ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think people are looking for "excuses" not to go, as much as they're missing reasons to go. Having an "excuse" not to go means that you think you should go, but you don't want to. I don't think the first christians felt this obligation to go to church like you suggest we should have. I think it was a natural thing for them to assemble, just like it's a natural thing for me and my friends to assemble.

Do you really think your church, or most other organized churches around, resemble the first bunch of believers very much? I don't.

And why don't they want to go, that's the question.

The way some of these churches are run and the 'control' thing going on, another reason people don't want to be bothered. Nobody is allowing the Holy Spirit to run anything..Just men in flesh barking out religious laws and duties and flesh made plans...It is a mess.....

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's really easy to cast a negative light on the type of gathering other people do, it's our natural man wanting to show "I'm right!" - this is true on both sides of any issue.

Organized churches aren't self absorbed social affairs for the uncaring Christian just as much as informal pub gatherings are just people who are too lazy or sinful to go to an established church on sunday morning.

BOTH types do some great things for Jesus. Organized churches gather lots of money and put it back into the community, unorthodox gatherings attract people who might never otherwise set foot in a church or open up to a discussion about the Good News.

Can we puh-leeeze drop the 'my side is right and better than your side' thing going on here and just be happy that God accepts each of our flavors of worship and service and USES THEM ALL FOR HIS GLORY, to some end that he understands? Ack!

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's really easy to cast a negative light on the type of gathering other people do, it's our natural man wanting to show "I'm right!" - this is true on both sides of any issue.

Organized churches aren't self absorbed social affairs for the uncaring Christian just as much as informal pub gatherings are just people who are too lazy or sinful to go to an established church on sunday morning.

BOTH types do some great things for Jesus. Organized churches gather lots of money and put it back into the community, unorthodox gatherings attract people who might never otherwise set foot in a church or open up to a discussion about the Good News.

Can we puh-leeeze drop the 'my side is right and better than your side' thing going on here and just be happy that God accepts each of our flavors of worship and service and USES THEM ALL FOR HIS GLORY, to some end that he understands? Ack!
Unfortunately I can't say what I'd like to say due to rules.
All I will say is this isn't the only doctrinal issue that's problematic that I've seen - the rest of the worldviews follow suit in being anti - anything traditionally 'Christian', and attacking the Saints in some way or another. It's one thing to try to fit into society, it's another to prefer it and speak contemptously of your so called "family".

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately I can't say what I'd like to say due to rules.
All I will say is this isn't the only doctrinal issue that's problematic that I've seen - the rest of the worldviews follow suit in being anti - anything traditionally 'Christian', and attacking the Saints in some way or another. It's one thing to try to fit into society, it's another to prefer it and speak contemptously of your so called "family".
Nadiine,

You have a really narrow view of what you think we are saying.....I can see cleary what you are saying, and it makes almost no sense...when you understand what being a Christian really is anyway.....

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nadiine,

You have a really narrow view of what you think we are saying.....I can see cleary what you are saying, and it makes almost no sense...when you understand what being a Christian really is anyway.....
:swoon:

I understand what being a Christian is - what I dont' understand is why people claim the name yet ignore what the Bible teaches in its fullness and make a Christianity of their own as if they can just do whatever they want becuz they're so unique & different and don't have to "conform" to anything
etc etc.

I'm speaking of a complete worldview or mentality that has an attitude of rebellion at the core as far as see it.
I used to hold it myself which is why I make the claims that I do.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I understand what being a Christian is - what I dont' understand is why people claim the name yet ignore what the Bible teaches in its fullness and make a Christianity of their own as if they can just do whatever they want becuz they're so unique & different and don't have to "conform" to anything
etc etc.

I'm speaking of a complete worldview or mentality that has an attitude of rebellion at the core as far as see it.

No, you don't totally get it..If you did, you would understand why some go to church and some don't..And that it is not a requirement of being a Christian to attend any type of organized religion at all..

It has nothing to do with worldwide rebellion....C'mon, I know you know better than that.

It could have a little something to do with the fact that this is a fallen world and Jesus did not die for religious institutions, but for people to know that there is Grace and that God wants to know them personally..and not so much about corporate gatherings.....as it is about people being healed emotionally, etc...and God is able to do that anywhere and anytime and in any way......and that we are the church to the world...Light and Salt, we are suppose to be.........

Not acting like Christians, but actually being Christians is what Jesus died for...:wave:

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

etc etc.

There is probably a worldwide rebellion towards organized religion, not being a FOLLOWER OF CHRIST...:thumbsup:.....

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, you don't totally get it..If you did, you would understand why some go to church and some don't..And that it is not a requirement of being a Christian to attend any type of organized religion at all..
Yes I DO get it - apparently you don't understand my statements and positions.

Nowhere did I say that church was REQUIRED to be a Christian - so you can drop putting those words in my mouth that were never said.
It is a command to assemble together. Baptism is a command too, but baptism doesn't make someone saved or lost; it's a command.

It has nothing to do with worldwide rebellion....C'mon, I know you know better than that.
I'm lost as to where you came up with "worldwide" in my post?? I'm speaking of Christians who are anti church, not the world. I expect the world to be anti anything that has to do with the true God.

