Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People will have to Go to Jerusalem from years to years during the 1,000 years to Give Glory to Jesus and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Jesus is the tabernacle, based on the verse below.

Joh_2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Jesus is the feast, based on what occurred at the Last Supper.

Based on Luke 24:25-27, and the text below, the whole Old Testament is about Him.
The feast of tablernacles is only a type and shadow of Christ.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Those who read the New Testament have the final revelation of God's Word.
Why would we ignore it to make our doctrine work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grateful thanks, Riberra, for patience in the face of intransigent and constantly reiterated nonsense from one who over emphasis's his posts and totally fails to live up to his name.

Paul must have been writing "nonsense" also, according to you, because he did not support your CME theory in the passage below.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Did Paul write "nonsense" in the passage above?

A claim that the New Covenant has not come into effect yet would be an example of "nonsense".

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
This is telling of a CME. The Sixth Seal event, when he Lord will destroy the godless peoples.
It is plainly not about His Return in Glory, as He is only revealed to His own people, as verse 10 says.
You don't see it because you have a closed mind, having already decided what you want God to do for you.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is telling of a CME. The Sixth Seal event, when he Lord will destroy the godless peoples.
It is plainly not about His Return in Glory, as He is only revealed to His own people, as verse 10 says.
You don't see it because you have a closed mind, having already decided what you want God to do for you.

Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Mat 24:30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev 6:12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.
(The moon does not give its normal light during a blood moon, because the earth's shadow is on the moon.)
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,
Rev 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Rev 6:17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

What does the text say to an unbiased witness, who is not attempting to make his theory work?

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon WILL NOT give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Mat 24:30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev 6:12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.
(The moon does not give its normal light during a blood moon, because the earth's shadow is on the moon.)
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,
Rev 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Rev 6:17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

What does the text say to an unbiased witness, who is not attempting to make his theory work?
The text in Matthew 24:29-31 [and the moon WILL NOT give its light;]tell us that the Moon will not reflect any light at all.

The text in Revelation 6:12 at the opening of the 6TH Seal [following the Great Earthquake] tell us that - the moon became RED LIKE BLOOD.-thus will reflect a light.

How someone who have teach some basic astronomy is not able to see that ?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Joh_2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Based on Luke 24:25-27, and the text below, the whole Old Testament is about Him.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Have you noticed that the text in Zech 14:16-19 is about THE COMMAND FOR THE NATIONS [people in natural bodies] to go in Jerusalem once a year [from years to years] to WORSHIP JESUS during the 1,000 years Reign of Jesus on the Earth. Thus the Feast of Tabernacles will be exactly that ....the Nations will have to go to Jerusalem once a year [from years to years] to WORSHIP JESUS...
Zechariah 14
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year TO WORSHIP the King, Jehovah of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso of [all] the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem TO WORSHIP the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, neither [shall it be] upon them; there shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The text un Matthew 24:29-31 tell us that the Moon will not reflect any light at all.

The text in Revelation 6:12 tell us that - the moon became red like blood.-thus will reflect a light.

How someone who have teach some basic astronomy is not able to see that ?

I have watched blood moons through a telescope. How about you?

The moon goes from maximum brightness to almost invisibility in a short period of time. If the sky is not clear, the moon can totally vanish from sight, when the earth's shadow covers the moon's surface.

You are adding the words "at all" to the text to get rid of the signs in the moon.

Even if you get rid of the sign in the moon, how are you going to get rid of the signs in the sun, and the stars?

How many times in the history of the universe will the sun turn black and the stars fall to the earth, at the same time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you noticed that the text in Zech 14 is about going in Jerusalem to give Glory to Jesus ...Thus the feast of tabernacles is to give Glory to Jesus....

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
The Jerusalem which is above will come down on the Earth AFTER THE 1,000 Years Reign of Jesus on The Earth [Revelation 20] ...In The Book of Revelation [ Revelation 21 follow Revelation 20] and ONLY those who will have OVERCOME will have access to it.
Revelation 21:7
7 He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Babb 2 i am tired to talk with a ''BLIND'' man.So you win by default...if that can make you happy.

