United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I ask about the possibility of scripture being changed in Matthew 28:19, because I come from a family deep rooted in Judaism and Catholicism before my Grandfather converted his lineage to Protestantism. And the family (still following Catholicism) were major financial supporters and received tons of literature explaining the Nicene Council and how the Baptismal Formula changed to the "trinity" in the 4th century. Originally, before the Nicene Council, the Baptismal Formula for all churches was done in the Name of Yeshua.[/ATTACH]

There really isn't any evidence Matt 28:19 is a later interpolation all no manuscript or fragment skips over this verse; and the patristics are all aware of it.

Read this highlighted comment

Besides, Matthew 28:19 isn't even all that useful for defending the trinity, People who deny the trinity don't deny that the 3 persons that make up the trinity exist.

While I think you'll find broad support for the trinity in the Bible, it needs to be recognized trinitarian "Christianese" that developed in the latter centuries is mostly absent from the Bible. I don't think the writers had a developed mental conception of the trinity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are multitudes of Scripture verses which teach us that Jesus is God, equal to Father God, the Creator,
the Sustainer, the Giver of eternal life, etc.

But, there are only a few verses which teach us
that the Holy Spirit is God.

There are 20 or so NT verses which include
all Three of the Godhead in each verse.
This surely gives the impression that
all Three are to be regarded as being equal.

Upvote 0