✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The met daily...broke bread...and?

Why would the visions of the Apocalypse occur on a Sunday He never sanctioned...unless MAYBE was it the first fruits festival or Pentecost the only 2 “first days” celebrated

The theme of the Apocalypse is JUDGEMENT and REWARD...you know...END TIME EVENTS...the Day of Judgement
The reference to the Lord's Day was prior to the vision. "when I turned I saw..."
And frankly, the discussion of the end does not begin until many chapters later.

Revelation 1:10-12
On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel already full of those NOT of Jacob included specifically and ONLY in the Sabbath living oracle was to teach that blessing TO THE WORLD is WHY the Lord of the Sabbath confirmed it LATER...the Sabbath was INDEED made for MAN...before Israel its Jews

Which was to be a LIGHT for ALL NATIONS as His House of Prayer was for ALL NATIONS...

Through Israel the WORLD would come to Him...live as He did...

He said His law...not “My 9/10ths or less Law”
I thought there were 311 commands in "the law".
I hope you are wearing tassels. They are just as binding as the Sabbath.

Numbers 15:37-39
The Lord said to Moses, 38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes yes...because in jail there are those that did not keep the law means exactly that the law is NOT MEANT TO BE KEPT...
So, do you observe the law of the New Moon festival?

• Useful
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reference to the Lord's Day was prior to the vision. "when I turned I saw..."
And frankly, the discussion of the end does not begin until many chapters later.

Revelation 1:10-12
On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,

So it was NOT a vision of judgement of the 7 churches...leading to final reward?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works of healing saving righteousness...or do you think He was getting overtime or bonuses for weekend work?
Are you claiming that Jesus was observing the Sabbath? I don't see any evidence of that. And certainly his actions and teaching say otherwise.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought there were 311 commands in "the law".
I hope you are wearing tassels. They are just as binding as the Sabbath.

Numbers 15:37-39
The Lord said to Moses, 38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

But they arent as long as some I have seen...

Pity you so preoccupied with splinters...

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you do your house chores because you wish to own it?

Or because you ALREADY DO?
Romans 4:4-5
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you claiming that Jesus was observing the Sabbath? I don't see any evidence of that. And certainly his actions and teaching say otherwise.

Oh wow...so you now have Him LYING AND sinning as that is NOT doing His Father’s will as He claimed He did...

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 4:4-5
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Wut? What does that have to do with works befitting repentance...living as He lived?

You understand the Law is descriptions of what life is like where “I AM” right?

Your inherited salvation comes with an owner’s manual to maintain and maximize it...

His commandments NOT burdensome...or you yokeless too and not just jokeless...LOL

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Surprised the plank allows you to see that. - lol

Ha...Years of practice...but yeah I got plenty to wash away...not just from my eyes...

Thanks for noticing I am trying...

• Friendly
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is where definitions become important. The term "the law" has a very specific meaning. ( the law that God gave to the Israelites alone through Moses) What you are referring to as the law before "the law" is what I would term as "God's law". Again, a very specific term. The law that was put on human conscience. (which does not contain the Sabbath law)

Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

LOL! The law before the law---There is only one law of God! The Levitical laws and all other laws were called the law of Moses. You can juggle all this all you want. You are getting more and more obviously ---- confused. The law was given by God, orally then written. Have you never studied the sanctuary?? It was a copy of the heavenly sanctuary, Moses was told to make it according to the pattern shown him of the Original one in heaven. Where did the law of God go---in the Mercy seat---the very throne of God, which is called the ark, or the ark of the testimony. Get it??? The Throne of God, has the law of God---the earthly sanctuary a replica of the heavenly----The law of God has always been in the heavenly sanctuary in His throne. It is the basis of His government.
Will be gone a little while---not doing too well right now---just think about it. Lucifer and all the angels knew His law---otherwise they could not have sinned and be caste out. God has always made His wishes known, to go against them is sin. Tread carefully with His word. No one---Not one single being, angel or human, will ever be able to say---"NOT FAIR! I DIDN'T KNOW!!"

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one law of God! The Levitical laws and all other laws were called the law of Moses.
So, you are claiming that the law of Moses did not originate with God? Wow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you eat worms? As NOT to keep the 613 LOL...

