Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure this thread fits this forum. But I could not find a better forum for it. And I think it does related to the Origin theology. So, here it goes:

I think there is a female role in the Heaven. One of my reason is that there was Eve. And our known world is bi-sexual.

So, sisters, you will still need to function your female role in the eternal life. Yes, I know there will be no reproduction issue in the Heaven.

This one has nothing to do with Flood. But it should be an important content of creation/evolution. A critical implication along this thread is that the idea of possible tri-sexual or multi-sexual biological system is Biblically invalid and is probably scientifically impossible.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure this thread fits this forum. But I could not find a better forum for it. And I think it does related to the Origin theology. So, here it goes:

I think there is a female role in the Heaven. One of my reason is that there was Eve. And our known world is bi-sexual.

So, sisters, you will still need to function your female role in the eternal life. Yes, I know there will be no reproduction issue in the Heaven.

This one has nothing to do with Flood. But it should be an important content of creation/evolution. A critical implication along this thread is that the idea of possible tri-sexual or multi-sexual biological system is Biblically invalid and is probably scientifically impossible.

Eternal life is to be "in us" not "up there". We are already seated in heavenly places with Him. In Jesus Christ (the Resurrection) there is no difference in Male or Female. The Children of the resurrection neither marry or are given in marraige for they are equal unto the Angels.

Whose WIFE will SHE BE sorta becomes irrelevant, dont cha think?^_^

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

hosea6v6

Mar 31, 2007
✟7,836.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Eternal life is to be "in us" not "up there". We are already seated in heavenly places with Him. In Jesus Christ (the Resurrection) there is no difference in Male or Female. The Children of the resurrection neither marry or are given in marraige for they are equal unto the Angels.

Whose WIFE will SHE BE sorta becomes irrelevant, dont cha think?^_^

Peace

Fireinfolding

Yes equal, but there begs a question here. Will females still think like they do now and male as they do now?

I know that some of you many not think there is a difference, but it is a fact. So moving along. will women think as women do now or will God change them and change males too. This is something I have never given much thought to and I would like to know what you think.

Hosea

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes equal, but there begs a question here. Will females still think like they do now and male as they do now?

I know that some of you many not think there is a difference, but it is a fact. So moving along. will women think as women do now or will God change them and change males too. This is something I have never given much thought to and I would like to know what you think.

Hosea

there are NO DIVISIONS IN CHRIST

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am not sure why we must assume that a resurrected body is gender neutral. I think we will retain our gender, though in a perfect glorified body it would certain not play the governing/dominating role it does in this life. Our bodies and spirit would be in harmony as it was in the beginning with Adam and Eve rather than in conflict.

Do not think that means we won't need or use our gender in the next life. But this is just speculation.

While certainly changed, there is nothing about Jesus's resurrected body that the Apostles or their disciples tell us that would indicate he was no longer a man in every sense.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How do females verses males think Hosea?;) ^_^ What kind of thoughts make us different except those we find after the flesh? Are you speaking pure thoughts (heavenly) or after the flesh (earthly and sensual) here?

I know that some of you many not think there is a difference, but it is a fact.

Hosea, what do you think Paul meant when he spake ~in Christ~ there is "no difference" between male or female"?

So moving along. will women think as women do now or will God change them and change males too.

If we would reason along these lines, you must establish how women and men think right? If the thoughts of man are vanity, do you think they ought be included in consideration here? ^_^

See what I'm thinking?

This is something I have never given much thought to and I would like to know what you think.

I sorta see it as ~terrestrial~ verses ~cellestrial~ "minded".

Two minds (one carnally minded) wherein it sees only differences and the divisions Christ came to bring. On the otherhand the "mind of Christ" (heavenly minded) in whom the unity of the Spirit is realized.

One by nature of the mind it is of can see only differences and divisions. This is would be in accord with the nature of the carnally minded man (seeing after the flesh).

The other new nature in Christ by the Spirit of unity sees none of those differences. Which again is in accord with the Spirit (not after the flesh).

Adam and Eve share two different names in Gensis 2. Its in Genesis 5 THEY are called Adam.

