Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Most of the "christian" themed manga I've seen was pretty horrible in quality. The Japanese culture isn't exactly Christian, so it shouldn't be surprising that their art isn't, either.

Then why not take a usable fragment from anime and turn them into a Christian manga?. Let's just put it either these ways:

-Put either a Roman Catholic priest or a Protestant pastor that acquired a holy artifact that allows him to physically transform into holy warrior full of Holy Cosmic Metal that allows him to fight-off the enemy. He preaches the Word of God in every 3 chapters in normal basis with no fights ever in them. But when the fight begins, the priest/pastor fights in the form of a holy henshin warrior against satanic demons including their bosses particularly Satan's messenger. Thus this will end the church of Satan. (mmm... This makes a tokusatsu feel in a Christian manga. Perfect! Japan loves tokusatsu aside from anime). If I were to name it "聖騎士 セイクレドソール" Which means "Sei Kishi Seikuredo Soul" or "Holy Knight Sacred soul"

-Make a group of Holy Angels of God Almighty descend to the earth in order to do one thing: Do His will, that is to do all of His given missions and accomplish them all. One of their objectives is to find a suitable human that they must contract with and that human must do the same. Once a contract is done, the human can use the virtues that angel possesses. If any danger happens like evil spirits materializing, these humans automatically say the henshin phrase "In God's holy name, Amen" and transforms into an holy angel knight. (mmm... Makes it a good pair with Sacredsoul. And another Christian Tokusatsu Manga to be made) I call it "化成天使たちのミション" which means "Kasei Tenshitachi no Mission" or "Mission of the Transformation Angels"

-Make a group of high level holy machines in blue known as "Christian Knight Assault Units" that goes with the Word of God in their interface and each one of them fights the evil " Red DaiSatan Empire/Red Great Satan Empire" forces from tempting countries to do the dark lord's will. (mmm... Makes it look like Gundam and Code Geass. Perfect! Japan is a mecha anime loving country and so Japan might enjoy this) I call this "天国戦士船隊" or "Tengoku Senshi Sentai" or "Heaven Warrior Fleet"

BTW, this is not going to rip-off of such materials but rather a way to bring
Christian mangas to a new level

I think it COULD be. But most of the anime/manga shows I've seen glorify sex quite a bit. Like was stated earlier anime/manga are just an art style.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue)"]I agree. Ecchi scenes like the ones in Rosario + Vampire, Kaze no Stigma (grr... I am watching ep 13 of that one), some from Gundam (particularly Gundam Seed) and mostly, most of the visual novels. Like I like the art of the characters but then comes the infamous "H-SCENES" wherein I say "I better go and become Kamen Rider IXA and give this an IXA-SLASH to ban them all". I honestly didn't saw it coming when a "H-scene" came back then when I was watching Tsukihime for I was looking for the Vampire VS Vampire or the Satsujinki VS Vampire scene.

In all seriousness, I want to see more than just Superbook and the Flying House. I want to see more Christian anime!!!
[/COLOR]

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, newbie who is just getting into drawing, and im curious, is manga Christian, at all???

As a genre it is no more or less Christian than any other. It depends on the content. Because manga is from Japan (one of the least Christian countries in the world) there is very little manga with genuenly Christian content.

Upvote 0
S

SoundCard

TRUE! TRUE! TRUE!

If it is just a religion, then it would be something empty but if we are talking about relationships with a Diety, then CHRISTIANITY is the religion. Seriously, someone has to make mangas about Christianity and that will help a lot of spiritually burdened folks.

I'd think a good candidate would just be a manga about David. It's got all the drama and action, personal conflicts, anyone could ever ask for.

Upvote 0

tromero

Oct 4, 2009
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
There isn't any such thing as a "christian" anything. YOU are a Christian, a book is just a book. Now, if your definition of something "christian" is that it talks about, sings about or othewise depicts God or Jesus or the Bible then your toaster isnt' "christian" either (unless you have one of those that toasts the face of Jesus into the bread...lol).

Please don't get hung up of the "christian" lable, believe me when I tell you people will exploit that and take advantage of you.

Well put... I have trouble explaining this sometimes and find it frustrating when people try to carve up the world into Christian and non Christian segments. An object cannot be Christian... I went through a period where I tried to define all inanimate objects as Christian or not trying to remove them from my life and quickly got into trouble when I considered everything we use in our daily lives. I couldn't drive a car, watch my tv, eat certain foods or exist in the world. As Christians we do not want to be of the world but we do live in it.

Upvote 0

tromero

Oct 4, 2009
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
As a genre it is no more or less Christian than any other. It depends on the content. Because manga is from Japan (one of the least Christian countries in the world) there is very little manga with genuenly Christian content.

Sorry for the double post... just though SAint Mark was right on the mark. While manga cannot be Christian the content can be Christian focused... I didn't make this important distinction in my prior post.

Also... I forgot to give a shout-out to my Anime, sorry. I spend every Friday lunch hour reading the newest Naruto Manga and actively follow the Anime.

Upvote 0