Because keep one gotta keep them all...
I'm not under the law.

How many more posts do you think it will take to convince me otherwise?

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Seriously...just wow...

His disciples came to Him privately asking about “What time the end of the world?” and He instructed them to pray the Sabbath continue to be kept in future times of trouble...

Not that they NOT steal or kill or lie or covet or worship another god or blaspheme His name...but that Sabbath REMAIN a Holy day of REST...and NOT “RUN TO THE HILLS”

The ONLY living oracle He instructed prayers be said it REMAIN in the future...

Not even prayers their lives be saved...or the Temple itself spared...but that the Sabbath remain refreshing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So, do you believe that we will be back to blood sacrifice on the new heaven and earth? What will be the purpose of a New Moon festival at that time?

And frankly, Sabbatarians use that scripture to claim that we will be observing the Sabbath on the new heaven and earth, yet they are not observing the New Moon now.

Don't be obtuse. Nothing dies in heaven and you know that. You don't seem to comprehend, or are just trying to be funny---you aren't. ---The new moon was a blood sacrifice ritual---we no longer do those---the new earth will have a new moon ceremony---there will be no blood sacrifice, it may just be a memorial to the shed blood of Christ. This isn't rocket science. There is no new moon commandment---it is not done now. What is so difficult about it? We go to worship God on the Sabbath on the new earth and at every new moon----Now, tell me----what is it about the worship of God that you find so objectionable? You do not want to worship God on this earth nor the new one---no problem----don't. You don't have to on this earth or the next. God won't have anyone there who feels they don't need to worship Him. Everybody else will be so I guess you won't be. OK, that's your choice. You will either worship God---when He says and how He says---or you will be holding hands with Satan while you both burn! There is no 3rd choice. It is God's way or the Highway to hell.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not under the law.

So you are allowed to lie...makes sense...as you demonstrate your claim to freedom to do so...sadly Paul is clear we are under the Law of Christ...which well duh...He gave it to His bride Israel at Sinai...you of course are NOT part of His people yes?

Is why Paul said to copy me as I copy Christ...love as He does and you fulfill the Law...odd its fulfillment is still even relevant or of importance...if you aren’t under it...

How many more posts do you think it will take to convince me otherwise?

7X70?

But not here to convince you or anybody...just making sure I got it and another argument does not shake me...

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So, you are claiming that the law of Moses did not originate with God? Wow.

You try hard to ignore what you don't want to do. God's law is the 10---period. The Levitical laws were called the law of Moses---CALLED---get a dictionary. Referred to, labeled as. I am making no claims. It is scripture and if you bothered to read it, you would know!!

Jos_8:31 As Moses the servant of the LORD commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses, an altar of whole stones, over which no man hath lift up any iron: and they offered thereon burnt offerings unto the LORD, and sacrificed peace offerings.
Jos_8:32 And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote in the presence of the children of Israel.
Jos_23:6 Be ye therefore very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the book of the law of Moses, that ye turn not aside therefrom to the right hand or to the left;
Jdg_4:11 Now Heber the Kenite, which was of the children of Hobab the father in law of Moses, had severed himself from the Kenites, and pitched his tent unto the plain of Zaanaim, which is by Kedesh.
1Ki_2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:
2Ki_14:6 But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
2Ki_23:25 And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him.
2Ch_23:18 Also Jehoiada appointed the offices of the house of the LORD by the hand of the priests the Levites, whom David had distributed in the house of the LORD, to offer the burnt offerings of the LORD, as it is written in the law of Moses, with rejoicing and with singing, as it was ordained by David.
2Ch_30:16 And they stood in their place after their manner, according to the law of Moses the man of God: the priests sprinkled the blood, which they received of the hand of the Levites.
Ezr_3:2 Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God.
Ezr_7:6 This Ezra went up from Babylon; and he was a ready scribe in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given: and the king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the LORD his God upon him.
Neh_8:1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.
Dan_9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
Dan_9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
Mal_4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Luk_2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
Luk_24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Joh_7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Act_13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Act_15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act_28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
1Co_9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.