precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure I will be happy to explain how the verses are connected to Nimrod. First see what you can do with these verses. Do you understand what these verses are talking about.....specifically????

Jer 10
1 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
Following your train of thought, Nimrod?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That makes a lot of sense, accepting the Jewish God but not freeing Israel because God didn't want him too. I wonder if God didn't want him to practice Jewry either? :pray:
God is the One True God over everyone, not just the Jews.

What is Jewry? Nebuchanezzar was not a Jew, so he was not part of the Mt. Sinai covenant. So Judaism is not intended to be his religion.

Nebuchadnezzar is not the beast, that's the bottom line.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Douggg's quote:
God is the One True God over everyone, not just the Jews.

What is Jewry? Nebuchanezzar was not a Jew, so he was not part of the Mt. Sinai covenant. So Judaism is not intended to be his religion.

Nebuchadnezzar is not the beast, that's the bottom line.
The bottom line is, that's an opinion, and what I have provided is fact. I can only lead a horse to water; I can't make him drink. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Well that is an argument against Nimrod, unless Nimrod was a nephillim"

There is no biblical evidence that Nimrod was a "nephillim" .... if he was it be defined

In fact he was just an ordinary descendant of Cush, the son of Ham

Noah was not a "nephillim" either [Genesis 10]

And it is also questionable the "nephillim" [Giants] called the sons of God and their offspring were fallen angelics in the first place

I doubt this idea and would say that these were humans that had gained social stature and wealth to the extent that they engaged in all sorts of sinning pleasures because they could ..... we have the same kind of behavior today in various ways [having sexual relations with many women]

And look at the Mormons .... many wives has been even a virtue and this kind of thing still exists

And so do the rich and famous today behave the same, but just in different ways

And the scriptural definition of the fallen angels leaving their first estate and are in chains of darkness and reserved for the coming judgment simply means that their first estate was among the Lord's angels before they rebelled along with Satan and defected

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"There is no biblical evidence that Nimrod was a "nephillim" .... if he was it be defined

There is reason to believe that Nimrod has enough Nephillim DNA in him that it emerged as he grew older, as the bible says he became a gibborim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Following your train of thought, Nimrod?

Ok, but how do we get there. Clear your mind of Nimrod for now and identify what these verses are talking about.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

There is a custom of the people that involves taking an axe and going to the forest and cutting a tree. They fasten it with nails and hammers so it doesn't and can't move. Then they decorate it with silver and gold. We still do this today. What is custom that they are talking about?

Once that is known, we can go further.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The vile person/king of the north will not be a Jew.
This vile person will exalt himself in Jerusalem, but
in his own estate/land/kingdom -he honours others.

Earlier in Daniel 11 it shows also that he deals with the
king of the south/Egypt and passes the glorious land on
the way back to his own land.

It also shows that later in Daniel 11, when he starts to take
countries, that he enters into the land again. He is not
from Israel. He will be from Iraq's area. Chaldean

Egypt is not the King of the South.......... any more than Mississippi is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is reason to believe that Nimrod has enough Nephillim DNA in him that it emerged as he grew older, as the bible says he became a gibborim.

That's misleading; all "nephilim" are "gibborim" but not all "gibborim" are "nephilim". The term is used about more than just the nephilim (whatever they actually are).

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok, but how do we get there. Clear your mind of Nimrod for now and identify what these verses are talking about.

There is a custom of the people that involves taking an axe and going to the forest and cutting a tree. They fasten it with nails and hammers so it doesn't and can't move. Then they decorate it with silver and gold. We still do this today. What is custom that they are talking about?

Once that is known, we can go further.
You are only going farther from the truth, which has nothing to do with anything.

The verses I posted prove Nebuchadnezzar is the Beast because it's addressing Satan being bound in bottomless pit at the fall of "the King of Babylon," which only happens in Revelation eventhough it's prophecied in OT verses, about the earthly King of Babylon's fall. The reason being the Revelation Beast is this "King of Babylon" that Satan possesses to ascend to God's throne, the Beast from the bottomless pit, Nebuchadnezzar, based on the context of these verses.

Facts!

Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
Isa 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers
-------------------
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
Isa 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Prophecied in the old testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are only going farther from the truth, which has nothing to do with anything.

The verses I posted prove Nebuchadnezzar is the Beast because it's addressing Satan being bound in bottomless pit at the fall of "the King of Babylon" which only happens in Revelation eventhough it's prophecied in OT verses about the earthly King of Babylon's fall. The reason being, the Revelation Beast is this "King of Babylon" that Satan possesses to ascend to God's throne, the Beast from the bottomless pit, Nebuchadnezzar, based on the context of these verses.

Facts!

Prophecied in the old testament.

Well you expect to solve a multiplication problem when you can't add.

You have conveniently........or most likely.....from lack of understanding left out the verses that tell us who the king of Babylon is.

Isa 14
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

The fir trees and the cedars of Lebanon rejoice since thou are laid down. NO FELLER HAS COME AGAINST US.

Then when we go to Jer 10 we see

Jer 10

So if you want to identify who the king of Babylon is, you probably need to understand why the fir trees are rejoicing that no one with an ax is coming against them.....as that is what is meant by no FELLER is come against us.

So you probably need to identify what custom is causing people to carry an axe into the woods and cut a tree down and decorate it with silver and gold. If I told you they put a star on top of the tree and do it at the end of December would that help you identify the custom?????????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well you expect to solve a multiplication problem when you can't add.
I can't add and you can't divide.

