Is there Biblical support for praying to the Saints?

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Prayers to the Saints seems to be a thing you solely accept based on tradition which doesn’t mean that it’s not true but the Bible doesn’t seem to say anything for or against it. I myself am not sure of it’s good to do so I don’t do it.
This is not true. Originally Angels were intercessors but after the ressurection when man finally entered heaven God allowed man to have the same prerogatives:

11 I have already told you that a king's secret ought to be kept, but the things God does should be told to everyone. Now I will reveal to you the full truth and keep nothing back. Tobit, when you and Sarah prayed to the Lord, I was the one who brought your prayers into his glorious presence. I did the same thing each time you buried the dead..... 15 I am Raphael, one of the seven angels who stand in the glorious presence of the Lord, ready to serve him. (Tobit ch 12:11-15)

2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
(Rev 8)

5.8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.(Rev 5)

Last edited:
Reactions: abacabb3
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Intercessory prayers in the Church Triumphant was foreshadowed as to how Jews worshipped during the hour of incense. Only the high priest inside the altar (the one serving God is like the heavenly saints closest to him) burned incense to represent all the prayers of those "on the outside"( us christians still on earth) from the gospel of Luke:

1.10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0