Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy does supply its own interpretation, ie, Scriptura ex Scriptura explicanda est. :confused: We need, together, have the Holy Spirit interpret Scriptures or the result will be 'not good.' :o Prophecy governs the interpretation. :amen: In Hawaii one would say in the Hawaiian church: "no da kine private interpra kine stuff." Even having the pure Word, without my Boss, God-man Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit, interpretations are spurious. :thumbsup:

That didn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

Brother Chris

Jan 12, 2011
✟8,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy does supply its own interpretation, ie, Scriptura ex Scriptura explicanda est. :confused: We need, together, have the Holy Spirit interpret Scriptures or the result will be 'not good.' :o Prophecy governs the interpretation. :amen: In Hawaii one would say in the Hawaiian church: "no da kine private interpra kine stuff." Even having the pure Word, without my Boss, God-man Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit, interpretations are spurious. :thumbsup:

What did you have for breakfast today? Can you tell me that in a simple sentence without smileys.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Why am I supposed to explain Romans 5:10 in light of the other verses?

For example Rom.5:10a and b must be viewed in light of vs.1-9, correct:confused:? We just cannot grab a verse and run with it, correct? :blush: For example v.10 must be viewed in the light of the whole of Chapter 5, ie, The salvation and Life through Christ, correct? :idea: Vs.6-8 are only the basis for v.9. Christ's voluntary sacrificial death for us while we were in our original ungodliness and sinfulness, this height of God's agape which he commends to us makes Christ the great Mediator of the salvation of all the justified. My point coming into v.10 The supreme result and effect of justification is salvation; it is this through Christ's death. :cool: My end point, even the last two chapters of Romans must be taken into account, along with preceding verses, in order to receive the one true interpretation by the Genuine Holy Spirit. :idea: btw if one just want to interpret Rom.5:10a privately by itself, limited Atonement. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For example Rom.5:10a and b must be viewed in light of vs.1-9, correct:confused:? We just cannot grab a verse and run with it, correct? :blush: For example v.10 must be viewed in the light of the whole of Chapter 5, ie, The salvation and Life through Christ, correct? :idea: Vs.6-8 are only the basis for v.9. Christ's voluntary sacrificial death for us while we were in our original ungodliness and sinfulness, this height of God's agape which he commends to us makes Christ the great Mediator of the salvation of all the justified. My point coming into v.10 The supreme result and effect of justification is salvation; it is this through Christ's death. :cool: My end point, even the last two chapters of Romans must be taken into account, along with preceding verses, in order to receive the one true interpretation by the Genuine Holy Spirit. :idea: btw if one just want to interpret Rom.5:10a privately by itself, limited Atonement. :sorry:

You said you wanted me to interpret in light of Romans 15:16 and 2 Peter 1:20,21. Now you're moving the goal posts on me. Your clarity in your posts leave something to be desired.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What did you have for breakfast today? Can you tell me that in a simple sentence without smileys.

After one has shared his heart out and propositions are viewed collectively as insane to fallacious, for an ol' old man to keep the ball rolling one must resort to viewing certain threads as cheap entertainment. This is one of the threads that is applicable. However I think I was over-entertained and approaching offending the Living God hence thank you for caring enough bringing to my attention not to eat so much poi and sardines for breakfast placing me in an anesthetized mode, ie, out of my slumber now - thank you. Scriptures undoubedly interprets Scriptures, and in this way the Spirit interprets Scriptures. Thank you again Brother Chris and even those that have a difficult time agpaping me, ie, I'm the litmus test.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You said you wanted me to interpret in light of Romans 15:16 and 2 Peter 1:20,21. Now you're moving the goal posts on me. Your clarity in your posts leave something to be desired.

Just a word of encouragement: IIPet.1:20, 21, ie, one goal post and IITim.3:16, the other - all interpretations should fall in between. Sorry, not going to happen in my life time, and not just you my friend Hammster.

Upvote 0

Brother Chris

Jan 12, 2011
✟8,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After one has shared his heart out and propositions are viewed collectively as insane to fallacious, for an ol' old man to keep the ball rolling one must resort to viewing certain threads as cheap entertainment. This is one of the threads that is applicable. However I think I was over-entertained and approaching offending the Living God hence thank you for caring enough bringing to my attention not to eat so much poi and sardines for breakfast placing me in an anesthetized mode, ie, out of my slumber now - thank you. Scriptures undoubedly interprets Scriptures, and in this way the Spirit interprets Scriptures. Thank you again Brother Chris and even those that have a difficult time agpaping me, ie, I'm the litmus test.

The reason I asked is because your posts are a little difficult to read and understand. Could you just speak in plain simple english and answer people's questions? I asked what you had for breakfast and I wanted a simple answer like, "For breakfast, I had_______________________________"

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The reason I asked is because your posts are a little difficult to read and understand. Could you just speak in plain simple english and answer people's questions? I asked what you had for breakfast and I wanted a simple answer like, "For breakfast, I had_______________________________"

IITim.3:16, I heartfully stand refuted. I don't eat breakfast. Thank you again Brother Chris. Will put more effort in just answering people's questions and using better English, ie, famous for run-on sentences.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
John 1:29

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! pThe Lamb of God qwho takes away the sin of the world!

John 3:16
For God So Loved the World
16 “For hGod so loved ithe world,9 jthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not kperish but have eternal life.

