Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9:26-27

26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

The people of the prince who is to come who destroyed the city and sanctuary were the Romans in 70 AD. If his (the antichrist's) people are the Romans, it would only stand to reason that the antichrist will be the ruler of the Roman Empire that is described in Daniel 7 as the fourth beast. The fourth beast represents the Roman Empire as it was after Greece ruled the world, but it also represents Rome's future empire. The future empire is shown in Daniel 2 as the feet of the statue. There must be an up and coming Roman Empire because for the antichrist to be the ruler of such an empire...it must exist again even more powerfully than it used to.

Just some food for thought.

Upvote 0
M

maelstrom

Note that the word "he" in that passage is hotly debated...

"He" could refer either to the Messiah OR to the Prince who will come, and it totally changes the meaning of it depending on which stance you take...

In fact, pretty much all of pre-trib and mid-trib dispensationalism is based on the assumption that it is talking about the Antichrist making a covenant.

MY opinion, and the opinion of many others who have studied the structure of that prophecy in context of Jewish writing styles, is that "he" refers to the Messiah. The Messiah was the one who confirms a covenant for a week and made sacrifices stop in the middle of that week. (This is known as the First Advent view I think.) This makes sense, since the ministry of Jesus lasted 3 and a half years... the second three and a half years is just symbolic for this whole age. It's extended indefinitely and will probably culminate in a literal 3 1/2 year period of hardships right before Jesus comes back--the same 3 1/2 years during which the Two Witnesses will preach.

Upvote 0

Where

Mar 8, 2004
✟15,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The context clearly indicates that "he" is referring to the antichrist. If "he" was speaking of Christ and his ministry on earth, why would the verses before it mention the Messiah being cut off and then speak about His ministry in a future tense? The word "Then" before the word "he" in verse 27 would surely indicate that the events being spoken of happened after what was listed prior...which was Christ's ministry. I realize some translations o not say "then", but the context does warrant it.

Jesus didn't stop the sacrifices. Of course as Christians we believe His death and ressurection made it unecessary to offer sacrifices, but when we was crucified many people obviously didn't have faith in Him. The temple being destroyed by the Romans in 70AD is what stopped the sacrificing....there was no more temple to sacrifice at. Plus, the temple will have to be rebuilt anyway to allow for the Abomination of Desolation.

Christs death was the end of 69 weeks...there have been many people who have calculated that to be exactly true. We are in the period of time between the ending of the 69th week and the beginning of the 70th week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Note that the word "he" in that passage is hotly debated...

"He" could refer either to the Messiah OR to the Prince who will come, and it totally changes the meaning of it depending on which stance you take...

In fact, pretty much all of pre-trib and mid-trib dispensationalism is based on the assumption that it is talking about the Antichrist making a covenant.

MY opinion, and the opinion of many others who have studied the structure of that prophecy in context of Jewish writing styles, is that "he" refers to the Messiah. The Messiah was the one who confirms a covenant for a week and made sacrifices stop in the middle of that week. (This is known as the First Advent view I think.) This makes sense, since the ministry of Jesus lasted 3 and a half years... the second three and a half years is just symbolic for this whole age. It's extended indefinitely and will probably culminate in a literal 3 1/2 year period of hardships right before Jesus comes back--the same 3 1/2 years during which the Two Witnesses will preach.
Well, I know it can be taken two ways, but I see that as the antichrist. It says that Messiah shall be cut off..but not for Himself. Who is cutting him off? I think the antichrist so prophecy can unfold because I think it goes along with this verse.. 2nd Thess 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way...Messiah.
A lot of Prostestants do believe that he is going to confirm a covenant between Isarel and the Palistinians and get peace going over there...false as it is. Obama has his feet in both doors now by visiting both leaders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Is obama the antichrist?

Obama isn't the Antichrist, because the gematrial number of the name of the man who is the Antichrist (the beast) is 666 (Revelation 13:17-18), whereas the gematrial number of the name Barack Hussein Obama is 793:

B=2
A=1
R=90
A=1
C=3
K=20

H=8
U=300
S=100
S=100
E=5
I=9
N=50

O=60
B=2
A=1
M=40
A=1

Total = 793

Also, Obama isn't the Antichrist because the man who is the Antichrist (the little horn) will come from a country the territory of which used to be part of one of the four Greek Diadochian kingdoms which succeeded the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). These four kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist will probably come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and have a name like (for example) "Nabil Abdullah Falakal al-Hakim", the gematrial number of which is 666.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Daniel 9:26-27

26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

The people of the prince who is to come who destroyed the city and sanctuary were the Romans in 70 AD. If his (the antichrist's) people are the Romans, it would only stand to reason that the antichrist will be the ruler of the Roman Empire that is described in Daniel 7 as the fourth beast. The fourth beast represents the Roman Empire as it was after Greece ruled the world, but it also represents Rome's future empire. The future empire is shown in Daniel 2 as the feet of the statue. There must be an up and coming Roman Empire because for the antichrist to be the ruler of such an empire...it must exist again even more powerfully than it used to.

Just some food for thought.
and those feet in Dan2 are made up of partly angels....

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Obama is the antichrist, do you guys think he knows his "true identity" or do you think he'll discover it later on?

I guess this applies to the antichrist in general, would he know he's the antichrist all along, or would it be a sudden dramatic realization upon the individual?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If Obama is the antichrist, do you guys think he knows his "true identity" or do you think he'll discover it later on?

I guess this applies to the antichrist in general, would he know he's the antichrist all along, or would it be a sudden dramatic realization upon the individual?
Satan is the antiChrist, an angelic man....a supernatural fallen angel, not a man of flesh...

Satan knows who he is, lol.

Upvote 0

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan is the antiChrist, an angelic man....a supernatural fallen angel, not a man of flesh...

Satan knows who he is, lol.

The antichrist is a man of flesh, FYI.:confused:

He is Lucifer manifested into a man.

Rev 13:18
"This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six."

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi, I respectfully disagree...he is an angel...a fallen cherub....Satan/Lucifer/The Devil/The Dragon, not a human being. That is a fantasy created a long time ago by not understanding the symbolism involved in this son of Perdition's character.

Rev12 says that Satan is going to be cast out of heaven forever, and to the earth for a short season....and he shall go after that which Israel has become...us....by way of desception....

there is no scripture that I have come across that speaks of Satan inhabiting a man of flesh and that man being the antiChrist(instead of Christ)....rather that the Devil/Satan will be coming here "defacto" himself...not just spirit, but his angelic body as well, and that angelic body is supernatural...enough to fool the world by way of lies and miracles...

all the events that many suppose is done by a man of flesh (antiChrist/false prophet), is done by Satan himself. Satan is the one who is coming here to earth first, before Christ raptures anyone, to deceive the world into worshiping him, what he wanted back in Ez28.

Satan will play this role himself....and he is an angel, with his very own physical angelic body, that is going to be coming here....

1Cor5:5 says that God will blind many to the truth and deliver them to Satan, so that Our Father can TRULY Save them in the 1000 year day of the Lord.

Satan is coming here disguised as an angel of light 2Cor11....and, as all angels are physical, so is he...and supernatural with abilities that he shall use to con the world into believing that he is Jesus Christ returned to gather them...(Rev13:11f)(Rev6:2)

he is not going to indwell a person...that's what he did from heaven when he was casting his spirit here to earth, but since he will not be allowed in heaven anymore (Rev12), he shall not be posessing anyone here here on earth...he shall be pretending to be Jesus, all kind and loving and stuff.....peace, peace, peace.....

fooling the world into believing that lie with his supernatural angelic abilities....

most people will think he is Jesus Christ and worship him...it is the role that Satan always wanted, no other shall play it...and not only that, but I really believe that he will be no longer able to actually possess any person, once he is cast out of heaven to the earth for his short season...

in Christ's name
c

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The antichrist is a man of flesh, FYI.:confused:

He is Lucifer manifested into a man.

Rev 13:18
"This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six."
Yep, it is a man indwelt by Satan, just as Judas was indwelt by Satan. Not a hard thing to accomplish since it has been done before.
John 13:26-28 ~ Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xcrunner71

Jesus is the Christ
Jun 3, 2007
✟8,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My opinion of the antichrist is that it will be somebody that was/is close to God at one point, then a dramatic event pushes him so far away from God, all that's left is rage and a willing desire to overcome God.

A prime example of this character downfall would be Two-Face in Batman, he was once close to batman then an event turned his mind upside down and inside out. He turned out to be the most twisted villain in the end. Was also the most tragic.

Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, I respectfully disagree...he is an angel...a fallen cherub....Satan/Lucifer/The Devil/The Dragon, not a human being. That is a fantasy created a long time ago by not understanding the symbolism involved in this son of Perdition's character.

