Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Heaven is a never changing Perfect Place! Heaven is never changing Perfect Love! Heaven is never changing Perfect Joy! Heaven is never changing Perfect Peace! Heaven is never changing Perfect Goodness! Heaven is never changing Perfect Kindness. Heaven is never changing Perfect Faithfulness. Heaven is never changing Perfect Gentleness. Heaven is never changing Perfect Patience. Heaven is never changing Perfect Self-control. Heaven is never changing Perfect Health. Heaven is never changing Perfect Stability! Heaven is never changing Perfect People! Heaven is never changing Perfect Rest!

Sounds perfectly boring to me.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I totally agree.

That's the argument I use with those who ask me why God didn't just wink everyone out of existence, instead of sending a flood to drown them all.

Had He done that, they would not have had time to repent; and they would all be in Hell.

(The unsaved ones, that is.)
So how did that work out? Did they repent? And what about all the ones that die in accidents or war just as they've reached the age of accountability? Why not give them time to repent?

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Because God prepared Hell for ...

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

And being a just God, He has to send anyone and everyone there who rebel against Him -- not just His angels.

That's why we call it "a devil's Hell."
He HAS to? Who or what is forcing him? When my friend hurts me, I simply forgive him, and that's that. But maybe if I had been a really really really good and righteous person, I couldn't do that. I would have to kill him instead? I really don't see why God is somehow forced to send anyone to hell. If there's any entity in the universe that could be expected to do exactly as he pleases, it must be God.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't torture people for eternity, He removes Himself from them because that is what they want. God is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, and Self-control. The people that reject these reject God and at the end of their life God gives them what they want. That is to be separated from Him. It is like a marriage. If you don't like the other person you can divorce them. God allows us to divorce Him for eternity. It is completely your decision to accept Him or reject Him.
Do you mean people in hell actually want to be there? If so, good for them. And then hell is actually a good place.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What if God in His Wisdom wanted to see who would be loyal to Him, and who wouldn't? If your spouse is not satisfied with you, do you force them to be with you? It would have been better during the engagement to allow him or her to have freedom to see if they would be faithful to you.
Sure, but as opposed to God,
- I can see my wife
- she clearly answers when I talk to her, I don't have to look for subtle clues
- if a thousand people talk with her, you won't get a thousand conflicting ideas of what she's saying
- I don't have to have "faith" that she in fact exists
- if I disappoint her, she's not going to beat me

And anyway I don't agree that it's somehow better that God allows people to never even know he exists. I really don't see the upside to that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For myself, Family, Service, Community and Awakening.

What do you think life is about?

To have a rich relationship with God, which will lead into becoming right with others. What is the point of getting everything you want in this life if you don't have anyone to share it with? Now that I have God in my life I know that I have found what I have been looking for my entire life. This is how it was for me, I tried to satisfy my heart with alcohol, exercise, sex, money, power, career, marriage, but now looking back I was trying to fill a endless pit in my life. Nothing in this world satisfied me. It is like eating, I will always be hungry again. When I lived to get more I never got enough. But when Jesus came into my life, He filled me up to overflowing. He took away my shame and filled me to overflowing forgiveness. He took my hurt and bitterness and filled me to overflowing love. Instead of a constant thirst for more, I am satisfied in Jesus and have plenty to share with others. I no long need to take from others, I can give from the excess. I am now living like God intended for us to live, loving Him and each other.

Luke 12:13-21 NLT
Then someone called from the crowd, “Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father’s estate with me.” [14] Jesus replied, “Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?” [15] Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.” [16] Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. [17] He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ [18] Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. [19] And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’ [20] “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’ [21] “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Matthew 16:24-28 NLT
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. [25] If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. [26] And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? [27] For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds. [28] And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.”

Matthew 22:36-40 NLT
“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” [37] Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ [38] This is the first and greatest commandment. [39] A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ [40] The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you been there to know? Or is it something of your imagination.

When I asked Jesus to Save me I thought that I died and went to hell. I was in a bad relationship and my life was going down hill fast. A few months before this happened I asked Jesus why He gave me such an awful life. I wasn't happy in my job, my relationships, my family, or any part of my life. Then I met this women and I was going to marry her because she was going to be a doctor. I was basically going to marry her for money and sex. During this relationship she was into some pretty bad things which I didn't agree with and I remember consciously thinking what has living the way I was raised getting me and I was going to willfully turn away from Jesus. Then a short time after this it was like I died and went to hell. I actually thought that I died and went to hell. I thought that I must have gotten into a car accident. It was beyond awful! Worse than anything that I can think of. I was being tormented by all my sins. I thought to myself how am I going to live like this for eternity when I can't live like this for a day. It was like being all alone and everyone hated each other, no love at all. It was so awful. Then I was crying and praying. I cried out "I lived an awful life Jesus, please save me if you can!" I thought that I was in hell and beyond saving. This went on for about a month and then I started to confess my sins and seek Jesus and things got better. One day I asked Jesus to stop all the torment and the next day it did. Then the following day I told Jesus that it wasn't so bad, and it got bad again, I immediately told Him I was sorry and to take it away again. I never cried so much in my entire life as I did the year after I asked Jesus to Save me. Then one day I was driving home from a Christian concert and I broke down crying. Jesus filled me with so much Love that it felt like I was being filled with a fire hose and overflowing me. I didn't realize what Jesus was telling me then but later I realized that He fills us with His Love to flow out into the world. After I was Saved I wanted everyone to have what Jesus gave me. I wanted everyone to have Jesus' Love and Forgiveness, but not many people do and I don't understand why. From my experiences I know that hell is pure hate, worse than I can imagine, and Heaven is Pure Love, better than I ever imagined. I have never been to either of the places, but I think Jesus gave me a glimpse of them.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If this old saying is true:

THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS IN FOXHOLES

... then YES, they repented.
There may not be many atheists in foxholes, but there sure are Muslims, Hindus etc. Not to mention all the Jews in the "foxhole" of Auschwitz. I'm pretty sure most of them cried out for God to save them, but he didn't. Would he if they were Christians?

