Is there a gay demon or a demon for every sin?

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I suspect that if/when a demon is assigned to an individual, that demon studies that person and his history and applies temptations according to that person's own fallacies and weaknesses.

You could be right about that. After all, who would assign a demon to a homosexual and temp him with heterosexual sex. Not logical.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That happens a lot on CF. People do not want to do the work themselves, but for others to hand them the answer.
Especially when they throw out a statement without any evidence and very generalised and they expect everyone to say "Gosh, he knows a lot" when in fact it is more than likely a red herring to cover up the fact he has no answer to his critic and really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am a very gay sort of person.

I applaud your courage to use that word in the traditional sense.

BTW, in view of your reluctance to check out CE/BCE for yourself may I suggest you look into Common Era - Wikipedia
for yourself. I was surprised that it has a very much longer history than I had supposed.

AT my age my brain is absolutely chuck full with the result that when I learn something new (as I just did) something old gets pushed out. I can still remember by wife's name so I am safe for the moment.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I applaud your courage to use that word in the traditional sense.

BTW, in view of your reluctance to check out CE/BCE for yourself may I suggest you look into Common Era - Wikipedia
for yourself. I was surprised that it has a very much longer history than I had supposed.

AT my age my brain is absolutely chuck full with the result that when I learn something new (as I just did) something old gets pushed out. I can still remember by wife's name so I am safe for the moment.

I don't use Wikipedia if I want facts as anyone can alter anything if they want to. I have done that where a pack of lies have been claimed to be fact.

And what does "I can still remember by wife's name" mean?

Most of the time I remember using my memory.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And what does "I can still remember by wife's name" mean?

Not only are you reluctant to read but when you do you seem to miss a lot. Read the whole paragraph not just the last sentence.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Now answer the question.

In the first portion of the paragraph I was setting up the joke:

At my age my brain is absolutely chuck full with the result that when I learn something new (as I just did) something old gets pushed out.

The final sentence is the punch line where I try to poke some fun at myself:

I can still remember by wife's name so I am safe for the moment.

As an attempt at humour it obviously failed for you. I regret that because I was trying to mollify the hostile attitude you have taken toward me. I will not bother you further.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I suspect that if/when a demon is assigned to an individual, that demon studies that person and his history and applies temptations according to that person's own fallacies and weaknesses.
You must have read C. S. Lewis' work The Screwtape Letters. If you haven't, you should. It is simultaneous instructive, funny, embarrassing and sobering.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not only are you reluctant to read but when you do you seem to miss a lot. Read the whole paragraph not just the last sentence.
Not only are you reluctant to answer, you seem to miss a lot of what other people want to know.

Upvote 0