Time for me to apply Luke 9:5
Luke 9:1-5
1 And he called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staff, nor wallet, nor bread, nor money; neither have two coats.

4 And into whatsoever house ye enter, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And as many as receive you not, when ye depart from that city, shake off the dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

In modern times, in the internet age ...that mean that the time is come for me to unplug from reading and replying to your PAINFUL COLORED POSTS ....Go your own way!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jerusalem which is above will come down on the Earth AFTER THE 1,000 Years Reign of Jesus on The Earth [Revelation 20] ...In The Book of Revelation [ Revelation 21 follow Revelation 20] and ONLY those who will have OVERCOME will have access to it.
Revelation 21:7
7 He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Babb 2 i am tired to talk with a ''BLIND'' man.So you win by default...if that can make you happy.

Time for me to apply Luke 9:5
Luke 9:1-5
1 And he called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staff, nor wallet, nor bread, nor money; neither have two coats.

4 And into whatsoever house ye enter, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And as many as receive you not, when ye depart from that city, shake off the dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

In modern times, in the internet age ...that mean that the time is come for me to unplug from reading and replying to your PAINFUL COLORED POSTS ....Go your own way!!!

I do understand that the truth is often painful, especially when it reveals the error of what you have long believed.

I still love you, after all of our arguments.

If you can show me how to make the Premill doctrine work, I will gladly accept it.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

See you in the New Heavens and the New Earth...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do understand that the truth is often painful, especially when it reveals the error of what you have long believed.
I should have been more precise :Your colored posts are painful for the eyes.
-Link to the video-
I am not a pre-tribber so i do not hold to their left behind theology.
The Saints are the Christians who will refuse to worship the beast and his image and who will refuse to take the mark of the Beast …...99 % of the Christians who will be alive on the Earth during the 42 months reign of the Beast Revelation 13 ,will take the mark and will worship the Beast and his image to save their life.

See you in the New Heavens and the New Earth…
After the 1,000 years reign of Jesus on The Earth Revelation 20.....Revelation 21 will happen after.That is not very hard to understand ...what is written to happen in the Book of Revelation will happen in the order described.

We should be Grateful to God because He have decided to delay the beginning of the Great Tribulation ….because the 42 months reign of the Beast Revelation 13 who will precede the Coming of Jesus in Glory will be unavoidable whatever if you believe that the Book of Revelation is in chronological order or not.Only 2 Choices will be possible and the Judgment will depend on that choice Revelation 14:9-12

If you believe that after Revelation 11:15-18 you will jump directly to Revelation 21 without having to go through the events described in Revelation 13 through Revelation 19 if you are alive on the Earth during these times ...then you are on your way for some big surprise..

You have already decided that you are not interested to be part of the 1,000 years reign of Jesus on The Earth with the Resurrected Saints Martyrs Revelation 20:4-6

That is why i say that you are blind to not see that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Armageddon destroys Babylon
Rev 19 defeats the Beast
Rev 20's Great White Throne arrival defeats Gog & Magog

3 adversaries, 3 confrontational events, 3 victories for God in heaven against sin on earth

no obvious reason to conflate the above into single composite events

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Armageddon destroys Babylon
God will destroy Babylon few hours before the Battle Of Armageddon ....
Revelation 16:15-19 [The 7 TH VIAL is the Coming of Jesus who will begin His Day At Midnight as a Thief in the Night with a series of destruction caused by a TERRIBLE EARTHQUAKE described in [Revelation 16:15-21]...when ALL the armies of the World and all those who will have taken the mark and who will have worshiped the Beast and his image will be all arrived and in place for the Battle of Armageddon.

Revelation 17 and Revelation 18 give the details about why God is so angry against Babylon The Great ..Revelation 18 tell us how God will destroy Babylon the Great.

Revelation 16:15-19
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell:and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stoneabout the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Rev 19 defeats the Beast
Revelation 19 defeats the Beast and the False Prophet and the Armies of The World and all those free or slaves who will have taken the mark of the Beast and who will have worshiped the Beast and his image.

