Is masturbating without fantasizing a sin?

May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no place in the bible where sexual fantasy is declared to be sinful. Lust as used by Jesus regarding looking at a woman does not mean sexual thought or desire. Lust, when studied in the original language, is a coveteous and strong desire to posess something and it is sinful when it would violate the law of love to posess it.

Simple sexual thought or even fantasy is not sinful. Neither is masturbation. Therefor there is no sin in combining the two.
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Animal masturbation can be excused as they do not know and actively have the desire to reproduce but it is simply impossible for a human to touch without evil senses and it should be avoided. There are other, better ways of dealing with stress. Sleep is one of them. If anything, masturbation should be a last resort. Marriage is the better option.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Fornication covers all sexual sins
In order for something to be covered a s a sexual sin, it has to be defined as such somewhere. Nowhere is fantasy or masturbation listed as such. Intent to act on either, however, is defined as sinful.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Animal masturbation can be excused as they do not know and actively have the desire to reproduce but it is simply impossible for a human to touch without evil senses and it should be avoided.
Why is it impossible for a human to touch without evil? Because you said so, or is that somewhere in the Bible? I've never seen any verses saying that...

There are other, better ways of dealing with stress. Sleep is one of them. If anything, masturbation should be a last resort. Marriage is the better option.
Sleep. Are you serious? Sleep only helps if you're calm before bed and even then you won't always be able to sleep well. So yeah, let me just go grab the nearest girl and get married, shall I? Your expectations are unrealistic and not founded in Scripture.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Your out-of-context verse has nothing to do with what he said. Perhaps, instead of implying he's a sensual mocker who lives according to his own unGodly lusts, you can address what he said?

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is it impossible for a human to touch without evil? Because you said so, or is that somewhere in the Bible? I've never seen any verses saying that...

Sleep. Are you serious? Sleep only helps if you're calm before bed and even then you won't always be able to sleep well.
Just because it's not in the Bible does not make it untrue. Even without the Bible, we should be able to clear judgment.

I find solace in the temporary loss of consciousness. How well I sleep does not matter if it allows me to be free from the thoughts that plague every single second of my time. Besides, it's in the Bible. Psalm 82, 1 Kings 19, Jonah.

And let's not forget about resurrection. To be resurrected means one has to have died.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Just because it's not in the Bible does not make it untrue. Even without the Bible, we should be able to clear judgment.
You cannot make a moral judgment regarding what is or is not sin unless it is specifically stated as such or implied by some statement. There is no such statement or implication on this issue. Therefore, it cannot be considered a sin. It might be wrong for you individually, but it's not wrong for everyone.

I find solace in the temporary loss of consciousness. How well I sleep does not matter if it allows me to be free from the thoughts that plague every single second of my time. Besides, it's in the Bible. Psalm 82, 1 Kings 19, Jonah.
That doesn't refute my point.

And let's not forget about resurrection. To be resurrected means one has to have died.
In order for one to have died to this activity, it must be a sin. Since you cannot show that it is, we cannot have died to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums