Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is it true white supremacists are attacking the Asian community now, and that the latest shooting was a hate crime against the Asian community?

...Or is the media just fabricating a "conspiracy theory" to villainize the "white majority" again?
Probably the second of those.

• Agree
Reactions: Subdood
Upvote 0

KingsK.H.R.R.S

Holy, Righteous, Ratchet Squad
Mar 12, 2021
Oregon
✟18,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there may be some Incel/MGTOW/Redpill stuff going on. May not necessarily be because these people were asian, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a customer and was being inappropriate with the staff and they shut him down.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The sheriff's office has said that he claims he was a sex addict. Asian spas are pretty well known as covers for sex trafficking so probably partial truths on all of this. Can anyone say "Robert Kraft"?

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it true white supremacists are attacking the Asian community now, and that the latest shooting was a hate crime against the Asian community?

...Or is the media just fabricating a "conspiracy theory" to villainize the "white majority" again?

Asian-Americans Are Being Attacked. Why Are Hate Crime Charges So Rare?

Yes, unfortunately it's true that white supremacists are attacking Asians in increasing numbers, probably because trump called COVID-19 the "China virus".

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, unfortunately it's true that white supremacists are attacking Asians in increasing numbers, probably because trump called COVID-19 the "China virus".
Then it took them quite awhile to notice that Trump said that or that there are Asians in this country, don't you think? ;) No, your theory doesn't hold up to even a quick examination.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then it took them quite awhile to notice that Trump said that or that there are Asians in this country, don't you think? ;) No, your theory doesn't hold up to even a quick examination.

By you anyway...

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

An actual quick examination, i.e. an internet search, shows that in fact there has been a 150% rise in crimes against Asian Americans in the last year. This latest attack is by no means the first or even the strongest example of targeting that their community has experienced.
Now is it Trump's fault? Hard to say. Americans are plenty capable of being xenophobic all on their own, but having a powerful role model sure helps.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

To your first point, yes Asian Americans are being targeted more.
To your second point, eh, it's a bit hasty to say this shooting is an example of that targeting. More could come out, but currently the standard combo of mental illness and misogyny seems most likely. I wish the media narrative was focusing more energy on that, but race is still a reasonable issue to explore in the incident.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The media is peddling fake news like always, the media can never be trusted. The shootings in Georgia were from a religious motivation not race.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,370.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
To your first point, yes Asian Americans are being targeted more.
To your second point, eh, it's a bit hasty to say this shooting is an example of that targeting. More could come out, but currently the standard combo of mental illness and misogyny seems most likely. I wish the media narrative was focusing more energy on that, but race is still a reasonable issue to explore in the incident.
Mental illness and misogyny don't exclude hate crime or targeting a community.

• Agree
Reactions: Kettriken
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I saw news videos about African Americans attacking elderly Asians on TV. I lived in SW DC four years. An African American youth gang robbed me while I went to buy a Sunday paper. I stopped walking around. Someone used to pull the fire alarm after midnight. The elevators stopped. An old man had to go down the stairs with his walker. One morning there were screws in the tires of cars in the parking lot. My tires were damaged. Someone I thought was probably a robber stalked me when I went to my car to answer emergency service calls at night. I had to run to get to my car. Several people had been murdered in the area. I moved out.

• Friendly
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
An actual quick examination, i.e. an internet search, shows that in fact there has been a 150% rise in crimes against Asian Americans in the last year.
But those same reports also say the willingness of government agencies to keep score on this classification of crimes has gone up over the same time period.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An actual quick examination, i.e. an internet search, shows that in fact there has been a 150% rise in crimes against Asian Americans in the last year. This latest attack is by no means the first or even the strongest example of targeting that their community has experienced.
Now is it Trump's fault? Hard to say. Americans are plenty capable of being xenophobic all on their own, but having a powerful role model sure helps.

Do you know what the statistics are with crimes against white people?

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But those same reports also say the willingness of government agencies to keep score on this classification of crimes has gone up over the same time period.

Except for crimes against whites... Nobody is allowed to examine that.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Could you post your link to the study? I've had a hard time finding the actual report, just articles about it.
It can be difficul to suss out when things are being reported more vs. actually rising. In this case, though the numbers and anecdotes match what one would expect. In fact, the FBI warned last spring that a rise in bigoted crime against Asian Americans was to be expected along with the arrival of covid-19.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Mental illness and misogyny don't exclude hate crime or targeting a community.

You're quite right. Given the frequent objectification of Asian women, I would be surprised if bigotry was not at least a factor, even if it was not his primary motivation.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think he had some help from the apocalyptic pulpit he listened to.

Some branches of religions are just plain dangerous.

Upvote 0