• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is rejecting Christ a sin?

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Hammster, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammster

Hammster Who has believed our report? Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+14,376
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Free Oz! :D

2. Edward65

Edward65 Active Member

+12
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know New Testament Greek so I can't take direct issue with Gill, but a plain reading of the text in it's English translation certainly doesn't read to me as Gill interprets it. I don't accept his interpretation. Other learned people who know Greek don't interpret the text as he does, so I see no reason why I should, particularly when Gill is ideologically opposed to unlimited atonement. Everything he says in relation to atonement is coloured by his rejection of unlimited atonement and therefore I regard him as a false teacher.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. crimsonleaf

crimsonleaf Guest

+0
    Ok, well the others are viewing it through their unlimited atonement glasses, so I reject them as false teachers. So where does that get us?

You say you don't understand his Greek argument but it must be wrong because some people disagree with it, yet you offer no evidence from the others to refute Gill's clear argument with.

Back to all the other evidence and the practical reality that people aren't punished for sins that are forgiven I guess.

And well done for changing "I lay down my life for my sheep" to "I lay down my life for everybody". Shame it makes no sense and is twisting Christ's words.

4. ChrisBot

ChrisBot Version 7.0 Beta

+817
    Christian
    Private
    This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically closed.
    The new thread automatically created is here: "Is rejecting Christ a sin? (2)"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.