West Coast
✟15,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's too early to tell definitively, but the tentative answer would be "yes".

US wide racial hate crime stats from the FBI aren't out for 2020, but some state and city level stats are. A number of large urban areas (New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Oakland, Houston, San Francisco, Dallas, Savannah) have all reported spikes in hate crimes specifically targeting Asians.

The FBI also issued a warning late in early 2020 and then again in late 2020 that it was seeing an increase in the number of anti-Asian hate crimes.

A confounding issue - similar, but different, to some African American communities - for the issue is a strong tendency for Asian Americans not to report such issues to the police. There's a representative organisation that found that fewer than 10% of incidents, including those of violence, actually get reported to police. Bystanders and/or concerned individuals are more likely to report an incident.

EDIT: To add to this, a look at city level law enforcement agencies from just 15 cities shows 123 incidents defined as a hate crime. That compares to a US wide total of 153 incidents in 2019.

There's also the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism that found that 1Q2021 anti-Asian hate crimes were up 169% compared to the same time in 2020.

Yeah I'm sorry but you're incorrect. Even if you're only mentioning white in relation to OP, you're still affirming that the attacks are carried out by white supremacists. Attacks on Asians are up but the VAST majority of them are from blacks.

I'm willing to bet that you've never come across an actual white supremacist in your life. Do you have any idea how rare it is? There are probably less than 100,000 legitimate white supremacists in this country which is < 1% of the total population.

There are actual problems to be addressed I'm beyond understanding why people are so obsessed with white supremacists at this point.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah I'm sorry but you're incorrect. Even if you're only mentioning white in relation to OP, you're still affirming that the attacks are carried out by white supremacists. Attacks on Asians are up but the VAST majority of them are from blacks.

I'm willing to bet that you've never come across an actual white supremacist in your life. Do you have any idea how rare it is? There are probably less than 100,000 legitimate white supremacists in this country which is < 1% of the total population.

There are actual problems to be addressed I'm beyond understanding why people are so obsessed with white supremacists at this point.

Self hatred. Lots of whites hate their race.
I remember this white guy at col l eye saying he would
fight with the blacks if there were a race war.

Upvote 0