Visit site
✟84,202.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 4:5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Satan claimed to have the authority of all the kingdoms of the world. Jesus didn't directly contract this proposition. Later, before he went to the cross,
Jesus acknowledged this claim in
John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming.

After the cross, 1 John 5 affirmed this claim:
19 The whole world lies in the power of the evil one.​

Paul agreed in
2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

But there is good news. Jesus' cross restrained Satan's ability to deceive nations.
Colossians 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Is Satan the ruler of this world?

I think so. But he does not rule us. His influence is particularly strong on the unbelievers.
2 Timothy 2:26 they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Satan holds the power of death.
Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil.

For the believers, Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Jesus is greater than Satan. Satan's power was permitted for trials and testing of the believers. This is consistent with the developmental process of satan. God is using Satan to test everyone. This is why Satan is still around until the end.
Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Here is the good news:
1 John 5:4a for everyone born of God overcomes the world.

Last edited:

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
That is how the "king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea" comes to serve satan. As Jesus rejected satan's offer of the kingdoms of the worlds, but the "king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea" will accept satans offer in exchange for worship. And the king will have the kingdoms (in chaos) for a short 3 years.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,202.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
That is how the "king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea" comes to serve satan. As Jesus rejected satan's offer of the kingdoms of the worlds, but the "king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea" will accept satans offer in exchange for worship. And the king will have the kingdoms (in chaos) for a short 3 years.
verse?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Daniel
But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain.

Revelation
Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 4:5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

Satan claimed to have the authority of all the kingdoms of the world. Jesus didn't directly contract this proposition. Later, before he went to the cross,
John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming.

Paul agreed in
2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

But there is good news. Jesus' cross restrained Satan's ability to deceive nations.
Colossians 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

I think so. But he does not rule us. His influence is particularly strong on the unbelievers.
2 Timothy 2:26 they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil.

For the believers, Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Jesus is greater than Satan. Satan's power was permitted for trials and testing of the believers. This is consistent with the developmental process of satan. God is using Satan to test everyone. This is why Satan is still around until the end.
Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Here is the good news:
There is no second thought and Satan is the ruler of all the non-Christians.

Reactions: tonychanyt

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,202.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel
But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain.

Revelation
Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
These verses do not mention the king of the north.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
These verses do not mention the king of the north.

...Daniel 11 where these verses came from is about the conflicts between Seleucid and Ptolemaic kingdoms. Prophetically, Daniel traces these conflicts with great historical accuracy in the 11 chapter. In Daniel 11 the Seleucid King is called the king of the north and the Ptolemaic king is called the king of the south.
...But when Daniel account reaches verse 36 he (Daniel) begins to deal with the end of the present age (Tribulation). Daniel make this clear to the reader in verse 40 stating with the words "at the time of the end"
...Showing that Daniels king of the north is the same person as Paul's man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veni

Jul 6, 2022
Kuala Lumpur
✟18,305.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Paul agreed in

Here is the good news:
I would agree, but I would make the distinction that by "world" the scriptures are talking about the man-made political-economic structures, not the planet itself. Notice that "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world.."