US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Monarch Butterflies amaze me. They start in Mexico or Southern California, mate, fly north, lay their eggs, the egg become a caterpillar, then a pupa, and then an adult butterfly. The Monarch butterflies that started in Mexico or Southern California never make it back. The new generation somehow flies the 2,500 miles back to the same exact trees where their parents came from in Mexico or Southern California, hibernates over winter, and the cycle starts over. Is there a logical explanation on how the Monarch Butterfly can do this? Does this prove that God exist?

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The monarch is definitely an amazing species, but their characteristics are explained by evolution and no deity is required.

There is no empirical evidence for god(s), let alone proof. That's why we call it "faith".

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Is there proof God exist?
Paul says in Romans that the proof is all around us in the things God has created. He also says that those who ignore these things are blinded, haters of God and doomed to condemnation and destruction.

• Winner
Reactions: C073SLAW
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thomas Aquinas offers five "ways" of proving the existence of God. One of them is the idea of causation, that everything that comes into being must have a cause. They all owe their existence to something which itself never came into being, but always was (and is). This is what we call God, the uncaused cause.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There sure was for all the people who had near death experiences .Watch Rene Pasarow's story on Youtube the emergency doctor was about to call her death in when her doctor burst in .The emergency doctor said its too late she been dead for 15 mins ! her doctor said like hell she is ! and brought her back to life . God is allowing all these people to come back and tell their story so people know there is something more than just what they can see, touch ,taste ,hear, smell .

Upvote 0

adhidw

Mar 20, 2017
indonesia
✟16,959.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there proof God exist?

As long as I know in theory of evolution , it was said that the species existing today came from the species living millions of years before, so for example; Human, Tiger, shark, eagle, crocodile had the same ancestor millions of years ago , am I right?.

If we observe from the example of the above 5 species then we try to group:

1 Human.

2 Tigers, sharks, eagles, crocodiles we call "animals" (may be added with other species if necessary).

If today were directly opposed to competition between humans and animals then there is no doubt that human surely will come out as sole winners as the most dominant species meaning that all animals must be extinct.

If humans today are as dominant species, then a few million years ago in the same way there must have been a single winner as well as a dominant species x, and this must be the ancestor of human and animal today according to the theory of evolution, species dominant x --- > becomes the current human and animal.

From this perspective the logic is that now there is only one species as the most dominant and the other species must have been eliminated before (there ought to be no animals today), or there may be many species but surely those species have growth in knowledge and civilizations that are also relatively similar ( difficult to conquer each other / balanced).

Again we try to observe between humans and animals in the example mentioned above; a few thousand years ago surely people did not know computers, nuclear weapons, cross-planetary vehicles, etc. (for example: thousand years ago humans still used horses for their vehicles), we see that this giant of growth /exponential growth being achieved by this very dominant species named Human just in a relatively short of time. But on the other hand there is no growth at all, shown by how they get their daily food and the type of raw food from thousand years ago until now is still the same etc.

Now from the different growths, as well as the existence of today's diverse species of creatures, where only humans are so dominant over others (no balanced rival for humans) then: how can the theory of evolution explain about this ?, and there is one more question from me : Is it all related to "the fruit of the tree of knowledge about good and evil in the garden of Eden"? .

May these verses help us;

Gen9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If today were directly opposed to competition between humans and animals then there is no doubt that human surely will come out as sole winners as the most dominant species meaning that all animals must be extinct.

This is not at all what evolution says. If you're truly interested in understanding what it does say, we can go over it, but not in this thread.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Paul says in Romans that the proof is all around us in the things God has created. He also says that those who ignore these things are blinded, haters of God and doomed to condemnation and destruction.

And what makes Paul an authority on the existence of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
There sure was for all the people who had near death experiences .Watch Rene Pasarow's story on Youtube the emergency doctor was about to call her death in when her doctor burst in .The emergency doctor said its too late she been dead for 15 mins ! her doctor said like hell she is ! and brought her back to life . God is allowing all these people to come back and tell their story so people know there is something more than just what they can see, touch ,taste ,hear, smell .

So having an experience that you can't explain proves that God exists?

The only thing it proves is that YOU can't explain the experience.

• Agree
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Because he was inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore his writing is the equivalent of Jesus Himself speaking.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So having an experience that you can't explain proves that God exists?

The only thing it proves is that YOU can't explain the experience.
Being able to see the existence of God through the first part of Romans is the result of spiritual discernment that born again Christians have. If you don't have that spiritual discernment then your spirit is still dead and therefore the Holy Spirit cannot give it to you. Religion is not enough, you need to have Christ living in you. The Scripture says, "Christ in you the hope of glory". Without Christ in you, there is no hope.