You have conveniently........or most likely.....from lack of understanding left out the verses that tell us who the king of Babylon is.

Isa 14
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

The fir trees and the cedars of Lebanon rejoice since thou are laid down. NO FELLER HAS COME AGAINST US.
Nimrod never came up against anyone. Who did?

Then when we go to Jer 10 we see

Jer 10

So if you want to identify who the king of Babylon is, you probably need to understand why the fir trees are rejoicing that no one with an ax is coming against them.....as that is what is meant by no FELLER is come against us.
You're not making any sense. Nimrod never came up against anyone. The only said about Nimrod was that he was a mighty hunter.

So you probably need to identify what custom is causing people to carry an axe into the woods and cut a tree down and decorate it with silver and gold. If I told you they put a star on top of the tree and do it at the end of December would that help you identify the custom?????????????
Which has nothing to do with the context (division) of the verses I quoted.

The fact is, the verses are referring to Satan being bound at the fall of the King of Babylon past tense, which only happens present tense, in Revelation. The facts.

Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
Isa 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers
-------------------
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Which has nothing to do with Nimrod.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's misleading; all "nephilim" are "gibborim" but not all "gibborim" are "nephilim". The term is used about more than just the nephilim (whatever they actually are).
There is reason to believe that the epic of Gilgamesh is about Nimrod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nimrod never came up against anyone. Who did?

The answer to that question can be found by understanding Jeremiah 10.

You're not making any sense. Nimrod never came up against anyone. The only said about Nimrod was that he was a mighty hunter.

The scripture does not say Nimrod came up against anyone. The scripture says...... the fir trees rejoice..... saying since thou are laid down.......No FELLER has come against us.

Understanding Jeremiah 10 has everything to do with understanding Isa 14.

The fact is, the verses are referring to Satan being bound at the fall of the King of Babylon past tense, which only happens present tense, in Revelation. The facts.

Which has nothing to do with Nimrod.

The fact is these verses are a prophecy against the King of Babylon. They have not occurred yet. They will occur in the future.

THE BEAST THAT WAS, AND IS NOT, AND YET IS.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here is the problem. You are looking at a caterpillar and you cannot understand how it can possibly fly as you see no wings. I am trying to show you how it is possible.

The scripture identifies the King of Babylon by the verses you left out in Isaiah 14.

Understanding Jer 10 is the first step in understanding who the king of Babylon is.

Jer 10

So, again.....forget Nimrod. What custom occurs today where people go cut down a fir tree and decorate it with silver and gold? They stand the tree upright and fasten it so it does not move. HINT AGAIN. They put a star on top of the tree and they do it in December.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The answer to that question can be found by understanding Jeremiah 10.

The scripture does not say Nimrod came up against anyone. The scripture says...... the fir trees rejoice..... saying since thou are laid down.......No FELLER has come against us.

Understanding Jeremiah 10 has everything to do with understanding Isa 14.
Just because both chapters mention trees being cut down doesn't mean they're talking about the same thing. Jer 10's context is about vain customs and Israel's desolation because of them, mentioning them being carried away by Nebuchadnezzar, but the trees being cut down for idols have nothing to do with the trees being cut down in Isa 14. Isa 14's trees aren't cut down for idol purposes. Check the fact.

The fact is these verses are a prophecy against the King of Babylon. They have not occurred yet. They will occur in the future.

THE BEAST THAT WAS, AND IS NOT, AND YET IS.
How do you expect me to believe Isa 14 and Jer 10 haven't happened yet when they're partly about physical Israel's fall and restoration by and after Babylon's fall? Isa 14's reference to the King of Babylon and Satan as being the same person should be a clue as to where this takes place in scripture, the other half of the Isa 14's prophecy, because Jer 10 is all about Israel being carried away for idolatry, a past event. You're taking scriptures out of context.

Here is the problem. You are looking at a caterpillar and you cannot understand how it can possibly fly as you see no wings. I am trying to show you how it is possible.

The scripture identifies the King of Babylon by the verses you left out in Isaiah 14.
How can trees not being fell for idols in Isa 14 and trees fell for idols in Jer 10 tell who the king of Babylon is more than Isa 14's account of Satan being bound in the bottomless pit in a reference to the fall of the King of Babylon who is being punished for abusing the world? Isa 14 clearly proves Nebuchadnezzar is the Beast in Revelation, the 8th king, the head of gold, the 8th floor added to the tower of Babel.

Understanding Jer 10 is the first step in understanding who the king of Babylon is.

Jer 10

Which has nothing to do with the trees in Isa 14.

So, again.....forget Nimrod. What custom occurs today where people go cut down a fir tree and decorate it with silver and gold? They stand the tree upright and fasten it so it does not move. HINT AGAIN. They put a star on top of the tree and they do it in December.
That has nothing to do with Isa 14. That's the point.

I know what you're referring to, and yes it does represent "Jupiter," "Zeus," etc, but Nebuchadnezzar, the Beast, represents Mercury, Apollo.

Check greek and roman mythology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
no, Nebuchadnezzar was one of the kings of israel, moreover one of the righteous after all, the "beast" is the beneficial/gracious "god"(spirit) of the delusion

Blessings
If you believe Nebuchadnezzar was one of the kings of Israel you'll believe anything.

Upvote 0