Is the Day of the Lord exactly 1000 years as Premils claim?

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan. 9:27
Quit telling untruths.

Not so, and you know it.

1. Where is a tribulation mentioned in Daniel 9?
2. Where is a 7-year tribulation mentioned in Daniel 9?
3. Where is the rapture mentioned in Daniel 9?
4. Where is a 3rd coming mentioned in Daniel 9?
5. Where in Daniel 9 does it tell us to sever the last 7 years off from this harmonious prophecy relating to Christ’s 1st Coming and propel it 2,000 years into the unknown?
6. Where is antichrist mentioned in Daniel 9?
7. Where does it say that antichrist will make a peace covenant with Israel for 7 years in Daniel 9?
8. Where does it say that antichrist will break a peace covenant with Israel in Daniel 9?
9. Where are the tribulation saints mentioned in Daniel 9?
10. Where does it mention the rebuilding of a third temple?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seemed like you were. Are you partial preterist rather than full preterist?
Partial.
I am A Catholic. We are all Partial Preterists.
Seems Perhaps you didn't read my post #852 very carefully... especially this part:

"Classical preterism (i.e. The Catholic Preterism of the likes of James Aiken, Scott Hahn, St Cryssostom, St Thomas Aquinas, Eusebius, etc...) sees AD 70 as a temporal judgment of God/Christ that is not pertaining to the final advent, except as a general prefiguring of it.
I agree with these respected thinkers on this topic."

And Here is a relevant section of the Eschatology Forum Rules under the "Eschatological Viewpoints Allowed on CF" section that My view Aligns with:

Partial Preterism: Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero.

I agree with this.

Does that Help clear things up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Partial.
I am A Catholic. We are all Partial Preterists.
Seems Perhaps you didn't read my post #852 very carefully... especially this part:

"Classical preterism (i.e. The Catholic Preterism of the likes of James Aiken, Scott Hahn, St Cryssostom, St Thomas Aquinas, Eusebius, etc...) sees AD 70 as a temporal judgment of God/Christ that is not pertaining to the final advent, except as a general prefiguring of it.
I agree with these respected thinkers on this topic."

And Here is a relevant section of the Eschatology Forum Rules under the "Eschatological Viewpoints Allowed on CF" section that My view Aligns with:

Partial Preterism: Partial preterism holds that most eschatological prophecies, such as the destruction of Jerusalem, the Antichrists, the Great Tribulation, and the advent of the Day of the Lord as a "judgment-coming" of Christ, were fulfilled either in AD 70 or during the persecution of Christians under the Emperor Nero.

I agree with this.

Does that Help clear things up?
Not at all. You didn't answer my question about whether you believe in the future bodily coming of Christ. So, do you or not? Do you believe there are any unfulfilled biblical prophecies?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. You didn't answer my question about whether you believe in the future bodily coming of Christ. So, do you or not?

For sure, us Catholics Believe Christ Comes Bodily every Day in the Eucharist.
He will Come Bodily today, tomorrow, the next day... and yes, the Final, yet Future Advent will be Bodily.
Do you believe there are any unfulfilled biblical prophecies?
There are absolute Bible prophesies that, by their very nature, have no terminus and continue to be fulfilled in greater, more complete ways every day... Isaiah 9:7 for example, is one.

Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.

As you can see, This passage has no terminus, and will remain in a constant state of greater fulfillment each and every day, even forever.

All Bible Eschatology necessarily had it's primary Fulfillment and application in and for the first century Christians, and served as a general prefiguring for the Future to us, Final Advent, however, the timing and details of that event have not been revelated to men, (Deuteronomy 29:29)

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For sure, us Catholics Believe Christ Comes Bodily every Day in the Eucharist.
Ugh. What a terrible, disgusting and cannibalistic doctrine. Just unbelievable.

He will Come Bodily today, tomorrow, the next day... and yes, the Final, yet Future Advent will be Bodily.
When you refer to the "Final, yet Future Advent", are you referring to this:

Acts 1:9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.

