Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, you seriously are soaking in metaphysics. In your case, you're literally saying that everything (every-category of reality) can be accounted for scientifically.

Maybe you have me confused with another poster? I've never said this, nor is this my actual position. But if you're more comfortable strawmanning me, go for it. I can only assume your motives for doing this. Personally, I like to actually discuss what another believes, rather than what I think they should believe.

Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Maybe you have me confused with another poster? I've never said this, nor is this my actual position. But if you're more comfortable strawmanning me, go for it. I can only assume your motives for doing this. Personally, I like to actually discuss what another believes, rather than what I think they should believe.

Oh? Then what could. . .

I prefer physics to metaphysics.

. . .possibly mean otherwise?

Upvote 0

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is like God creating the rock too heavy for him to lift, etc...

Yes, and metaphysics is something of a hall pass for ontology.

* God could make Himself temporarily unable to lift a given rock.

* He could make a rock called "the universe" and we would all agree there's nowhere to 'lift' the universe 'upwards to.

* God could choose not to be aware of a certain thing...He could simply put it out of His mind. Who else, if not an omnipotent being, could afford to not worry about the consequences of human free will? Yes, God can fast-forward and summon His omniscience to know whatever He cares to know. But He can likewise take each day, week, year, thousand years, yoctoseconds, as they happen.

* God could make a 'thing' we cannot comprehend and call it a square circle.

* God can even have a Son. WOW!

Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Yes, and metaphysics is something of a hall pass for ontology.

* God could make Himself temporarily unable to lift a given rock.

* He could make a rock called "the universe" and we would all agree there's nowhere to 'lift' the universe 'upwards to.

* God could choose not to be aware of a certain thing...He could simply put it out of His mind. Who else, if not an omnipotent being, could afford to not worry about the consequences of human free will? Yes, God can fast-forward and summon His omniscience to know whatever He cares to know. But He can likewise take each day, week, year, thousand years, yoctoseconds, as they happen.

* God could make a 'thing' we cannot comprehend and call it a square circle.

* God can even have a Son. WOW!

Or, we can simply shoot the messenger of the Omnipotence Paradox for contradicting himself. Much easier that way. :cool:

Upvote 0

Lion IRC

Sep 10, 2012
✟19,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
9f3463bdcb3ab54299a4dbc955fca801.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Paulomycin
Upvote 0