its for humans. He died on the cross for our sins. We let Him into our heart. Pets cannot do this because they do not have a soul. A personality is what they have but it doesn't equal a soul.

I've seen some in the past say if their pet isn't in heaven then God is a cruel God. They fail to see what our purpose in life is. We were created for a reason. And now we spread the Word. Pets are just a "thing" that we enjoy in life. Just like your homes, your favorite movie on DVD...etc. None of these go with you when you die.

There are also those who for lack of better words "twist" scripture and say "See, it says here something about animals!". While I am not catholic I even recall one of the Popes even saying there is no answer in the bible about it. The topic is left silent. If you really want to think about the topic, what about the resurrection? Only we get resurrected. If animals did you would think it would say so. Again, everything is about humans. God may have created man and beast, but His plan never involved animals. Aside from parables and hinting at nations in the end days.

I'd also argue what is a pet? If someone thinks Fluffy the cat goes to heaven, what about 6 year old Billy who has a pet frog? What do you tell Billy? "Sorry Billy but a frog is just an animal, not a pet. It won't be in heaven!". What about an ant colony someone has in plastic? Those are pets to someone. Where does this all end? This is also why I think pets are not in heaven because a pet could be considered anything to anyone. I should point out I do believe there are non-animal/non-human things in heaven obviously like angels and what not.

With all this said if someone wants to keep pretending their pets will be in heaven, by all means go ahead if it comforts you. But be prepared when you pass for the truth. Though honestly I very much doubt the first thing we will ask God is "Wheres Fido?". We will be in to much are and the truth will be revealed to us about everything. Our pets will be... again for lack of better words, meaningless things at that point.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't the bible confirm there will be animals in heaven? It says the wolf and lamb will feed together, it will be a restored creation like originally intended with animals and humans living together. So how come this question is even up for debate when it's in the bible? If God will resurrect us, why wouldn't he resurrect existing animals? It's not God's style to simply create new animals, he would obviously get the souls of the animals that live on earth today because why wouldn't he...?

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although it would not offend me if pets went to heaven, I see no biblical support for it. That's just an unknown. Animals will likely be around after the resurrection on earth, but our old pets is unknown. Years ago I had an old car that meant a lot to me. I don't expect I will see it again. Does that mean the hereafter will be a poorer place for me because my car won't be there? I doubt it.

Upvote 0

Unnamed Guy

Nov 27, 2018
Los Algodones, CA
✟20,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
There is so much of that going around that it has a name: "glurge". The name was given by snopes.com for notions that sound good but are totally unsupported by scripture and observation; IOW totally fiction. The fact is only spirits go to heaven, and only people who believe the gospel get spirit. We have no information about pets. We just don't know.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although it would not offend me if pets went to heaven, I see no biblical support for it. That's just an unknown. Animals will likely be around after the resurrection on earth, but our old pets is unknown. Years ago I had an old car that meant a lot to me. I don't expect I will see it again. Does that mean the hereafter will be a poorer place for me because my car won't be there? I doubt it.
Umm it's not even up for debate... How can you such a thing when the bible literally says so? Why are you denying the biblical evidence? Why are you saying "will likely be around"when scripture directly says the wolf will feed with the lamb? I'm just not sure why you say there is no biblical evidence, when the bible literally says word for word there will be animals in heaven. It's not even up for debate... God himself said our pets our going to heaven. So your comment makes no sense at all and it seems like you're not reading the bible because this is exactly what the bible says....

Isaiah 65:25: "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

Isaiah 11:6-9
"The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Revelation 5:13
"And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

So you were saying...??? It's not even a question or a debate... There are animals in heaven, our pets will be going to heaven, and if you deny that and say there isn't then you are denying the word of God. It says so so plainly and directly in scripture, as I proved to you in these verses.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is so much of that going around that it has a name: "glurge". The name was given by snopes.com for notions that sound good but are totally unsupported by scripture and observation; IOW totally fiction. The fact is only spirits go to heaven, and only people who believe the gospel get spirit. We have no information about pets. We just don't know.
Absolutely wrong. Animals have souls and are going to heaven and these scriptures prove it. You are literally denying the word of God when he says so. It's not even up for debate, I don't understand how you could even say such a thing when God literally says there will be animals, including pets, in heaven:

Isaiah 65:25: "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

"The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

"And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why is this even a question among Christians when God says so himself in scripture? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this even being a discussion or debate and people denying it when God himself already confirms it and clearly states there are animals in heaven in the bible directly:

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have no information about pets. We just don't know.. Although it would not offend me if pets went to heaven, I see no biblical support for it. That's just an unknown. Animals will likely be around after the resurrection on earth, but our old pets is unknown.
It will not offend you? How very humble of you... God doesn't care whether it offends you his original restored creation including his creation of animals will be in heaven. You say there is no biblical support or no evidence when all you have to do is read the verses I posted and see the numerous amounts of biblical evidence and I didn't even post it all. This link will show you all the verses What Does the Bible Say About Animals In Heaven? These verses prove it biblically and it's the word of God, there's no debate about it...

What baffles me is you say "animals will likely be around" when scripture says they WILL be around in heaven in perfect harmony as I showed you in the verses with the wolf and lamb living in harmony... Sorry to disappoint you. God literally says in the bible directly there WILL be animals in heaven, it's not even a question, so you will have to learn to love animals.

