Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But NO WHERE does Paul or Moses for that matter say that Abraham did not have the law.

Particularly when G-d himself states plainly that HE DID .... Gen 26:5
because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws.”

these folks ain't trying to hear all that!

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Very disingenuous. It is speaking about where the gentiles heart was. There was no reason for a goy to be among israel UNLESS he or she was seeking to be in relationship with the Father.
No it isn't. You need it to mean that to support your doctrine. Furthermore you can't back it with anything from the Bible.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi silly rascally wabbit. How de world you bean?

Wonder why you still don't hear "now we are delivered from the law?" Rom 7:6

bugkiller

been fine, thanks for asking.

it's "old hat" and i've already been through this with you before, you know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Very disingenuous. It is speaking about where the gentiles heart was. There was no reason for a goy to be among israel UNLESS he or she was seeking to be in relationship with the Father.
It has nothing to do with hearts. Gentiles lived in the Promised land for all sorts of reasons, like that the economy was better.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Just where do you get that from?

You should consult a good dictionary.

bugkiller
The earliest WRITTEN use of Catholic was by Ignatius in 108 AD when he referred to the Catholic Church. Notice, no "Roman." For the next 1500 years it was simply the Catholic Church. During the Reformation, Protestants in England began referring to it as the Roman Catholic Church as A FORM OF DERISION. Over the last 500 years, the expression has lost its negative connotation, so that even Catholics use it. However, it is STILL slang. If you go to the Vatican website, you will see that "Roman Catholic" is never used: the name used is simply Catholic Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The earliest WRITTEN use of Catholic was by Ignatius in 108 AD when he referred to the Catholic Church. Notice, no "Roman." For the next 1500 years it was simply the Catholic Church. During the Reformation, Protestants in England began referring to it as the Roman Catholic Church as A FORM OF DERISION. Over the last 500 years, the expression has lost its negative connotation, so that even Catholics use it. However, it is STILL slang. If you go to the Vatican website, you will see that "Roman Catholic" is never used: the name used is simply Catholic Church.
I see you didn't consult a dictionary. If one says "Catholic" (which is a slang or a shortened name) they're referencing the RCC. If one says "catholic" they're talking about the "Christian Church" which isn't an organized religion. I've a couple quotes with Ignatius using the word "catholic" in 105. The RCC came to be a power player in the 500's I think. I think the reformers recognized the RCC as a religion opposed to "The Church." I realize you might say I'm misinformed to which I'll say "Oh, prove it with quotes and citations." Furthermore I think you're lacking in church history. I'm no authority but do have some education and private hard copy reference material.

This isn't a discussion about organized religion. It is a discussion about the law. Please get back on topic.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If one says "Catholic" (which is a slang or a shortened name) they're referencing the RCC.
You have it backwards, my friend. If you go to the Vatican website, you won't find the term "Roman Catholic Church." It refers simply to the Catholic Church.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You have it backwards, my friend. If you go to the Vatican website, you won't find the term "Roman Catholic Church." It refers simply to the Catholic Church.
That ma be so, but I simply don't have the time to waste no the inclination to spend days on end searching for support of your presentation. It matters not if what you said is true. Here the church you belong to is the RCC. There's not a shred of evidence Ignatius was speaking about what we know as the RCC when he used the term "catholic."

I'm trying to be polite and request you either leave this thread or get back on topic.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BABerean2 said:
Unless you are performing animal sacrifices, you are not keeping the 613 either.
Sure I am. One of the 613 is to only offer sacrifice at the designated place. Remember that we are only to keep the commandments that apply to us. Did Daniel keep the 613? Of course. He abided by the prophecy of Hosea which said when there was no temple that prayers would be our sacrifices.
That's why Daniel prayed three times a day (at the times of the three sacrifices).
No better sacrifice than on a bbq grill...........

upload_2016-4-29_0-41-4.jpeg
BBQ%20Pig%20Grill%20Towable.jpg

Zephaniah 1:7
Be-hushed! from faces of my- Lord YAHWEH, that near Day of YAHWEH. That YAHWEH prepares a Sacrifice,

He sanctifies ones being called of Him.
8 And becomes in Day of Sacrifice of YAHWEH.........

Ezekiel 39:17
" And thou, son of adam, thus says my Lord YAHWEH, say thou! to bird of every wing, and to all of beast of the field: 'be assembled ye! and come ye! together ye from round about on Sacrifice of Me which I Sacrificing for ye, a great Sacrifice on the Mountains of Israel, and ye eat flesh and ye drink blood.

Reve 19:17
And I perceived one messenger standing in the sun, and he cries-out in great voice, saying to all the birds, the ones flying in mid-heaven, "hither! be ye being gathered! into the Supper of the Great God. 18 That ye may be eating fleshes.............

[Zeph 1:7/Ezekiel 39:19]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
bugkiller said:
Did Paul write Rom 7:6?

bugkiller
yes, bug eye, he did.

and, as far as i see, you still don't get it.

'tis a shame!
^_^
I haven't heard that term in ages......

upload_2016-4-29_0-45-47.jpeg

Reactions: JohnRabbit
Upvote 0