Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
What is Trump doing, hopefully he finds out why we never went back to the moon :scratch:

Internet takes aim at Trump's Space Force - CNN Video
:flushed:
I think they all have to pledge to boldly go into the coes-moes (cosmos) like GW Bush - then not go boldly into the coes-moes. So disappointing every time, when it doesn't happen. Many are hoping that mankind will 'go on' to Mars, and that it wont be fake.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet when I show photographs by NASA showing impossible differences in the size of Earth between two of their photographs, you claim I'm a troll?

Either you are utterly ignorant of perspective, or you are a troll.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
1) Augustine did consider it unlikely for there to be people living in the southern hemisphere since he considered the distances and geographic obstacles far too great to traverse. He was, of course, wrong.

2) This isn't relevant. Augustine's advice would apply even to himself where he speaks wrongly.

-CryptoLutheran
You say Saint Augustine was wrong. I say prove it. There are no antipodes, for the Earth is not a ball.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You say Saint Augustine was wrong. I say prove it. There are no antipodes, for the Earth is not a ball.
not_sure_if_person_serious.jpg

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Correct. It is a planet having an oblate spheroidal shape. All available evidence supports this conclusion.

EDIT: I should say all verifiable, tested, and scientifically reliable evidence. Because who knows what nonsense you can find on the internet these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because Brother the truth will set us free from lies, this is only me sharing my thoughts on this and why I'm starting to believe the Earth is flat being circle flat and not a globe/sphere but I'm still looking into it and finding out much about it. to me only I don't think we ever really went to the moon and if so why we are not going back anymore.
gotta go for now guys. God bless
Jay

If the earth is a flat disk, then how could we explain night and day?

...is it like a frisbee that flops end over end? In that case, there could be life on the bottom, because it would be exposed to the same ratio of sunlight and darkness as the top! :)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You say Saint Augustine was wrong. I say prove it.

Prove there are people who live in the southern hemisphere? Okay, go to Google and type "Australians".

There are no antipodes, for the Earth is not a ball.

Except, of course, the earth is round.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

To the unteachable, all proof is seen as lies and fakes. Attempting to teach the unteachable is an exercise in futility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the earth is a flat disk, then how could we explain night and day?

They say that the sun travels a loop over the top of the disk.

Of course, if that was true, the sun would change in size during the day, and would never approach the horizon. And it's a bit of a mystery why night happens. But they never want to talk about those obvious flaws.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Of course, if that was true, the sun would change in size during the day, and would never approach the horizon. And it's a bit of a mystery why night happens. But they never want to talk about those obvious flaws.

Don't forget the shapeshifting lampshade!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I just can't believe anyone would think that. I mean, I can understand not believing some theories, but facts? Wow. :worried:

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just can't believe anyone would think that. I mean, I can understand not believing some theories, but facts? Wow. :worried:

Yeah, I struggle to understand the point of view, other than that it's "everything I see on YouTube is gospel truth."

Upvote 0