Years ago I had an old car that meant a lot to me. I don't expect I will see it again. Does that mean the hereafter will be a poorer place for me because my car won't be there? I doubt it.
Um animals and humans have an actual connection they are not inanimate object. God placed animals on earth for us to have dominion over them, they are creations by God. You are being incredibly disrespectful, I am so tired of Christians like you. Comparing cars and material things to animals. I know God will prove you wrong but I hope he softens your heart a bit.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's an easy answer. No. People make up the rainbow bridge or pets being in heaven because the death of a pet is often too hard to handle/accept. So the only way to get on with life is telling yourself you will see your pet again.

Furthermore there's no biblical proof either. You can use John 3:16 as one verse that shows its for humans. He died on the cross for our sins. We let Him into our heart. Pets cannot do this because they do not have a soul. A personality is what they have but it doesn't equal a soul.

I've seen some in the past say if their pet isn't in heaven then God is a cruel God. They fail to see what our purpose in life is. We were created for a reason. And now we spread the Word. Pets are just a "thing" that we enjoy in life. Just like your homes, your favorite movie on DVD...etc. None of these go with you when you die.

There are also those who for lack of better words "twist" scripture and say "See, it says here something about animals!". While I am not catholic I even recall one of the Popes even saying there is no answer in the bible about it. The topic is left silent. If you really want to think about the topic, what about the resurrection? Only we get resurrected. If animals did you would think it would say so. Again, everything is about humans. God may have created man and beast, but His plan never involved animals. Aside from parables and hinting at nations in the end days.

I'd also argue what is a pet? If someone thinks Fluffy the cat goes to heaven, what about 6 year old Billy who has a pet frog? What do you tell Billy? "Sorry Billy but a frog is just an animal, not a pet. It won't be in heaven!". What about an ant colony someone has in plastic? Those are pets to someone. Where does this all end? This is also why I think pets are not in heaven because a pet could be considered anything to anyone. I should point out I do believe there are non-animal/non-human things in heaven obviously like angels and what not.

With all this said if someone wants to keep pretending their pets will be in heaven, by all means go ahead if it comforts you. But be prepared when you pass for the truth. Though honestly I very much doubt the first thing we will ask God is "Wheres Fido?". We will be in to much are and the truth will be revealed to us about everything. Our pets will be... again for lack of better words, meaningless things at that point.
Again, another person who denies scripture and is absolutely wrong. Read my other posts, but I will post the BIBLICAL VERSES that prove animals are in heaven:

So you were saying...?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well we do have an answer from God in the bible where he says in heaven the wolf and lamb shall feed together so we don't need to go to heaven to know, God directly tells us.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The whole "Rainbow bridge" thing is unbiblical obviously. But animals being on heaven? Absolutely straight from the bible.

Remmeber the new earth is heaven, that will be our eternal home. If you guys are talking about the third heaven, God's throne, that's irrelevant because our heaven and eternal home will be the new earth, same as this earth just restored, made new, and made without sin. But I will say the bible does say Jesus comes down from heaven on a horse.... So even then it shows there are animals in the third heaven (God's throne) as well... The bible is clear and direct everywhere on this it is not even supposed to be a question. Some of you need to realize God obviously loves animals. If he didn't he wouldn't use so many metaphors in scripture talking about them, and even use them as an example to us in how we should live our lives (like the feeding of the flock verse where he tells us not to worry). Animals were created by God, you can tell a lot about a person in how they treat their animals. If they treat animals poorly, they probably don't treat their fellow humans kindly either.

"Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel" - Proverbs 12:10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Does the Bible support the literal meaning that animals cross a colorful bridge to heaven ...?
I think it's obvious that that's a fantasy for the comfort of children.

Animals don't have an eternal existence, and so wouldn't have any sort of afterlife on their own account. And while there will be puppies in heaven if our happiness depends on it, there's little reason to think that it will.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well we do have an answer from God in the bible where he says in heaven the wolf and lamb shall feed together so we don't need to go to heaven to know, God directly tells us.
We would still need to, mainly because of stuff in language called metaphors, translations, interpretation, etc.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the least sure of yourself you are on this possibility, the stronger you will need to defend it. It will be what it will be. I will be content either way. I still don't see anything referring directly to people's own pets. It also says that outside the holy city will be the dogs. I don't think that refers to actual dogs, but is figurative. But if you want to hold to literalness in this then take the dogs literally as well.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ultimately, everything we love about our pets is found in an infinitely more perfect form in God Himself, and He will be all you need and all you ever desired. So if you are more worried about a pet not being in heaven/new Earth, then you have the wrong priorities. Read below the quoted comment for why there is no animals in heaven, but why they will be on the new Earth (but not our pets).

Again, another person who denies scripture and is absolutely wrong. Read my other posts, but I will post the BIBLICAL VERSES that prove animals are in heaven:

So you were saying...?
While its clear in scripture that humans are a unity of material and immaterial parts, no such thing is said about animals.

Humans are found to have immaterial minds, then a part of them exists apart from the body and it is why they enter heaven. On the other hand, if an animal dies there is nothing left of it to survive. It just becomes a, far lack of better words, a carcass.

Now you must remember we are talking about "pets" I should have clarified that. I don't believe the animals on our planet will be in heaven. But I do possibly believe there will be animals that God created in Heaven that look like the animals of earth. None of these will be the "pets" we knew because they don't have souls that are in heaven.

In short I can see a cat that looks like mine in heaven, but it will not be my cat. Its a different creation that does not have the personality of my cat. Because it is as I said a new animal. I should really say they aren't in heaven, more so they are on the new Earth.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a description of future events on earth - not in Heaven.

Upvote 0