is the WORD a part of you? or do you just know it?

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
my God this really shook me up today...
it takes more than having a knowledge of the scripture, it takes more than just reading the bible like a text book to learn from, you have to do more than just learn the word of God... the word has become a thing inside of you.
it has to be born, in you. come a living being down in you.
the word needs to be acting and moving in your life, you have to do more than just know it and quote it, but it has to come to life inside you.

james 2.21
...receive with meekness the engrafted word which is able to save your souls.

see you have to RECEIVE it into you.
and let it become a part of you. and let it be grafted into you....
and then it will change your life.

like seed is no good to a woman, untill she receives it into herself , and then when its put in her it begins to grow and move and completely change her.

the word of God is the same way...
we cant just hear it we cant just learn it, we have to open ourselves and receive it into our beings....
i imagine myself sitting with arms spread and asking God open me up and put it down in me... i want to do more than just learn it...

its like taking a pill, its no good untill it enters you and then it becomes a part of you and changes you....but looking at it and perceiving it and learning it is not enough...
and we all like to think that this only applies to scripture quoting pharisees, but how many of us read the bible everyday and know so many verses, but those scriptures and words have never been placed down inside us and engrafted into us and become a part of your being...
thats why time alone with God and the word has to very special and powerful, not just dry reading...
thats why sometimes you have to forget reading a few chapters, and stay on one verse and pray over it and meditate on it, untill it becomes a part of you.
untill you allow yourself to receive it into your being.
then and only then...will it make change.
well, be blessed and have a great day. this touched my life.

Lee.

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
thats so true too...
but honestly man, the cry of my heart is... is not just that people try to apply it.
becuase people can try to apply it, but if they never spend enough time alone with it for them to have it enter them, they try to apply it but its just like toiling in the flesh...it doesnt work for them.

this generation is beginning to learn the need to spend more time alone with the Lord, making it a time of special intamicy and really get to know God...like a man knows his wife. its a time of weeping and crying out to God..and as the Lord moves and broods and relaxes, he changes you becuase he becomes a part of you...
but what people still dont see is that the bible is the same way.
they see it as reading a text book, just the learning of information...
and thats not what its about...
im good that you know it, and its even better that you try to apply it...but both are fustrated... without spending a time of intimacy alone with the word so it can enter you. becuase like God is a person and requires intamicy with us, the word is the same way. in hebrews the bible says the word of the Lord is sharp... but it also says HIS eyes see all things.
the scripture is a HE... its a person too.
people try to get intamite and emotional with worship, but why not with scripture meditation?
and thats why is meditation...not just reading.
ya know man?

Upvote 0

futureyouthpastor85

Hillsong Fan
Dec 19, 2003
California
Visit site
✟194.00
Faith
Protestant
This is absolutely correct. My pastor was speaking on this a couple of weeks ago. There is a WORD besides the written word, and that is Jesus. We must get have that WORD written in our hearts. Not only is this done through prayer, worship, etc. but also through reading the written WORD, and applying it to our lives. Memorizing a hundred scriptures means nothing if it isnt applied and the WORD (Jesus) does not live in you.

Upvote 0

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
2 timothy 2.15
study to show thyself to approved, a workman needing not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

hebrews 2.1
there for ought to give MORE HEARNEST HEED to the things which we have heard. lest at anytime we should let them slip.

we really do need to give it our best effort, so we will not be ashamed after a failure, and so we will be ready and prepared for all things. and give heed, so we dont slip...from the truth.

ephesians 6.15
and your feet shod with the preperation....

we must be prepared...
we dont fail becuase God isnt with us, but becuase we are not prepared.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums