Is oral sex considered a fornication?

L

Life2Christ

Any sexual expression outside of marriage isnt godly and not biblically endorsed. Although if I may go off on a tangent, if two people know they want to be married they should live together before marriage. I dont think they should live together during courtship. I feel this way after leaving my parents' home on my wedding day to be joined with my husband and then ended up married to Jeckyll and Hyde once we were wed. Disclaimer: my opinion about living together is not biblically supported.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My feeling anything that you two do in regards to the genitals is sex. he only person that should be touching or seeing that are is you until your married. I had a friend who tried telling me mutual masturbation was not sex. Although I don't believe kissing is a sin. Some say if you french kiss then its sex and a sin. I think its only sex if while french kissing you lust over the persons body. When I kissed my ex-fiance I did not think of her sexually. It was just an affectionate kiss.

Not to mention that once your "engaged" then enhanced kissing is fine. I say this because your past the getting to know each other stage of BF/GF. At that point its to early to be trading salivia.

Again this varies by person and beliefs. Some people can't even hold hands without feeling temptation, others can kiss and not be tempsted to go past that. I'd go as far as kissing and thats it. Although with my fiance currently she doens't believe in kissing at all until marriage, so obviously I love and respect her enough to not kiss her then unless she states otherwise.

Thats also very important to realize. When your in a relationship you need to respect your partners boundries. Her no means no and her yes means yes. Don't force someone to do what you want them to.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brilliant video, importunity. Thanks for that.

Hon, there are a couple of easy things to ask yourself.
Is what I'm doing involving touching/ arousing anything that's normally covered by underwear? If so-paws (and other bits of your anatomy!) off.

Is this something I could do in public? If not, think twice about it. I know that kissing is a bit of a tricky one- because you may very well be going for a very romantic long kiss that isn't really a spectator sport but isn't leading anywhere sexually.
If kissing is getting a little heated, then it's time to back off.

Maybe this is an easier way of thinking about it: if someone walked in on you in the middle of what you're doing- would it be a problem (or be very inappropriate)? If yes- then it's too far.

Don't forget as well that only a spouse has the right to have sexual contact with the other person. If you aren't married but plan to be- then once you're married, that's fine. If you have no plans to marry, well you may be going too far with someone else's future wife.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Brilliant video, importunity. Thanks for that.

Hon, there are a couple of easy things to ask yourself.
Is what I'm doing involving touching/ arousing anything that's normally covered by underwear? If so-paws (and other bits of your anatomy!) off.

Is this something I could do in public? If not, think twice about it. I know that kissing is a bit of a tricky one- because you may very well be going for a very romantic long kiss that isn't really a spectator sport but isn't leading anywhere sexually.
If kissing is getting a little heated, then it's time to back off.

Maybe this is an easier way of thinking about it: if someone walked in on you in the middle of what you're doing- would it be a problem (or be very inappropriate)? If yes- then it's too far.

Don't forget as well that only a spouse has the right to have sexual contact with the other person. If you aren't married but plan to be- then once you're married, that's fine. If you have no plans to marry, well you may be going too far with someone else's future wife.

We have no plans for marriage at present because we both rely on ODSP* and other community mental health services to cover the cost of our medications, groceries, and other expenses. As I stated previously, we are not normal people.

I am not proud of this. :sorry:

*Ontario Disability Support Program

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chuck77

Oct 21, 2011
✟21,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you truly think that's Godly outside of marriage? Really? Really?

Did you happen to read the persons actual question in the OP? Does it look like the author of the OP says he "truly thinks that's Godly outside of marriage"?

Does it? Is that what you think he's saying?

Oh, and btw ChrisHolland, this is the edification forum. I can't find any edification in your comment. Try harder next time to read more carefully the OP and proceed to edify. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have no plans for marriage at present because we both rely on ODSP* and other community mental health services to cover the cost of our medications, groceries, and other expenses. As I stated previously, we are not normal people.

I am not proud of this. :sorry:
Being on SSI like I am for bveing disabled, I was told up front that I shold not marry because I will lose a massive amount of the help I get from SSI. But regardless I am going to marry my fiance. My feeling is God will provide so I am not worried about it. The goverment may hold back help, but God will not.

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Being on SSI like I am for bveing disabled, I was told up front that I shold not marry because I will lose a massive amount of the help I get from SSI. But regardless I am going to marry my fiance. My feeling is God will provide so I am not worried about it. The goverment may hold back help, but God will not.

Then maybe you and I are in the same boat. :wave:

Upvote 0
T

Theofane

Did you happen to read the persons actual question in the OP? Does it look like the author of the OP says he "truly thinks that's Godly outside of marriage"?

Does it? Is that what you think he's saying?

Oh, and btw ChrisHolland, this is the edification forum. I can't find any edification in your comment. Try harder next time to read more carefully the OP and proceed to edify. :thumbsup:

Don't be so hard on him, Chuck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
For most Christians the social stigma would be more accepted to have a quick marriage, do all the sex stuff, then get divorced, than having any kind of sexual relations outside of marriage.

I am not saying everyone agrees with this, but every church I have went to has at least a couple of people who got married for either "sex" or something else, then shortly after got divorced.

What did Jesus say about sex before marriage? Well...very little compared to divorce, but sex before marriage will most of the time be more looked down upon at church than divorce.

I dont make up the rules, just my observations.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then maybe you and I are in the same boat. :wave:
Yep we are, when I went to use the bathroom I think I passed you near the front row of the boat. :)

I am not saying everyone agrees with this, but every church I have went to has at least a couple of people who got married for either "sex" or something else, then shortly after got divorced.
I've said it before but when your young you shouldn't be marrying unless you know the person is the one for you. It seems like every woman wants to marry at 18 because the world shows them fairty tales where people marry young and are perfectly happy forever...then end. But thats not the case. That and they have biological clocks telling them to hav children.

When I was at christian sites trying to date. I'd say at least half of the christian woman had children! Out of the other half alot of them hinted they wanted children even more so then a marriage it felt like. All of them together whether or not they had children wanted more! And men, men rush into it think they also have to marry while young because thats when your sex drive is at its peak.

I have honestly always had a massive sex drive. But I still waited before having sex because it needed to be with the right one. Sadly I screwed that up at 27, but now that I have found the right one I know it will not be meaningless sex.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
For most Christians the social stigma would be more accepted to have a quick marriage, do all the sex stuff, then get divorced, than having any kind of sexual relations outside of marriage.

What did Jesus say about sex before marriage? Well...very little compared to divorce, but sex before marriage will most of the time be more looked down upon at church than divorce.

I dont make up the rules, just my observations.

Considering that Jesus Christ is God, and that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, Jesus Christ said a lot about fornication:

Acts 15:20
1 Corinthians 5:1
1 Corinthians 6:13
1 Corinthians 6:18
1 Corinthians 10:8
2 Corinthians 12:21
Galatians 5:19
Ephesians 5:3
Colossians 3:5
1 Thessalonians 4:3
Jude 7

And that isn't even half of the direct condemnations of fornication in the NT.

Upvote 0

StoneWater

Whisper Hurricanes
Dec 23, 2010
✟15,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When a unmarried man and woman express their love for each other physically, where is the boundary between "making out" and sexual intercourse?

Can two people be sexually expressive without committing fornications?

There can be union in love, without committing the sinful kind of fornication, of course. I think it depends on the purity of the heart.

Upvote 0