Upvote 0

adhidw

Mar 20, 2017
indonesia
✟16,959.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is not at all what evolution says. If you're truly interested in understanding what it does say, we can go over it, but not in this thread.

Thank you sir, may be in another occasion , i am afraid to disappoint you because of my limited of time.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is true that a non-Christian would not consider the apostle Paul divinely inspired to make an argument for God's existence, but to believers he was guided by the Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of non-believers. That is faith, of course. In his theological treatise to the Romans, Paul begins by explaining the lack of excuse for non-belief due to general revelation (this draws on passages from the Psalms). For me, personally, one of defining aspects of this first chapter is how Paul touches on the rampant paganism throughout the ancient world since the very beginning (verses 22-25) which is definitely provable through the plethora of ancient archaeological finds. This paganism gives rise to depravity within the heart of man which necessitates the redemptive work of Jesus Christ in one's soul. Of course, that does take faith!

While it could be argued that macro-evolution gave rise to the abundance of diversity within the natural world, that would be a discussion for a different thread, I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alan Asquith

Aug 7, 2018
Private
✟10,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I don't think you can prove God exists in the same way you can prove a mathematical equation. But on the other hand I don't think believing that God exists is merely taking a leap in the dark, because there is strong evidence pointing to the conclusion that there is a supernatural intelligent being behind the universe and interacting with it. The longer I live the more it seems to me that out of all the theistic religions in the world, Christianity offers the most plausible explanation and definition of who that supernatural being is.

But I don't think someone is persuaded to believe or disbelieve in God's existence by rational evidence alone. I think a much bigger factor is whether someone would like God to exist or not. There is a saying: "Believe what you will; you will anyway." If someone is not willing to bend to a higher authority and is determined to run his own life, he is likely to unwittingly filter out the evidence for God and only 'notice' the evidence that supports his view, without realizing what he is doing. (And I fully accept that an atheist could accuse me, as a theist, of doing exactly the same thing in reverse!) It is a phenomenon I see happening even amongst Christians in their divergent views about doctrines such as speaking in tongues, infant baptism, millennialism, etc. We should all beware of deceiving ourselves.

If you don't wish to believe in God or submit to him, he may deliberately give you what you desire, equipping you with enough evidence to satisfy your conscience that he doesn't exist, and he may blind your spiritual eyes and harden your heart so that you will no longer be able to discern the truth. Jesus said, "Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own." (John 7:17)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think you can prove God exists in the same way you can prove a mathematical equation. But on the other hand I don't think believing that God exists is merely taking a leap in the dark, because there is strong evidence pointing to the conclusion that there is a supernatural intelligent being behind the universe and interacting with it. The longer I live the more it seems to me that out of all the theistic religions in the world, Christianity offers the most plausible explanation and definition of who that supernatural being is.

But I don't think someone is persuaded to believe or disbelieve in God's existence by rational evidence alone. I think a much bigger factor is whether someone would like God to exist or not. There is a saying: "Believe what you will; you will anyway." If someone is not willing to bend to a higher authority and is determined to run his own life, he is likely to unwittingly filter out the evidence for God and only 'notice' the evidence that supports his view, without realizing what he is doing. (And I fully accept that an atheist could accuse me, as a theist, of doing exactly the same thing in reverse!) It is a phenomenon I see happening even amongst Christians in their divergent views about doctrines such as speaking in tongues, infant baptism, millennialism, etc. We should all beware of deceiving ourselves.

If you don't wish to believe in God or submit to him, he may deliberately give you what you desire, equipping you with enough evidence to satisfy your conscience that he doesn't exist, and he may blind your spiritual eyes and harden your heart so that you will no longer be able to discern the truth. Jesus said, "Anyone who resolves to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own." (John 7:17)

Even if one concedes design, that still doesn't mean that the designer is the God of the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Alan Asquith

Aug 7, 2018
Private
✟10,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Even if once concedes design, that still doesn't mean that the designer is the God of the Bible.
Yes Steve, I fully agree.

The reason I said I think Christianity offers a more plausible explanation than other theistic religions is that it gives a deeper, more coherent, and more credible interpretation of life's big questions such as the course of world history, human longings and subjective experiences, the phenomenon of Jesus of Nazareth, the conundrum of evil and suffering, the flourishing of certain cultures rather than others, and more.

Upvote 0