1 Timothy 2:6
6 dwho gave himself as a ransom for all, which is ethe testimony given fat the proper time.

1 John 2:2 (ESV)
2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Upvote 0

Brother Chris

Jan 12, 2011
✟8,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IITim.3:16, I heartfully stand refuted. I don't eat breakfast. Thank you again Brother Chris. Will put more effort in just answering people's questions and using better English, ie, famous for run-on sentences.

Thank you brother! I completely understood what you said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! pThe Lamb of God qwho takes away the sin of the world!

16 “For hGod so loved ithe world,9 jthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not kperish but have eternal life.

6 dwho gave himself as a ransom for all, which is ethe testimony given fat the proper time.

2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

And? Or do we have to do the exegesis for you?

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thank you brother! I completely understood what you said.

Think what I'll do is do what I first did on CF with only answering the question and giving just a little more information. Have to admit, had a lot of fun. Thank you again, and sorry you and others were not able to understand the older out-dated insane to fallacious interpretations that I brought forward.

Upvote 0

Edward65

Feb 11, 2013
✟965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've come to the conclusion that there's no point in arguing further with those on this thread who support limited atonement. One can bring forward the most plainest verses and it means nothing to them. They just see what they want to see. They are as Luther said "like a man who looks through a coloured glass. Put before such a man whatever colour you please, he sees no other colour than that of the glass. The fault is not that the right colour is not put before him but that his glass is coloured differently,..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

I've come to the conclusion that there's no point in arguing further with those on this thread who support limited atonement. One can bring forward the most plainest verses and it means nothing to them. They just see what they want to see. They are as Luther said "like a man who looks through a coloured glass. Put before such a man whatever colour you please, he sees no other colour than that of the glass. The fault is not that the right colour is not put before him but that his glass is coloured differently,..."
Edward, if Jesus laid down his life for his sheep, did he lay down his life for the wolves? Yes or no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

crimsonleaf

Think what I'll do is do what I first did on CF with only answering the question and giving just a little more information. Have to admit, had a lot of fun. Thank you again, and sorry you and others were not able to understand the older out-dated insane to fallacious interpretations that I brought forward.
I've always enjoyed your posts and your humble manner Jack, but sometimes they're difficult to decode, which is a shame when you clearly have valuable input (from time to time ;)).

But I have clearly understood the last couple of posts, and as effective communication is key on a forum I would love to see more like them.

Upvote 0

Edward65

Feb 11, 2013
✟965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Edward, if Jesus laid down his life for his sheep, did he lay down his life for the wolves? Yes or no.

Yes.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction". (2 Peter 2:1 ESV)

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

Yes.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction". (2 Peter 2:1 ESV)
From John Gill's commentary:

...and which is the constant character and practice of such men, who lie in wait to deceive, creep into churches at unawares, and into houses privately; and insinuate their principles under specious pretences and appearances of truth, using the hidden things of dishonesty, walking in craftiness, handling the word of God deceitfully, and colouring things with false glosses and feigned words: and even denying the Lord that bought them; not the Lord Jesus Christ, but God the Father; for the word κυριος is not here used, which always is where Christ is spoken of as the Lord, but δεσποτης; and which is expressive of the power which masters have over their servants (i), and which God has over all mankind; and wherever this word is elsewhere used, it is spoken of God the Father, whenever applied to a divine person, as in Luk_2:29 and especially this appears to be the sense, from the parallel text in Jud_1:4 where the Lord God denied by those men is manifestly distinguished from our Lord Jesus Christ, and by whom these persons are said to be bought: the meaning is not that they were redeemed by the blood of Christ, for Christ is not intended; and besides, whenever redemption by Christ is spoken of, the price is usually mentioned, or some circumstance or another which fully determines the sense; see Act_20:28 whereas here is not the least hint of anything of this kind: add to this, that such who are redeemed by Christ are the elect of God only, the people of Christ, his sheep and friends, and church, and who are never left to deny him so as to perish eternally; for could such be lost, or deceive, or be deceived finally and totally by damnable heresies, and bring on themselves swift destruction, Christ's purchase would be in vain, and the ransom price be paid for nought; but the word "bought" regards temporal mercies and deliverance, which these men enjoyed, and is used as an aggravation of their sin in denying the Lord; both by words, delivering out such tenets as are derogatory to the glory of the divine perfections, and which deny one or other of them, and of his purposes, providence, promises, and truths; and by works, turning the doctrine of the grace of God into lasciviousness, being disobedient and reprobate to every good work; that they should act this part against the Lord who had made them, and upheld them in their beings and took care of them in his providence, and had followed them with goodness and mercy all the days of their lives; just as Moses aggravates the ingratitude of the Jews in Deu_32:6 from whence this phrase is borrowed, and to which it manifestly refers: "do ye thus requite the Lord, O foolish people and unwise! is not he thy Father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?" nor is this the only place the apostle refers to in this chapter, see 2Pe_2:12 compared with Deu_32:5 and it is to be observed, that the persons he writes to were Jews, who were called the people the Lord had redeemed and purchased, Exo_15:13 and so were the first false teachers that rose up among them; and therefore this phrase is very applicable to them:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

When all else fails, go to the ad hom.

The problem is that these "plain verses" are taken out if context and their "meaning" is assumed. Then when we ask for exegesis, we get posts like yours.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

So wolves are redeemed?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.