United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Go to post #181 and #182 (Page 5) for Revised OP

Note the Image in Nebuchadnezzar's Dream

Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible.
Dan 2:32 This image's head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Dan 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. ---
---------------------------------------------------
Dan 2:36 This [is] the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, [art] a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
Dan 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou [art] this head of gold.
Nebuchadnezzar is the head of gold on the image.

========================================================

Dan 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
Dan 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:

Dan 4:15 Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and [let] his portion [be] with the beasts in the grass of the earth:
Dan 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Nebuchadnezzar was physically made a beast.

=======================================================================
Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
Eze 31:4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
Eze 31:5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
Eze 31:6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
Eze 31:7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.

Nebuchadnezzar's dream:
Dan 4:10 Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.
Dan 4:11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:
Dan 4:12 The leaves thereof were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.
Dan 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
Dan 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:
Isn't this the same tree where the beasts and fowls rest in Eze 31:3-7, the Assyrian?

=======================================================
Eze 31:10 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
Eze 31:11 I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.
Eze 31:15 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when he went down to the grave I caused a mourning: I covered the deep for him, and I restrained the floods thereof, and the great waters were stayed: and I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted for him.
Eze 31:16 I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.
Eze 31:17 They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.
Isn't this referring to Revelation as to why Satan and Nebuchadnezzar are spoken of as one person here?

=======================================================
Dan 3:1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height [was] threescore cubits, [and] the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
That is sixty by six cubits.

========================================================================

Encyclopedia Wikipedia:

Etemenanki (Sumerian: "temple of the foundation of heaven and earth") was the name of a ziggurat dedicated to Marduk in the city of Babylon. It was famously rebuilt by the 6th century BC Neo-Babylonian dynasty rulers Nabopolassar and Nebuchadnezzar II. According to modern scholars such as Stephen L. Harris, the biblical story of the Tower of Babel was likely influenced by Etemenanki during the Babylonian captivity of the Hebrews.

Nebuchadnezzar wrote that the original tower had been built in antiquity: "A former king built the Temple of the Seven Lights of the Earth, but he did not complete its head. Since a remote time, people had abandoned it, without order expressing their words. Since that time earthquakes and lightning had dispersed its sun-dried clay; the bricks of the casing had split, and the earth of the interior had been scattered in heaps."

Nebuchadnezzar rebuilt the tower of Babel during the Babylonian captivity, which could be the head - temple of the tower - image!

===============================================================================

Nebuchadnezzar's words:

A former king built the Temple of the Seven Lights of the Earth, but he did not complete its head. Since a remote time, people had abandoned it, without order expressing their words. Since that time earthquakes and lightning had dispersed its sun-dried clay; the bricks of the casing had split, and the earth of the interior had been scattered in heaps. Marduk, the great lord, excited my mind to repair this building. I did not change the site, nor did I take away the foundation stone ? as it had been in former times. So I founded it, I made it; as it had been in ancient days, I so exalted the summit.
Nebuchadnezzar added an 8th floor to the Tower of Babel. Note the Beast in Revelation is the 8th king with the 7 that reigns in a city built on 7 hills.

===============================================================================
Wikipedia

A Neo-Babylonian royal inscription of Nebuchadrezzar II on a stele from Babylon, claimed to have been found in the 1917 excavation by Robert Koldewey,[1] and of uncertain authenticity, reads: "Etemenanki[2] Zikkurat Babibli [Ziggurat of Babylon] I made it, the wonder of the people of the world, I raised its top to heaven, made doors for the gates, and I covered it with bitumen and bricks." The Etemananki is depicted in shallow relief, showing its high first stages with paired flights of steps, five further stepped stages and the temple that surmounted the structure. A floor plan is also shown, depicting the buttressed outer walls and the inner chambers surrounding the central cella.
========================

In 440 BC, Herodotus wrote:

Babylon's outer wall is the main defence of the city. There is, however, a second inner wall, of less thickness than the first, but very little inferior to it in strength. The center of each division of the town was occupied by a fortress. In the one stood the palace of the kings, surrounded by a wall of great strength and size: in the other was the sacred precinct of Jupiter [Zeus] Belus, a square enclosure two furlongs [402 m] each way, with gates of solid brass; which was also remaining in my time. In the middle of the precinct there was a tower of solid masonry, a furlong [201 m] in length and breadth, upon which was raised a second tower, and on that a third, and so on up to eight. The ascent to the top is on the outside, by a path which winds round all the towers. When one is about half-way up, one finds a resting-place and seats, where persons are wont to sit some time on their way to the summit. On the topmost tower there is a spacious temple, and inside the temple stands a couch of unusual size, richly adorned, with a golden table by its side. There is no statue of any kind set up in the place, nor is the chamber occupied of nights by any one but a single native woman, who, as the Chaldeans, the priests of this god, affirm, is chosen for himself by the deity out of all the women of the land.

===========================================================================
================================================================================

The icing on the cake:

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Mic 5:3 Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.
Mic 5:4 And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.
Mic 5:5 And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.
Mic 5:6 And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

Food for thought! :pray:

Last edited:

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, the beast is not Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 4:37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, the beast is not Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 4:37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.
What makes you speak for God? Yet he never freed Israel?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Response to the OP

No

Here is Satan's first beast of Revelation [Revelation 9:11; 11:7; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

This entity is not human, but a fallen angel like Satan who does the devil's bidding specifically in the Middle East .... 7 human kingdoms are assigned to Abaddon .... 5 have fallen, and 2 are future and still pending

This angelic king of the abyss did rule over the neo-Babylonian Empire .... his 3th kingdom assigned

His 6th kingdom will be in existance at the beginning of the coming tribulation .... the one that "is"

He is not now ruling because he is imprisoned in the abyss "is not"

He "was" ruling over his 5th kingdom just before the first century [the Seleucid Kingdom .... the northern division of Alexander's divided Asian holdings]

This beast will fully possess the human little horn of Daniel's visions, a Muslim Caliph who will rule over the Muslim Middle East [Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-25; 9:26-27 [the prince that shall come]; 11:13-45; 12:7]

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What makes you speak for God? Yet he never freed Israel?

That's an odd reaction, precepts. You ask a question "Could Nebuchadnezzar be the Beast in Revelation?" and I gave a response as to why not, copying and pasting a passage right out of the bible.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Response to the OP

No

Here is Satan's first beast of Revelation [Revelation 9:11; 11:7; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

This entity is not human, but a fallen angel like Satan who does the devil's bidding
So is Nebuchadnezzar.

specifically in the Middle East .... 7 human kingdoms are assigned to Abaddon .... 5 have fallen, and 2 are future and still pending
All versions of scripture specifically states they are kings that reign on the city built on the seven heads/mountains.

This angelic king of the abyss did rule over the neo-Babylonian Empire .... his 3th kingdom assigned
Where do you get these ideas from?

His 6th kingdom will be in existance at the beginning of the coming tribulation .... the one that "is"

He is not now ruling because he is imprisoned in the abyss "is not"

He "was" ruling over his 5th kingdom just before the first century [the Seleucid Kingdom .... the northern division of Alexander's divided Asian holdings]
Yet he can't be Nebuchadnezzar ruling over the 1st of only 5 kingdoms mentioned in Daniel?

This beast will fully possess the human little horn of Daniel's visions, a Muslim Caliph who will rule over the Muslim Middle East [Daniel 7:7-25; 8:9-25; 9:26-27 [the prince that shall come]; 11:13-45; 12:7]
Where does it say that in scripture? :pray:

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's an odd reaction, precepts. You ask a question "Could Nebuchadnezzar be the Beast in Revelation?" and I gave a response as to why not, copying and pasting a passage right out of the bible.
You gave a definite response without any definite proof, an odd response. I don't think Nebuchadnezzar is the Beast would of been a much better response since you don't have any proof. :pray:

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

precepts said in post 1:

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

The 7 heads of Revelation's "beast" in its empire aspect (Revelation 13:1, Revelation 17:3) represent 7 different empires (Revelation 17:9-10): Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and (possibly) Islam. The first 5 had fallen by the time of John the apostle in the 1st century AD: "five are fallen" (Revelation 17:10, Revelation 1:1b-2). The 6th (Rome) existed at the time of John: "one is" (Revelation 17:10). The 7th (possibly Islam) had not come by the time of John: "the other is not yet come" (Revelation 17:10). The empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) will be a different, still-future, 8th head (Revelation 17:11), which will be a revival of one of the 5 empires which had fallen by the time of John (Revelation 17:8,10,11). It will be a revival of the empire of Babylon. The Antichrist will transform the present-day, rebuilt city of Babylon (in Iraq) into the capital of his world empire, only to see his city of Babylon ultimately destroyed at Jesus' 2nd coming (Isaiah 13).

Before the 2nd coming, when the world is brought into the conscious and open worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist, during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9), the Antichrist will build their main temple in the city of Babylon. For a temple to "wickedness" will be built in Shinar (Babylonia) (Zechariah 5:8,11), and the Antichrist is called "that Wicked" (2 Thessalonians 2:8). Also, the dragon has been the god worshipped in the city of Babylon since ancient times.

The Antichrist may claim to be Nebuchadnezzar returned, and so reinstitute the system which Nebuchadnezzar set up whereby everyone had to worship an image or be killed (Daniel 3, Revelation 13:15). The Antichrist may also claim to be, at the same time, the return of Nimrod (the founder of Babylon: Genesis 10:8-10), and Hammurabi, and Asoka, and other famous rulers of the past. For he may claim that he has had many different "past lives" as various "enlightened" rulers.

Besides building a main temple in Babylon, the Antichrist will also sit (at least one time) in a future, 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem, and declare himself God there (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36,31, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). The Antichrist could also sit (at least one time) in other religions' holiest shrines, and declare himself to be God there as well. For example, he could also sit in Islam's Kaaba in Mecca, in the Sikhs' Golden Temple in Amritsar, in Catholicism's St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, etc.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Straightshot said in post 4:

This entity is not human, but a fallen angel like Satan who does the devil's bidding specifically in the Middle East ....

"Beasts" can refer figuratively to men (Titus 1:12). Revelation uses a Greek masculine-pronoun "him" to refer to its beast (Revelation 13:8) when it is referring to the individual "man" (Revelation 13:18) aspect of its beast, commonly called the Antichrist, the individual "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) who will sit (at least one time) in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36).

A 2nd aspect of Revelation's beast is that it is a powerful fallen angel (referred to with a Greek masculine-pronoun "he" in Revelation 17:11) who is now literally in the bottomless pit and will ascend from it during the future tribulation to spiritually empower the empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 17:8-11), empire being a 3rd aspect of the beast, represented by the animal symbols of Revelation 13:1-2. The fallen-angel aspect of the beast could be the angelic prince whom Satan had assigned to spiritually empower the ancient empire of Babylon, just as Satan had assigned other fallen angelic princes to spiritually empower the subsequent ancient empires of Persia and Greece (Daniel 10:13,20). When the ancient empire of Babylon was defeated, the fallen angelic prince empowering it could have been cast into the bottomless pit. This same fallen angel could be released to empower a revival of the empire of Babylon during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (of Revelation 13:5-18).

The release of the powerful fallen angelic prince of Babylon from the bottomless pit could occur at the same time as the unbinding of 4 other powerful fallen angels now bound at the Euphrates (Revelation 9:14b), who could have been bound there at the fall of the ancient empire of Babylon. When these 4 fallen angels are released at one point during the future tribulation, they will cause an army of 200 million strange horse-like beings to kill 1/3 of mankind (Revelation 9:15-19). This could be done in order to make mankind completely desperate before its takeover by Satan and the Antichrist mid-tribulation, when Satan and his fallen angels will be cast down from heaven to the earth permanently after losing a mid-tribulation war in heaven (Revelation 12:7 to 13:18).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

n2thelight

There are two beasts spoken of in the thirteenth chapter of the book of Revelation. The first beast [Rev 13:1-10] is the emerging one-world political/religious system that we see gaining strength and power at a breakneck speed in our present generation. This confederacy of all the world's Nations, Educational systems (Media), Monetary systems, and most importantly the Religions will be in effect under the rule of one Governing body.

This will make it possible for the antichrist to step in, take the reins, and assume control of most every soul on the planet. This antichrist is the second beast of Revelation chapter thirteen, and he is satan himself, who comes first before Jesus Christ's Second Advent, and he claims to be the True prophesied Messiah.

The second beast [Rev 13:11-18] is satan himself in his role as the antichrist. The word 'antichrist,' in the Greek language that the book of revelation was written in, does not mean what it means in our English language. It does not mean 'the prevention of' as in antifreeze. But rather it means 'instead of' as in an imposter.

The word antichrist in the Greek language is antichristos (an-tee'-khris-tos), and it is composed of two words, the second word Christos (khris-tos') you recognize as Christ. But the first word anti (an-tee') has a very revealing definition, it means 'instead of' or 'a substitution' for something. When this prefix is used of a person it means that he is an imposter to whomever the prefix anti is attached to. In this case (anti-Christ); he is an imposter to Christ:

Greek word #473: anti (an-tee'); a primary particle; opposite, i.e. instead or because of (rarely in addition to): In the King James Version Bible, all the other places where the translators encountered to prefix word 'anti' they translated it into the following English words and phrases:

Translation of the Greek word 'anti' in the KJV Bible is: "for, in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence, etc."

http://www.biblestudysite.com/beast.htm

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You gave a definite response without any definite proof, an odd response. I don't think Nebuchadnezzar is the Beast would of been a much better response since you don't have any proof. :pray:
In the verse I provided, Nebuchadnezzar had his sanity restored and praised and honored God, which is the opposite what the beast of Revelation does. So Nebuchadnezzar is not the beast.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the verse I provided, Nebuchadnezzar had his sanity restored and praised and honored God, which is the opposite what the beast of Revelation does. So Nebuchadnezzar is not the beast.

Nebuchadnezzar is a "beast" for 7 "times" then has his sanity restored and becomes good.

Future "Nebuchadnezzar" is a "beast" for 7 years and then becomes good at the end of the tribulation. Just as he relented after the fiery furnace and statue incident.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Beasts" can refer figuratively to men (Titus 1:12). Revelation uses a Greek masculine-pronoun "him" to refer to its beast (Revelation 13:8) when it is referring to the individual "man" (Revelation 13:18) aspect of its beast, commonly called the Antichrist, the individual "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) who will sit (at least one time) in a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36).

A 2nd aspect of Revelation's beast is that it is a powerful fallen angel (referred to with a Greek masculine-pronoun "he" in Revelation 17:11) who is now literally in the bottomless pit and will ascend from it during the future tribulation to spiritually empower the empire of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 17:8-11), empire being a 3rd aspect of the beast, represented by the animal symbols of Revelation 13:1-2. The fallen-angel aspect of the beast could be the angelic prince whom Satan had assigned to spiritually empower the ancient empire of Babylon, just as Satan had assigned other fallen angelic princes to spiritually empower the subsequent ancient empires of Persia and Greece (Daniel 10:13,20). When the ancient empire of Babylon was defeated, the fallen angelic prince empowering it could have been cast into the bottomless pit. This same fallen angel could be released to empower a revival of the empire of Babylon during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (of Revelation 13:5-18).

The release of the powerful fallen angelic prince of Babylon from the bottomless pit could occur at the same time as the unbinding of 4 other powerful fallen angels now bound at the Euphrates (Revelation 9:14b), who could have been bound there at the fall of the ancient empire of Babylon. When these 4 fallen angels are released at one point during the future tribulation, they will cause an army of 200 million strange horse-like beings to kill 1/3 of mankind (Revelation 9:15-19). This could be done in order to make mankind completely desperate before its takeover by Satan and the Antichrist mid-tribulation, when Satan and his fallen angels will be cast down from heaven to the earth permanently after losing a mid-tribulation war in heaven (Revelation 12:7 to 13:18).

Bible 2, good to see you back.

The prior post - very good. This one, not so good.

Abaddon/ Apollyon is the destroyer of Babylon.

Jer 51
1Thus says the Lord:
“Behold, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyeragainst Babylon,

[that's Abaddon/ Apollyon of Trumpet 5]

against the inhabitants of Leb-kamai,a
2and I will send to Babylon winnowers,
and they shall winnow her,
and they shall empty her land,

[the winnowers are the 'locusts' devouring babylon - that's why the servants that are sealed with God's mark are not bothered by what Abaddon/ Apollyon is doing. Here in Jeremiah, "the spirit of a destroyer" is a reference to the Medes that conquered Babylon. So, of course, the Hebrews would not be sad about that. Cyrus is destroying Babylon and it is this and his decree about the temple that makes them not sad over the destruction of Babylon.]

when they come against her from every side
on the day of trouble.
3Let not the archer bend his bow,
and let him not stand up in his armor.
Spare not her young men;
devote to destructionb all her army.
4They shall fall down slain in the land of the Chaldeans,
and wounded in her streets.
5For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken
by their God, the Lord of hosts,
but the land of the Chaldeansc is full of guilt
against the Holy One of Israel.
6“Flee from the midst of Babylon;
let every one save his life!
Be not cut off in her punishment,
for this is the time of the Lord’s vengeance,
the repayment he is rendering her.
7Babylon was a golden cup in the Lord’s hand,
making all the earth drunken;
the nations drank of her wine;
therefore the nations went mad.
8Suddenly Babylon has fallen and been broken;
wail for her!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As you read Daniel there are four beasts. They are Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome.

The beasts are these four empires and the king or emperor of each beast, can also be called the beast. The context will determine that.

In Revelation, I believe both beast are Rome. The first beast gets a head wound...and that head wound refers to Rome under Nero. Rome had it's problems and became very unstable.

Briefly, the empire almost fell apart. This is what Revelation 13 is referring to as the beast with the head wound...the "head" being the emperor of Rome.

In a little over one year there was political and civil war as Nero caused a huge fire, and led persecution of Christians as he blamed them for the fire. Nero committed suicide and Galba became emperor.

Galba, Otho, Vitellius, and Vespasian all became emperors over the period of 68-69 AD.

*Galba was murdered by conspiracy of Otho.

*Otho, committed suicide after 3 months as Rome struggled in a battle against Germany and the army lost confidence in Galba declared Vitellius as emperor.

*Vitellius was basically a tyrant and assassinated many people whom he felt threatened his rule. Rebellion rose against him and he was killed and thrown into the Tiber river (I think).

*Vespasian became emperor and the empire stabilized under him. Vespasian brought the empire back to power and also government of Rome.

This is why the beast of Revelation 13 recovers from the "head wound". The head wound was the result of the instability as to who would lead Rome after Nero.

Beast can be the empire or represented by the head of the empire.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nebuchadnezzar is a "beast" for 7 "times" then has his sanity restored and becomes good.

Future "Nebuchadnezzar" is a "beast" for 7 years and then becomes good at the end of the tribulation. Just as he relented after the fiery furnace and statue incident.
The beast of Revelation is going to be cast alive into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0