In other words, are you referring to Him coming back from heaven bodily in the future just like He ascended bodily to heaven long ago?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ugh. What a terrible, disgusting and cannibalistic doctrine. Just unbelievable.

You must not take this scripture literally then.. That's ok. Nobody is a true Literalist when it comes to scriptural interpretation. I take this one literally however. You are certainly free to choose against a literal interpretation of it.

Luke 22:19

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

When you refer to the "Final, yet Future Advent", are you referring to this:

Acts 1:9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.

In other words, are you referring to Him coming back from heaven bodily in the future just like He ascended bodily to heaven long ago?

The Acts 1:11 "like manner" coming was primarily, literally, fulfilled in Acts 7:55-56 and Acts 9:3-6.
Do those fulfillments generally prefigure the future Bodily advent? I believe they do.

Interestingly, every eye did not see Jesus Ascend in acts 1:9 (only the Apostles did, the ascension was not visible across the Globe)
Do you believe His return will be literally "in Like Manner" as that? -I'm guessing not

Jesus Handed out no Rewards or Punishments at His Acts 1:9 Ascension.
Do you believe His return will be literally "in like manner" as that? -I'm guessing not

Jesus was not accompanied by armies of Angels at His Acts 1:9 ascension.
Do you Believe His return will be literally "in Like Manner" as that? -I'm guessing not

So far, from my limited exposure to what you believe, it does seem you're not much of a literalist, which again, is perfectly fine by me.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must not take this scripture literally then.. That's ok. Nobody is a true Literalist when it comes to scriptural interpretation. I take this one literally however. You are certainly free to choose against a literal interpretation of it.

Luke 22:19

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
He clearly was saying that it symbolically represented His body. If He wanted them to literally eat His body, He could have easily taken off a piece of His body for each of them to eat and then healed Himself immediately afterwards. To think you can actually literally eat His body and drink His blood now is beyond insane and is probably the most unbelievable doctrine imaginable.

The Acts 1:11 "like manner" coming was primarily, literally, fulfilled in Acts 7:55-56 and Acts 9:3-6.
Do those fulfillments generally prefigure the future Bodily advent? I believe they do.

Interestingly, every eye did not see Jesus Ascend in acts 1:9 (only the Apostles did, the ascension was not visible across the Globe)
Do you believe His return will be literally "in Like Manner" as that? -I'm guessing not
In like manner simply means He will return bodily and visibly and has nothing to with how many people saw Him ascend or how many people will see Him after He descends. It is how He comes that will be in like manner as how He left, which was bodily and visibly.

Do you think we will see Jesus face to face one day or do you think you'll just eat His body and drink His blood for eternity? If you do believe we will literally see Him one day, how exactly do you believe that will come about (since you don't believe He will bodily descend from heaven)?

Anyway, your view is full preterism because you don't believe in the future bodily coming of Christ from heaven the way a vast majority of Christians do. And that view isn't allowed to be promoted here whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He clearly was saying that it symbolically represented His body.

Again, you are free to apply a patently NON Literal interpretation to any scriptural passage that suits your view.
I will not stand in your way.

In like manner simply means He will return bodily and visibly and has nothing to with how many people saw Him ascend or how many people will see Him after He descends.

Show me the scripture that teaches this. Show me the scripture that teaches you to apply "Bodily and Visibly" as the ONLY TWO attributes of the ascension that are confined to the term "In like manner as" the ascension.

Clearly, the manner and nature of the return you believe in, is nothing like the ascension of the Humble Servant Jesus that only the apostles saw. It Doesn't take a Doctorate in theology to ascertain that vast gaping differences in the nature and manner of these two events that you already believe and profess exists.

And Demonstrate How Acts 7:55-56 and Acts 9:3-6 are NOT primary fulfillments. Was it not the Real, whole, Complete Jesus Christ Bodily present in Both those comings?