Rev 20's Great White Throne arrival defeats Gog & Magog
Revelation 20
-A fire coming down out of Heaven will devour all those who will have followed Satan in his last deception...who will went for attacking The Camp of the Saints [Revelation 20:7-9]
-Then Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire forever [Revelation 20:10]
-And after will come the Great White Throne Jugdment.[Revelation 20:11-15]

3 adversaries, 3 confrontational events, 3 victories for God in heaven against sin on earth

no obvious reason to conflate the above into single composite events
I agree with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thanks for that reference

Ezekiel 38:8 = Gog & Magog = Revelation 20:7-9

The Millennium (Rev 20:1-6) = "land restored from war" (Ez 38:8)

then after a period of peace & prosperity = Millennium...
after that, Gog & Magog advance = Rev 20:7-9...

as the text of Rev clearly states

Rev 19 = prefiguration / prefiguring of Gog & Magog and Final Judgement

-------------------------

Rev 16:15 = "coming like a thief" = Matthew 24:43 = Olivet Discourse versus Jerusalem fulfilled in 70 AD

Har Megiddo = Galilee = landing site & invasion point of Vespasian & Titus in 67 AD, where the Romans and their allies all assembled to march towards Jerusalem...

where they finally arrived & triumphed in 70 AD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

John 2:19 is a figure of speech called,
Hypocatastasis; or, Implication
A Declaration that implies the Resemblance or Representation; or Comparison by Implication

There are over 8000 instances of figures of speech in the Bible. In the Hebrew and Greek, there are over 200 types of figures of speech. The common Simile and Metaphor are only 2 of these 200+ types.

• Agree
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 16:15 = "coming like a thief" = Matthew 24:43 = Olivet Discourse versus Jerusalem fulfilled in 70 AD

Har Megiddo = Galilee = landing site & invasion point of Vespasian & Titus in 67 AD, where the Romans and their allies all assembled to march towards Jerusalem...

where they finally arrived & triumphed in 70 AD
You cannot take a passage from the Book of Revelation and try to make it fit with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD.....

The reason is simple :The Book of Revelation have been written in 90 AD ....20 years AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD.

You need to return to your drawing board and erease every attempt that you have done to take a passage from the Book of Revelation and forced it to fit with 70 AD.

Hint:
What have happened in 70 AD was the fulfillment of the Time of Jacobs Trouble for the Jews prophezied by Jeremiah 30:4-7.
As well that the Part about the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple mentioned in Daniel 9:24-27

Jeremiah 30:4-7
And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

Daniel 9:26-27
26,...... and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined.
27 ,....and upon the wing of abominations [shall come] one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall [wrath] be poured out upon the desolate.

God used the Roman Army [The People of the prince who shall come [Roman Emperor Titus] to punish the Jews for not having accepted Jesus The Messiah ....in the allowed time of 490 years ...70 Weeks [ 490 consequtive years no gap] are decreed upon thy people [The Jews][Daniel 9:24]....

Daniel 9:24-27
24 Seventy weeks [490 years]are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.

25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the anointed one, the prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times.

26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one be cut off, and shall have nothing: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined.

27 And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease; and upon the wing of abominations [shall come] one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall [wrath] be poured out upon the desolate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 2:19 is a figure of speech called,
Hypocatastasis; or, Implication
A Declaration that implies the Resemblance or Representation; or Comparison by Implication

There are over 8000 instances of figures of speech in the Bible. In the Hebrew and Greek, there are over 200 types of figures of speech. The common Simile and Metaphor are only 2 of these 200+ types.

I appreciate the linguistics lesson.

Are you trying to say Christ is not the temple of the New Covenant?

1 Peter 2:4-10

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Revelation have been written in 90 AD ....20 years AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD.
you are misreading the words of Irenaeus... Irenaeus wrote that St. John was alive well into the reign of Domitian, not that he received Revelation's Visions under Domitian

I think Tertullian wrote that St. John was exiled to Patmos by Nero, after being miraculously saved from execution, in such a dramatic manner that even Nero had to commute his sentence to labor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Apostle#Extrabiblical_traditions

John "lived to a ripe old age, dying some time after AD 98" or so, when he was "killed by the Jews", evidently about the time of the Council of Jamnia which entrenched Jewish Rabbinical rejection of Christianity and its gentile mission

Last edited:
Upvote 0