What are you thinking on?

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The simple answer is yes there will be gender in the eternal state.

God made humanity in His likeness both male and female. If this were to change, then God has no longer created humanity and we would cease to be human in the eternal state.

The Galations passage regarding neither "male or female" is within the context of inheritance. Being a Greek, or woman or slave does not disqualify one from inheriting the fullness of Christ and all that the Lord has in store for a believer. It is not about the creation or existence of gender, nationality or social status therefore cannot be applied as an indication of what we are in the new creation.

peace

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Although I am a man by gender I don't pay so much attention to my 'masculinity' as I get older. I am becoming more of a 'person' than a 'man', in the manly/macho sense. I identify more with my spiritual self now than my gender self. I can't speak for women, however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
there are NO DIVISIONS IN CHRIST

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

This verse doesn't mean that there are no sexes, just that there are no differences between them when it comes to salvation (read the context of the verse so you get the right idea)

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This verse doesn't mean that there are no sexes, just that there are no differences between them when it comes to salvation (read the context of the verse so you get the right idea)

Hi Fijian ,
please explain than for me , with the scriptures that there is sexes in heaven ?
I am curious to know this truth
do new creatures in Christ produce ?:blush:
so I am wrong ? Im willing to learn the TRUTH
Intent of the Law Gal 3 NASB

15(X)Brethren, (Y)I speak in terms of human relations: (Z)even though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.

16Now the promises were spoken (AA)to Abraham and to his seed He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "(AB)And to your seed," that is, Christ.
17What I am saying is this: the Law, which came (AC)four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.
18For (AD)if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but (AE)God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.
19(AF)Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been (AG)ordained through angels (AH)by the agency of a mediator, until (AI)the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.
20Now (AJ)a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.
21Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? (AK)May it never be! For (AL)if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.
22But the Scripture has (AM)shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, (AN)being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
24Therefore the Law has become our (AO)tutor to lead us to Christ, so that (AP)we may be justified by faith.
25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a (AQ)tutor.
26For you are all (AR)sons of God through faith in (AS)Christ Jesus.
27For all of you who were (AT)baptized into Christ have (AU)clothed yourselves with Christ.
28(AV)There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for (AW)you are all one in (AX)Christ Jesus. 29And if (AY)you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to (AZ)promise.

:help: if we are all ONE IN CHRIST than where are the divisions ? PEACE c ..

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

So did Christ loose his male anatomy when resurrected? Is he not still endowed with masculinity?

The question of gender in a disembodied state is an interesting one, because it brings up the question as to whether gender identity is a purely physical phenomenon of something more central.

But more important is our resurrection state, which is an embodied, new life. And whether or not there will be sexuality and marriage, we have every reason to assume that we will not loose our physical distinctions in the new creation.

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So did Christ loose his male anatomy when resurrected? Is he not still endowed with masculinity?

The question of gender in a disembodied state is an interesting one, because it brings up the question as to whether gender identity is a purely physical phenomenon of something more central.

But more important is our resurrection state, which is an embodied, new life. And whether or not there will be sexuality and marriage, we have every reason to assume that we will not loose our physical distinctions in the new creation.

Thanks GratiaCorpusChristi.,
Does Christ Jesus begat children than in His new and glorified Body ?

in His glorified Body we see He said this here ..

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.
Do you think its His literal hands and feet He showed them ?

or was it more His work POWER
Blue Letter Bible HAND
and walk and WAY ?

Blue Letter Bible FEET[FOOT ]
4228pous {pooce}

1) a foot, both of men or beast
a) often in the orient, one put his foot on vanquished b) of disciples listening to their teacher's instruction are said to be at his feet

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Luk 24:37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Luk 24:44¶And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
I still dont see it as earthly and sensual sorry :help:
peace C ..

Upvote 0

breakfastclub17

Apr 17, 2007
✟7,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No sex, and no Marriage and no new spirit babies; I think matthew 5 pretty much clears those things up?(might have the chapter wrong)

Now, the question is; will we retain our gender in heaven? I really doubt we will; but that doesn't mean we will not bring our non-sinful personalities to heaven.

