Visit site
✟16,602.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone I was wondering if Seven Dust was Christian or not. Their song titles sound like it but they swear alot. I am really confused. Are they Christian? Does anyone know any other bands that are christian that are hard rock?

Jacob

• Agree
Reactions: RedHossman

LondonsBurning

You Have to Answer to the Guns of Brixton
Aug 23, 2004
Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
✟7,982.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
no they are definitely not Christian. As for Christian Hard Rock ,well that depends what you are looking for.

If you mean like, Punk, try One-21
If you mean like Raw Rock, try Showbread.
If you mean Metal , try the Chariot.

Upvote 0

Strongdad

Jan 25, 2005
Arizona
✟15,254.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LondonsBurning said:
no they are definitely not Christian.

Wow that is a pretty broad stroke that you paint your /saved /notsaved judgement with...

Here is a quote from lead singer Lajon when asked about touring with Creed:

" I wanna honestly say this. I think what they've done has been incredible. I think they get a bad rap a lot of times, and I don't understand why. Maybe it's because a lot of people [are] thinking they have this Christian thing. I think that's beautiful, because I pray to the Lord every night,"

If I was in the business of judging someones salvation based on their fruit - I would agree with you LB... But I'm not... So I don't.

But I do know their lyrics are for the most part full of hurt and seeking the truth...

Bottom line though as a Christian and a dad I do not recommend buying their CD - as they do get very profane in their "angry" songs...

BTW Jacob I would recommend Pillar for a start :)

Peace,
SD

Upvote 0

Roo6339

Maynard Fan
May 2, 2004
The Land Down-Under
✟1,304.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know any other bands that are christian that are hard rock?

you're looking for skillet's collide album... trust me...

other EXCELLENT "hard rock" (technicaly, they aren't... but they're hard and rocky enough) bands:
blindside
project 86
12 stones

Upvote 0

FlyerBoy

Flyer Boy to the rescue
Jan 23, 2005
Puyallup/Spanaway, Washington
Visit site
✟16,602.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you guys. It was a question that I needed help on. And I think I came to the right place. I will try those bands you guys are talking about. If you know any more good bands please let me know. When I ask for rock bands I don't care what kind of rock. It can be real hard or soft it don't matter. I just don't like rap and other types they just bore me.

Jacob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 24, 2010
✟7,617.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sevendust is an good band and imo way better than some of the so called "mainstrean" garbage that seeps in thru the cracks but if you need alternatives try these.

Emery
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster..
Even underoath to get that dual singer style, I know differing genres but still the same type of style

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

grainofsalt

As far as "secular" music goes, there are a lot of Christians in metalcore bands. There are also a fair number in the progressive metal circles as well. Its not completely uncommon to find Christians in Gothic/Doom Metal bands these days either. While most melodic death metal bands don't seem to be flowing over with christians, most of them lyrically deal more with social themes, personal struggle, introspective thought, war and death as a societal effect, dark fantasy, and occasionally touch on spiritual issues.

As I Lay Dying have members with strong christian beliefs, but consider themselves to be a metal band that isn't so much "Christian" as that God has positively influenced the lives of its members and the lyrics reflecting this.

Killswitch Engage also touched on a theme central to Christianity, forgiveness in the song "starting over". While some members appear to have Christian beliefs, again they are not a group I would consider as "Christian Metal".

As for progressive metal, Neal Morse, Dream Theater, and Queensryche all have pro faith songs in their catalogue. Dream theater however is more critical (as a band) of organized religion, but their lyrics at times are supportive of having a relationship with God. Dream Theater's "I Walk Beside You" has a particularly pro God tone in that it calls the weary believer to cast their cares to God. However, "blind faith" seems to deal with people following God that are spoiled and expect God to do more for them and the world arround them. It seems to question why God doesn't do more, but the song is part of the 6 degree of inner turbulance album, which the struggle of faith is considered 1 of the 6 degrees. Another song on the album deals with a person becoming humbled and has the lyrics "From a thief to a beggar, from god to God save me".

Within Temptation does a song called "the Cross" and seems to be focused on God's point of view in calling a lost child. However, they criticize religion itself for being the cause of wars on a latter album track.

Upvote 0