Is organized religion evil?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason, it just goes on and on with you... I mean you no ill-will, but in all honesty you are tiresome. You need a full-time Bible teacher and unfortunately I simply can't be that person. I have too much going on. I'll do my best to respond to your questions here and there, but I can't devote the rest of my entire life to teaching only you. It wouldn't be the responsible thing for either of us.

No hard feelings. This may not be what you want to hear, but at least I'm still being open and honest with you. If you wish to learn, listen more closely next time, and guard against assuming to be a teacher. You will have to answer to God some day for it, having made yourself responsible to Him in doing so.

God bless.

I can say the same exact words to you, but I wouldn't do it because I believe that it would not be Christian or nice. So I will stick with Scripture and in defending God's Word in love and respect. If you take offense to what I say with God's Word, please consider what the Word says (I have posted) instead of attacking me.

Oh, and I am not looking for you to teach me, either. Not sure where you got that idea from. The Lord is teaching me just fine.

Anyways, lets agree to disagree;
And part ways in love.
May the Lord's love shine upon you;
And may you please be well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The premise rests entirely on the Greek word "διάβολος" or "diabolos". Devil in English....

Strong's definition of "diabolos"

Short Definition: slanderous, the Slanderer, the Devil
Definition: (adj. used often as a noun), slanderous; with the article: the Slanderer (par excellence), the Devil.

1228 diábolos (from 1225 /diabállō, "to slander, accuse, defame") – properly, a slanderer; a false accuser; unjustly criticizing to hurt (malign) and condemn to sever a relationship.

[1228 (diábolos) is the root of the English word, "Devil" (see also Webster's Dictionary).

1228 (diabolos) in secular Greek means "backbiter," i.e. an accuser, calumniator (slanderer). 1228 (diábolos) is literally someone who "casts through," i.e. making charges that bring down (destroy). Satan is used by God in this plan – as a predictable wind-up toy, playing out his evil nature.]

False accuser in short....

Perhaps, there's no other group in the entire world to have caused each other to (falsely) accuse another of evil than organized religion...

Falsely accusing other people of being evil for the "offense" of simply not a member of the religion we belong to... For example, the Muslims, calling non-Muslims "infidels". An infidel is synonymous to being evil.

But Jesus said, "you shall know them by their fruits" (not according to their religion or w/e). Our deeds is what makes us evil or good, not the label!

Time, is Jesus Christ Organized or Unorganized??

Time, or which sounds better, Jesus Christ establishing an Organized or an Unorganized Church and which would you prefer to belong to?

In order for Jesus Christ to establish and Organized Church It would need a Hierarchy who guides the Church by the Power of the Holy Spirit. It would need to have the successors of the Apostles with infallibility to guided this Organized Church on down to this present age.

To establish an Unorganized Church it would not have any Apostolic Succession, it would be a church founded by men thus the 33,000 + Some organized some not protestant churchessss of today, not in communion with one another but all in protest of the One Organized Church that was found on Rock, by Jesus Christ Himself.

Time to answer your Question "Is Organized Religion Evil" No! Not the One that was founded on Rock aka Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, religion in general is not evil or bad.

The source of bad are individual people and bad people will sometimes gravitate to certain religions and define it in such a way, as they use it as their personal weapon.

A lot of times it takes religion to justify something bad people want to do.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
True. But, if it wasn't religion, they would find another means to justify what bad people do.

People would try to justify what they do regardless, but we really have no way to tell whether it would be worse or better without religion involved generally as we live in a world that does have religion in it.

I am supposing the idea that you can decide that you act in the name of God is a handy justification for otherwise truly awful things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0