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For myself, Family, Service, Community and Awakening.

What do you think life is about?

Search for Love in the Wrong Places

My whole life I have been searching for love in the world. When I put my cup out I either got a drop or I got a drop taken away. Nothing in the world ever satisfied me. The world always left me wanting more. When Jesus came to me and I put my cup out He filled it to overflowing. Jesus’ Love satisfies me! Jesus’ Love gives me more than I need! Jesus’ Love satisfies me and give me extra to share with others. Because of Jesus’ Love I believe in Him. My Faith in Jesus is not based on religious doctrine that can be learned in an institution. My Faith is based on a Person and His Name is Jesus. I have a living, breathing, relationship with Jesus. I know the Bible is true because I live it out every day. The Bible doesn’t teach me, the Bible verifies that my relationship with Jesus is true. This is why I point you to Jesus, not religion. If you accept Jesus into your life, Jesus will personally come into your life and overcome your slavery to sin and doubt. He will personally come into your life and have a living, breathing, relationship with you also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There may not be many atheists in foxholes, but there sure are Muslims, Hindus etc. Not to mention all the Jews in the "foxhole" of Auschwitz.
And if they would have been winked out of existence in a split-second of time, the unconverted ones would be in Hell.
holo said:
I'm pretty sure most of them cried out for God to save them, but he didn't.
God will save anyone who repents and cries to Him for salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
holo said:
Would he if they were Christians?
Christians would already be saved.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,684.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Search for Love in the Wrong Places
I don't think so at all. Family, Service, Community and Awakening are all about Love.

My whole life I have been searching for love in the world. When I put my cup out I either got a drop or I got a drop taken away. Nothing in the world ever satisfied me. The world always left me wanting more. When Jesus came to me and I put my cup out He filled it to overflowing. Jesus’ Love satisfies me! Jesus’ Love gives me more than I need! Jesus’ Love satisfies me and give me extra to share with others. Because of Jesus’ Love I believe in Him. My Faith in Jesus is not based on religious doctrine that can be learned in an institution. My Faith is based on a Person and His Name is Jesus. I have a living, breathing, relationship with Jesus. I know the Bible is true because I live it out every day. The Bible doesn’t teach me, the Bible verifies that my relationship with Jesus is true. This is why I point you to Jesus, not religion. If you accept Jesus into your life, Jesus will personally come into your life and overcome your slavery to sin and doubt. He will personally come into your life and have a living, breathing, relationship with you also.
That's all nice and dandy for your life and I'm very glad for you. Personally I find myself praying to whom Jesus prayed to. From there I find the Light of God with in Family AND in Human Beings. Service is all about God and making Him a reality in my life. And Awakening is freeing my Soul so God can shine from there.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,684.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
When I asked Jesus to Save me I thought that I died and went to hell. I was in a bad relationship and my life was going down hill fast. A few months before this happened I asked Jesus why He gave me such an awful life. I wasn't happy in my job, my relationships, my family, or any part of my life. Then I met this women and I was going to marry her because she was going to be a doctor. I was basically going to marry her for money and sex. During this relationship she was into some pretty bad things which I didn't agree with and I remember consciously thinking what has living the way I was raised getting me and I was going to willfully turn away from Jesus. Then a short time after this it was like I died and went to hell. I actually thought that I died and went to hell. I thought that I must have gotten into a car accident. It was beyond awful! Worse than anything that I can think of. I was being tormented by all my sins. I thought to myself how am I going to live like this for eternity when I can't live like this for a day. It was like being all alone and everyone hated each other, no love at all. It was so awful. Then I was crying and praying. I cried out "I lived an awful life Jesus, please save me if you can!" I thought that I was in hell and beyond saving. This went on for about a month and then I started to confess my sins and seek Jesus and things got better. One day I asked Jesus to stop all the torment and the next day it did. Then the following day I told Jesus that it wasn't so bad, and it got bad again, I immediately told Him I was sorry and to take it away again. I never cried so much in my entire life as I did the year after I asked Jesus to Save me. Then one day I was driving home from a Christian concert and I broke down crying. Jesus filled me with so much Love that it felt like I was being filled with a fire hose and overflowing me. I didn't realize what Jesus was telling me then but later I realized that He fills us with His Love to flow out into the world. After I was Saved I wanted everyone to have what Jesus gave me. I wanted everyone to have Jesus' Love and Forgiveness, but not many people do and I don't understand why. From my experiences I know that hell is pure hate, worse than I can imagine, and Heaven is Pure Love, better than I ever imagined. I have never been to either of the places, but I think Jesus gave me a glimpse of them.
So it IS your imagination.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Awakening is freeing my Soul so God can shine from there.
There is such a thing as a "rude awakening," don't you know?

After all, the Burning Monk certainly freed his soul, didn't he?

And he certainly shone -- briefly.

Upvote 0