Is 'KJV Only" a denominational issue?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,315.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Isn't it wonderful that we all have opinions???? I guess you know that I have never been wrong before!!!!:amen:

My "opinion" is still that Christians who are serious about the Bible tend to gravitate toward a single version, which results in the tendency to identify versions that differ from their self-chosen norm as “bad.”

In reality, Christians have been blessed with a wide variety of fine versions. When used together and compared to one another, with an understanding of the basic issues in Bible translation, they can greatly enhance one’s Bible study experience.

Precisely. Add to that the vast array of online biblical resources and we are the most blessed Christians indeed!

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it wonderful that we all have opinions???? I guess you know that I have never been wrong before!!!!:amen:

My "opinion" is still that Christians who are serious about the Bible tend to gravitate toward a single version, which results in the tendency to identify versions that differ from their self-chosen norm as “bad.”

In reality, Christians have been blessed with a wide variety of fine versions. When used together and compared to one another, with an understanding of the basic issues in Bible translation, they can greatly enhance one’s Bible study experience.
Using "Bible Hub" with its good number of parallel versions for comparison is great to get a good overall view of what a verse or passage of Scripture is saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Student of Yah

Sep 24, 2019
colorado springs
✟3,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
since the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek were in existence, Jerome wrote the first Old and New Testament in a language known as Latin Vulgate. so essentially, Latin Vulgate in the Fourth Human Language associated to the Word of God. that was around the 5th Century, 1,100 years later, English, German, and French translated the Latin Vulgate into their own Languages.

so the KJV is basically a 5th Language translation...

read the Aramaic and only certain portions of the Greek if you want what Yeshua actually said :)

Upvote 0

Crosstian

Baring The Cross
Oct 5, 2019
Country
✟1,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As some of you know, I strongly oppose the idea that it is better to learn foreign languages for the sake of exact transliteration than simply buy a readable version of the Bible. Reason being, of course, if you can't understand the Bible now, you won't read it later. I want to know if "KJV only" churches belong to specifc denominations or random pastors at any kind of church prefer it. Can i just look at a church name and assume they only read the KJV?
Here this might help with your question:

Upvote 0