Take God for instance; I don't believe he is a male in our "sense" of the word. But he does have male attrubutes. Some would argue he has female attrubutes too.............but I would argue he doesn't (seeing how woman was not yet created, and woman takes after man, just like man takes after God)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
peace C ..

Me neither^_^ besides if we will be like the angels (after a truth) where in scripture is a female angel? After all where Adam and Eve were two (sharing different names). In Gen 5 they were made one and THEY were called ADAM. Though I see this speaking forward to the New creature in Christ after that patern.

Paul said we were to regard no man after the flesh. In Christ theres no difference between "male and female"... the differences we see can only pertain to the flesh (not to the Spirit)

SO...:D if a Spirit hath not flesh and bone I dont think a spirit has the other "fun stuff" either^_^

Peace

Fireinfoldiing

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No sex, and no Marriage and no new spirit babies; I think matthew 5 pretty much clears those things up?(might have the chapter wrong)

Now, the question is; will we retain our gender in heaven? I really doubt we will; but that doesn't mean we will not bring our non-sinful personalities to heaven.

Take God for instance; I don't believe he is a male in our "sense" of the word. But he does have male attrubutes. Some would argue he has female attrubutes too.............but I would argue he doesn't (seeing how woman was not yet created, and woman takes after man, just like man takes after God)

Makes ya wonder. The first thing that I think of (in relation to the fruits of the Spirit) is that they seem to mimick more of the female gender then whats typically exhibited in males. I say that stereotypically because nothing is 100% across the board when generalizing.

They didnt know God at ~the first~ which was all war, violence and pride etc. That definately seemed to preceed what was later revealed, which is a meek and humble heart whose gentleness makes great.

When I think of gentleness I think of a mother. When I think of discipline I think Father. Almost like an inbuilt thing I suppose.

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

Chickapee said:
Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.
Do you think its His literal hands and feet He showed them ?

Yes, Christ was physically raised from the dead. He has a real, physical body.

A spirit does not have flesh and bones, but the risen Christ does.

So was his maleness not risen? Are all his distinctively male traits still in the tomb? Where they obliterated? Does that include the structure of his XY chromosones?

No, no, no, and no.

Christ is risen- the same Jewish male who was transfigured on the mount.

And as in his resurrection, so too we.

Chickapee said:
Luk 24:37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

They thought they had seen a spirit, but they were wrong. That's the point of the passage.

In first century Judaism, a spirit was a dead person. There's a number of references in intertestamental literature to the righteous dead becoming spirits, or even angels.

But Christ is risen- he is not spirit, but glorified, physical flesh. The creation that God declared 'good' is perfected, in all it's physicality, through the transformation of the physical flesh of Jesus Christ. The absorbtion of his flesh into the Godhead is our blessed hope.

We're talking about the resurrection of the body, here. And with the body comes the engendered nature of the body.

Chickapee said:
Does Christ Jesus begat children than in His new and glorified Body ?

Who ever said having gender means having sexual relations?

When we are physically resurrected and return here to earth to live forever, we will have gender- that is, biological distinctions between female and male- but just because we have those doesn't mean I'm contradicting the Scriptures when they speak of the abstinance of the resurrected dead. Just ask monks and nuns and priests refrain from sexual relations even though they have gender, so too will we at the resurrection of the dead and the Kingdom of God is consumated on earth.

I see no warrant in Scripture to think that our gender distinctions are the result of sin, or will not be resurrected with the rest of our individual bodily features.

Reactions: theFijian
Upvote 0
J

jeff992

I dont think there will be gender difference. Does anyone know the verse where Christ talks about how there will be no marrige in heave but everyone will be transformed to be like Christ?

The main point is that there will probably be no gender difference in heaven because we will all have bodies like christ's and different bodies from ours now for that matter. This will be a whole different world. If you remember, God made Eve to have companionship with Adam, but it is clear from Revelation and other books that we will have full companionship and fullfilment in Christ.

Even if there is, the functions of women and men today will be different. The main reason is that women's role changed after the Fall to a more submissive role in society (not lesser value and role just as important!!!!!!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.