You clearly have tossed out most of the attributes of the ascension as applicable to the "like manner" return, and have chosen only two that suit your previously held bias... But Where exactly is your scriptural instruction to do that?
You've yet to present any.

Do you think we will see Jesus face to face one day or do you think you'll just eat His body and drink His blood for eternity?

Absolutely when I shed this earthly tent i will see Him face to face and I will also sup with Him for eternity.

If you do believe we will literally see Him one day, how exactly do you believe that will come about (since you don't believe He will bodily descend from heaven)?

If you'd like to take issue with what I actually believe, it would be better if you correctly repeat my already stated beliefs to you, and don't make up straw men.
as I said in post #865:
yes, the Final, yet Future Advent will be Bodily.

Please don't lie by claiming I did not affirm that belief to you already.

Anyway, your view is full preterism because you don't believe in the future bodily coming of Christ from heaven the way a vast majority of Christians do. And that view isn't allowed to be promoted here whether you like it or not.

Again, Please don't lie anymore.
I have affirmed there will be a FUTURE TO US FINAL ADVENT of Jesus Christ and it WILL BE BODILY!
No FULL Preterist believes and professes that. Not a single one.

Please refrain from lying about my belief to create a straw man.
I know you're new here, but as a veteran of nearly 20 years on this site, I can assure you our readers are MUCH smarter than that, and can spot a straw man argument, especially one as naked as yours, a mile away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, you are free to apply a patently NON Literal interpretation to any scriptural passage that suits your view.

Show me the scripture that teaches this. Show me the scripture that teaches you to apply "Bodily and Visibly" as the ONLY TWO attributes of the ascension that are confined to the term "In like manner as" the ascension.

Clearly, the manner and nature of the return you believe in, is nothing like the ascension of the Humble Servant Jesus that only the apostles saw. It Doesn't take a Doctorate in theology to ascertain that vast gaping differences in the nature and manner of these two events that you already believe and profess exists.

And Demonstrate How Acts 7:55-56 and Acts 9:3-6 are NOT primary fulfillments. Was it not the Real, whole, Complete Jesus Christ Bodily present in Both those comings?

You clearly have tossed out most of the attributes of the ascension as applicable to the "like manner" return, and have chosen only two that suit your previously held bias... But Where exactly is your scriptural instruction to do that?

Absolutely when I shed this earthly tent i will see Him face to face and I will also sup with Him for eternity.

If you'd like to take issue with what I actually believe, it would be better if you correctly repeat my already stated beliefs to you, and don't make up straw men.
as I said in post #865:

I have affirmed there will be a FUTURE TO US FINAL ADVENT of Jesus Christ and it WILL BE BODILY!

I know you're new here, but as a veteran of nearly 20 years on this site, I can assure you our readers are MUCH smarter than that, and can spot a straw man argument, especially one as naked as yours, a mile away.
If I have mistaken what you believe it's only because you're not being clear. I wasn't intending to lie about what you believe at all. I'm just not seeing where you've indicated that you believe in the future glorious bodily return of Jesus Christ from heaven which is our blessed hope (Titus 2:13).

So, why don't we try this. Can you tell me which scriptures you believe speak of the final bodily advent of Jesus Christ?

How do you interpret the following passage? Do you see it as being a future event where Jesus will bodily descend from heaven and then meet His people (including the dead who were raised) in the air?

1 Thess 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

How do you interpret the following passage? Do you believe it will be fulfilled in the future?

2 Thess 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Do you see the following passage as happening in the future?

Mark 13:24 But in those days, following that distress, “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
26 “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is a codified Matthew necessary for the Christian to read, and understand correctly to be Saved?
If so, How on earth were 2 centuries of Christians Saved without having a codified Matthew that taught the whole truth? Were they Lost and without Hope of Salvation then?
They had Paul's epistles. We are talking about the remembered history of Jesus and all important aspects, except they left out the Second Coming.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

as I said in post #865:

Jesus is physically in heaven He is not bodily in a wafer on earth. That is absurd.

Upvote 0