Jan 30, 2012
✟8,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that Jesus Christ is God, and that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, Jesus Christ said a lot about fornication:

Acts 15:20
1 Corinthians 5:1
1 Corinthians 6:13
1 Corinthians 6:18
1 Corinthians 10:8
2 Corinthians 12:21
Galatians 5:19
Ephesians 5:3
Colossians 3:5
1 Thessalonians 4:3
Jude 7

And that isn't even half of the direct condemnations of fornication in the NT.

Yes and jesus also hated divorce. He said the only time it is acceptable is if one partner was sexual immoral. Both require forgiveness and repentance.

Upvote 0

StoneWater

Whisper Hurricanes
Dec 23, 2010
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wouldn't a better question be,

How Far Can You Go Before It Turns in to a sin?

Seems like some of us simply want to take it to the very limit,

such wretched creatures we are!

If you want to do it, it's already sin :)

Very good point, and anyone who has fantasized about someone only to find themselves in front of them again knows just how bad of a situation this can put ourselves in.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Technically, oral sex, as well as anal sex, is fornication if outside of marriage (I myself see absolutely nothing wrong with either inside the sanctity of marriage, though I digress). However, if ya' gotta do it outside of marriage, at least you ain't gonna bring on an unwanted pregnancy that way.

Upvote 0

StoneWater

Whisper Hurricanes
Dec 23, 2010
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
traditionally oral sex has been thought of by christians as a form of sodomy

Neither oral sex nor sodomy are in the Bible at all. At best there are some sodomites saying "come back here we want to have sex with you". That has to do with being wanton and sexual harassment, not sodomy nor oral sex. (Despite the name "sodomy" from that singular scene.)

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
If oral sex outside of marriage isn't sinful, then do it in church.

Well, while I understand what you're trying to say (and I agree - oral sex is a sin, outside of marriage) you wouldn't have sex in church even if you're married either, that's just inappropriate.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Being on SSI like I am for bveing disabled, I was told up front that I shold not marry because I will lose a massive amount of the help I get from SSI. But regardless I am going to marry my fiance. My feeling is God will provide so I am not worried about it. The goverment may hold back help, but God will not.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Frankly, I'm not comfortable with the idea of living as husband and wife off the backs of the Ontario taxpayer. But if I never marry my partner, sexual intercourse would seem forever denied to us. :doh:

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Frankly, I'm not comfortable with the idea of living as husband and wife off the backs of the Ontario taxpayer. But if I never marry my partner, sexual intercourse would seem forever denied to us. :doh:

Thanks. Well marriage (and sex) is like a movie. If you want to know if the movie is any good, you have to take a leap of faith and see it. Ok thats probably a horrible example but you get my drift lol.

I have never been comfortable on SSI. Of course it doesn't help that everyone hates people on SSI. I'd much rather be working and normal stuff like that. But since I am sort of don't have a choice I will stay on it. Its what it is there for. Actually I considered moving to canada for the free health care thing for people like us. But then I heard sometimes you have to wait weeks or months to see a doctor. With my health I can't risk the long wait.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Blessedj01

:thumbsup:
Well, while I understand what you're trying to say (and I agree - oral sex is a sin, outside of marriage) you wouldn't have sex in church even if you're married either, that's just inappropriate.

I get what you're saying too. I'm just being extreme. Disregarding marriage, if oral sex outside of marriage was not sex and wasn't regarded as fornication then it'd basically be okay to do it anywhere. In an extreme form.

Upvote 0