Is Saturday Sabbath Observance Essential?

saspian

Jun 12, 2013
✟15,174.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have had some involvement with SDA over many decades.
As for Sabbath worship I do not see this as essential and possibly not in keeping with Christ's seemingly essential message.
Some have accused SDA of being latter day Galatians.
This is simply a personal consideration.
Many years ago The Pope was viewed as 666. Does this still apply?
Thank you.:wave:

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had some involvement with SDA over many decades.
As for Sabbath worship I do not see this as essential and possibly not in keeping with Christ's seemingly essential message.
Some have accused SDA of being latter day Galatians.
This is simply a personal consideration.
Many years ago The Pope was viewed as 666. Does this still apply?
Thank you.:wave:

Exposing Antichrist

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of web sites springing up like that now. I am sure no of visits will pick up as time goes on :)

The reason why there are only 92 visits is because I just put it up two days ago. Start pointing people to it so that they can be enlightened by truth and then you will see the number go up on the website, as well as, in the kingdom of God...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I know I'm right, if they hunger and thirst for righteousness and have a love for truth...:amen:
Well; I am sorry but even the title is misleading for the Bible tells us that there are "antichrists", [plural], scripture does not refer to it in the singular, as in "antichrist."

This is what I mean by "there are lots of websites like that springing up." It's very unfortunate that more will not choose to dwell a bigger percentage of their "ministry," on Christ, and His amazing love. There is so much to talk about there; I don't know how some find so much time to talk of Satan and his great power, and all that he has accomplished. We need to spend that kind of energy on Jesus. Period. I am not very "hungry" for the kind of stuff on your web site anymore, but I know some are so I am sure the number of visits will increase for you. :)

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well; I am sorry but even the title is misleading for the Bible tells us that there are "antichrists", [plural], scripture does not refer to it in the singular, as in "antichrist."

This is what I mean by "there are lots of websites like that springing up." It's very unfortunate that more will not choose to dwell a bigger percentage of their "ministry," on Christ, and His amazing love. There is so much to talk about there; I don't know how some find so much time to talk of Satan and his great power, and all that he has accomplished. We need to spend that kind of energy on Jesus. Period. I am not very "hungry" for the kind of stuff on your web site anymore, but I know some are so I am sure the number of visits will increase for you. :)

Maybe you need to change your SDA logo because having the correct identity of Antichrist is a foundational point in the SDA movement, as well as, being able to understand where much of today's false doctrines have come from. I understand how you can be battle weary but the battle still rages on.

Even a novice Bible student knows there are many antichrists but there is one who rises above the rest in the last days. He is the one who holds a position and sits in the temple of God claiming to be God. The word, antichrist can mean one who is against Christ but it can also mean one who is instead of Christ.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you need to change your SDA logo because having the correct identity of Antichrist is a foundational point in the SDA movement, as well as, being able to understand where much of today's false doctrines have come from. I understand how you can be battle weary but the battle still rages on.

Even a novice Bible student knows there are many antichrists but there is one who rises above the rest in the last days. He is the one who holds a position and sits in the temple of God claiming to be God. The word, antichrist can mean one who is against Christ but it can also mean one who is instead of Christ.
To correctly identify Jesus in the midst of it all is supposed to be the focal point, and that is according to our teachings on it.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

A lot of people know Jesus and even call Him Lord but it goes beyond that.
If they know Jesus so well why is the preference in 90% of the threads here to talk about Satan? I cant accept how eager people are to talk about him, instead of Jesus and then call it truth. Now what do you think would happen if this thread, in talking about the Sabbath, were to just not mention the devil? If the Sabbath is a sign between us and God; let us not fall into the deception of making Satan our God by magnifying his power as we do when we talk about the Sabbath. The Bible itself, in talking about the Sabbath; doesnt do this, why should we?

• Agree
Reactions: Alawishis
Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they know Jesus so well why is the preference in 90% of the threads here to talk about Satan? I cant accept how eager people are to talk about him, instead of Jesus and then call it truth. Now what do you think would happen if this thread, in talking about the Sabbath, were to just not mention the devil? If the Sabbath is a sign between us and God; let us not fall into the deception of making Satan our God by magnifying his power as we do when we talk about the Sabbath. The Bible itself, in talking about the Sabbath; doesnt do this, why should we?

We should talk about everything. The Bible talks about a different Jesus a different Spirit and a different Gospel. So we have to be careful to stay on top of that. The Bible talks about a great falling away in the last days. So we need to keep an eye on that. The Bible talks about deception running wild in the last days. Keep on guard for that as well. Jesus gives stern warning about not falling into deception. Stay in tune with that also. We talk about everything. Most of our hearers are Christians already but may need to come out of some darkness. Of course the love of God is important but God warns us to continue in His love. Satan's deception is to lead us away from continuing in the love of God. The foundation of true love and worship is obedience to the commandments of God. Why? Because the commandments of God is the definition of godly love and a true worship. So yes, we talk about everything but mostly we talk about the things that are leading people astray today.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
We should talk about everything.

So yes, we talk about everything but mostly we talk about the things that are leading people astray today.
"Mostly we talk about things that are leading people astray..." Thats just what I mean. How can anyone be led to Jesus if that is the preferred subject matter? The Sabbath; for eg., is not about Satan; it is about Jesus. You dont study error to learn truth. We study truth, and then it finds the error. (John 8:32). People will see the error right away when the Truth is studied and dwelt upon as the major priority. And ultimately; Jesus is the Truth. (John 14:6).

When a person or a group of people mostly want to talk about the devil instead of Jesus, there IS something very wrong.

God’s people today have far greater light than had ancient Israel. They have not only the increased light that has been shining upon them, but the instruction given by God to Moses, to be given to the people. God specified the difference between the sacred and the common, and declared that this difference must be strictly observed. And the best way to do that is Christ in us and at the center of everything. He is not a side dish; He is the main course!!

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Mostly we talk about things that are leading people astray..." Thats just what I mean. How can anyone be led to Jesus if that is the preferred subject matter? The Sabbath; for eg., is not about Satan; it is about Jesus. You dont study error to learn truth. We study truth, and then it finds the error. (John 8:32). People will see the error right away when the Truth is studied and dwelt upon as the major priority. And ultimately; Jesus is the Truth. (John 14:6).

When a person or a group of people mostly want to talk about the devil instead of Jesus, there IS something very wrong.

God’s people today have far greater light than had ancient Israel. They have not only the increased light that has been shining upon them, but the instruction given by God to Moses, to be given to the people. God specified the difference between the sacred and the common, and declared that this difference must be strictly observed. And the best way to do that is Christ in us and at the center of everything. He is not a side dish; He is the main course!!

Do I need to lead you to Jesus?

Upvote 0