Rev12 says that Satan is going to be cast out of heaven forever, and to the earth for a short season....and he shall go after that which Israel has become...us....by way of desception....

Dosn't make him the beast, he gives power to the beast.

Revelation 13
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

satan gives the beast his power, and his seat, and great authority.

there is no scripture that I have come across that speaks of Satan inhabiting a man of flesh and that man being the antiChrist(instead of Christ)....rather that the Devil/Satan will be coming here "defacto" himself...not just spirit, but his angelic body as well, and that angelic body is supernatural...enough to fool the world by way of lies and miracles...

all the events that many suppose is done by a man of flesh (antiChrist/false prophet), is done by Satan himself. Satan is the one who is coming here to earth first, before Christ raptures anyone, to deceive the world into worshiping him, what he wanted back in Ez28.

Satan will play this role himself....and he is an angel, with his very own physical angelic body, that is going to be coming here....

1Cor5:5 says that God will blind many to the truth and deliver them to Satan, so that Our Father can TRULY Save them in the 1000 year day of the Lord.

Satan is coming here disguised as an angel of light 2Cor11....and, as all angels are physical, so is he...and supernatural with abilities that he shall use to con the world into believing that he is Jesus Christ returned to gather them...(Rev13:11f)(Rev6:2)

he is not going to indwell a person...that's what he did from heaven when he was casting his spirit here to earth, but since he will not be allowed in heaven anymore (Rev12), he shall not be posessing anyone here here on earth...he shall be pretending to be Jesus, all kind and loving and stuff.....peace, peace, peace.....

That's not speaking as a dragon.

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

A diffrent beast, this one the false prophet but there alike, he gives power to the first beast, and guess what, satan gives power to them both.

fooling the world into believing that lie with his supernatural angelic abilities....

Yeah sure fooling the world with his dragon like speech that he is Jesus.

most people will think he is Jesus Christ and worship him...it is the role that Satan always wanted, no other shall play it...and not only that, but I really believe that he will be no longer able to actually possess any person, once he is cast out of heaven to the earth for his short season...

in Christ's name
c
Much here is not Bibical but out of a mans head (sectarian).

Also, when satan is cast into the lake of fire, the beast-a/c and the false prophet are already there.

Revelation 20
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I know you won't believe these verses because they have been given you time after and you still say the same old lies that go against these scriptures.

Zec 11:17"Woe to the worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm be completely withered, his right eye totally blinded!"

Was satan ever one of the flock-jewish?

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
zeek37, are you wrong in saying the beast-a/c will be satan,
Or are these scriptures wrong?

John 13:26-28 ~ Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Revelation 13
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 20
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Zec 11:17"Woe to the worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm be completely withered, his right eye totally blinded!"

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So do you think the antichrist will be a random body that suddenly appears one day?

yes, Satan cast from heaven, making a grand entrance

or do you think he could be like barack obama, living a whole life on earth for his purpose later on (being a baby, toddler, adolescent, adult, etc.).

no, never born a man....but is a supernatural angel.

Yep, it is a man indwelt by Satan, just as Judas was indwelt by Satan. Not a hard thing to accomplish since it has been done before.
IMO, Satan is not yet cast from haven to the earth...I realize that we disagree on this point, but that is what I believe..that short season is not yet here...and when it comes, Satan's supernatural angelic body will be here on it's very own, not needing to indwell a human...nor do I believe that he will have that ability as he does today (or with Judas) for he will be cast from heaven (where that is possible), to the earth (where it is not)...IMO.
satan will be here himself...in his very own angelic body, as real as all other angels bodies are...very physical and supernatural....supernatural enough to fool the world into believing that his miracles prove that he is Christ returned.

My opinion of the antichrist is that it will be somebody that was/is close to God at one point,

Satan, as the protecting cherub in Ez28...happened a long time ago...

then a dramatic event pushes him so far away from God, all that's left is rage and a willing desire to overcome God.

A prime example of this character downfall would be Two-Face in Batman, he was once close to batman then an event turned his mind upside down and inside out. He turned out to be the most twisted villain in the end. Was also the most tragic.

Just some thoughts.
he will not be a possessed man....that is such a shame to see people accusing their fellow human brother as being the son of Perdition....

it is a role set for Satan alone, and no other...he has his own physical angelic body that will fool the world.

in Christ's service
c

Upvote 0