It could have a little something to do with the fact that this is a fallen world and Jesus did not die for religious institutions, but for people to know that there is Grace and that God wants to know them personally..and not so much about corporate gatherings.....as it is about people being healed emotionally, etc...and God is able to do that anywhere and anytime and in any way......and that we are the church to the world...Light and Salt, we are suppose to be.........
Jesus died for all - including the religious "institutions" (which I have no idea who you're even referring to by - if it's to any established denominational churches, I'd state my dislike of such a negative attack)

Not acting like Christians, but actually being Christians is what Jesus died for...:wave:
I think He died for ALL.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

True. It seems like they've forgotten what church is all about, what church is. For example, one alcoholic I chatted with complained that there are literally hundreds of churches in this town, and some of them have several thousand members, but he never saw even one of them come to him for as much as a chat.

Personally, I don't think it's rebellion, but apathy mixed up with a false and traditional view of what church and service is all about. So it's not that they prefer to stay at home on sundays, they just prefer going to the church house instead, not making the slightes more difference in anybody's life than if they'd just stayed at home.

The cliques at church get tiresome--and the ones who have their faces in the local paper doing their "good deeds" for the community...too much hypocrisy. I do better when I stay away from church services.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The cliques at church get tiresome--and the ones who have their faces in the local paper doing their "good deeds" for the community...too much hypocrisy. I do better when I stay away from church services.
I also firmly believe that churches are better off if people who dislike church and/or the people in them don't go.

Maybe it's for the best of both of them? (nevermind that God says we're not to divide and hold grudges and attack one another... and be at peace and love them if we're of Him).

It looks like there's people who prefer to attack God's people instead of unite and love (THEN ATTACK CHURCH FOLK FOR NOT DOING IT)
:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I also wonder when's the last time you went to church for any length of time - usually when people attack like this, they haven't gone for YEARS or frequented any churches.
IF they go, they go with a critical spirit looking for faults - and if that 's the case, you'll always find what you're looking for!!!

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I DO get it - apparently you don't understand my statements and positions.

Nowhere did I say that church was REQUIRED to be a Christian - so you can drop putting those words in my mouth that were never said.
It is a command to assemble together. Baptism is a command too, but baptism doesn't make someone saved or lost; it's a command.

I'm lost as to where you came up with "worldwide" in my post?? I'm speaking of Christians who are anti church, not the world. I expect the world to be anti anything that has to do with the true God.

Jesus died for all - including the religious "institutions" (which I have no idea who you're even referring to by - if it's to any established denominational churches, I'd state my dislike of such a negative attack)

I think He died for ALL.

:clap::clap:...You are almost getting it........PRAISE GOD!

Upvote 0
C

catlover

I also firmly believe that churches are better off if people who dislike church and/or the people in them don't go.

Maybe it's for the best of both of them? (nevermind that God says we're not to divide and hold grudges and attack one another... and be at peace and love them if we're of Him).

It looks like there's people who prefer to attack God's people instead of unite and love (THEN ATTACK CHURCH FOLK FOR NOT DOING IT)
:scratch:

It gets boring watching the same show offs doing their works in public so all can see Nadine...it doesn't even come down to someone doing it because it's God's work it's a "look at me...I am super duper Christian!"

So I would rather stay away from the show offs..and the testimonies about how God delivered someone from smoking...and other things--allegedly--.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

I also wonder when's the last time you went to church for any length of time - usually when people attack like this, they haven't gone for YEARS or frequented any churches.
IF they go, they go with a critical spirit looking for faults - and if that 's the case, you'll always find what you're looking for!!!

Aren't you psychic?

Not...it's been a year Nadine and it has been LOVELY.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Jumping to conclusions without knowing the lady's entire story are we? This is common among the judgmental Christians...No wonder people want to stay away from the Church..........:wave:

That should answer your question why people don't want to go to church.......If not, I could give you many more examples....

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It gets boring watching the same show offs doing their works in public so all can see Nadine...it doesn't even come down to someone doing it because it's God's work it's a "look at me...I am super duper Christian!"

So I would rather stay away from the show offs..and the testimonies about how God delivered someone from smoking...and other things--allegedly.
JUDGE MUCH ???
And you know the hearts and minds of each person you judge to know they're showing off? Wow, my bible says that only GOD knows the motives we have.

Read your own post attacks and then stop expecting others to display what you seemingly can't. That's called hypocrisy by the way.

My statement stands.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jumping to conclusions without knowing the lady's entire story are we? This is common among the judgmental Christians...No wonder people want to stay away from the Church..........:wave:

That should answer your question why people don't want to go to church.......If not, I could give you many more examples....
did you miss the question marks ANM? I ASKED HER how long. And then made my statements of personal experience of those who attack churches yet haven't gone in years.

And your sidings are noted too. You don't seem to read or comprehend my posts -
I don't need to know her entire story to know she's judging people without knowledge.

You don't attack the entire body of Christ who visits churches becuz of your personal experiences anyways.
That's unjust attack.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

JUDGE MUCH ???
And you know the hearts and minds of each person you judge to know they're showing off? Wow, my bible says that only GOD knows the motives we have.

Read your own post attacks and then stop expecting others to display what you seemingly can't. That's called hypocrisy by the way.

My statement stands.

Aren't we to do our works in private? It's amazing how some people harp on certain literacy of The Bible but allow things like pride to slide...

As for your statement--eh...

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JUDGE MUCH ???

My statement stands.

WOW!

What a display of Christian mercy and compassion for someone who has been hurt and discouraged by organized religion.

Yeah, This is why people don't go....And the numbers are growing....Not much of Jesus in Christians for anybody to actually see or feel.....:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.