Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this adding anything ?

Yes, it points out the futility of Pate's and others' anti-Calvinist crusading. Ignatius21's ability to keep cool and attempt to understand the history and doctrine behind positions should be modeled by all.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If He saves the world by appointment, then the only just thing to do is for Him to save every person. That we know not every man is saved tells us that God is not just if He saves by appointment.

I am not asking about any appointment just a simple premise with a question ...... shouldn't be too difficult , but then again .........^_^

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it points out the futility of Pate's and others' anti-Calvinist crusading. Ignatius21's ability to keep cool and attempt to understand the history and doctrine behind positions should be modeled by all.

Hi Bro , long time no see , just need a few others to make an entrance :wave:

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, He did. Did the world fully accept this salvation? No.

so let me get this straight ;

Did Christ save the world ? you reply "yes he did" I say Amen !

Then you say the world has not fully accepted this salvation , ? No

so is the world now not saved or what ?

if possible speak with clarity

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed! I think myself and others have been a bit exhausted with it all, at late. :D

How are you doing brother ?

i know that feeling its as though one poster keeps logging in and out using multiple accounts hopeing no-one notices , it can weary the soul , I had a good bit of time away , not sure how long i will stick around , it can be like wading through mud here , havent seen HeyMikey post in ages ?

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are you doing brother ?

i know that feeling its as though one poster keeps logging in and out using multiple accounts hopeing no-one notices , it can weary the soul , I had a good bit of time away , not sure how long i will stick around , it can be like wading through mud here , havent seen HeyMikey post in ages ?

I am doing well. Very busy with school. Yes, I think the troll's antics made people rather bored and tired of it. There was not much discussion or even arguing involved in it.

I can attest that Ignatius21 knows what he is talking about and has done the legwork that is necessary. His demeanor is what the former Orthodox member rightglory should have had, and sculleywr would do well to emulate.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
yeh its petard Petard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and so back to the original premise which seems to leave many in difficulty , Did Christ come to save the world , if so what is the success rate ?

Christ saved the world, and He is still saving it now. It isn't meant to be a one time thing. It is a forever thing. We gain the salvation by growing into true union with Christ. This is referred to, in the Orthodox Church, as Theosis.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
so let me get this straight ;

Did Christ save the world ? you reply "yes he did" I say Amen !

Then you say the world has not fully accepted this salvation , ? No

so is the world now not saved or what ?

if possible speak with clarity

The Bible says to believe on Christ and you will be saved. That command establishes or part in salvation. And by believe, it does not mean a simple mental acceptance. It means an applied belief. Why? Because belief and faith are dead without our participation therein.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says to believe on Christ and you will be saved. That command establishes or part in salvation. And by believe, it does not mean a simple mental acceptance. It means an applied belief. Why? Because belief and faith are dead without our participation therein.

yeh I understand very well applied belief , my question is simple is the world currently in a saved state ?

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
yeh I understand very well applied belief , my question is simple is the world currently in a saved state ?

I would say the world is in a state of being saved. the world will be saved when Christ returns to bring the kingdom on earth at the Day of the Lord

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would say the world is in a state of being saved. the world will be saved when Christ returns to bring the kingdom on earth at the Day of the Lord

right , OK

Jesus saved the world , the world is being saved and the world shall be saved , I can dig that . sounds like 100% triumph to me , Christ cannot fail.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
right , OK

Jesus saved the world , the world is being saved and the world shall be saved , I can dig that . sounds like 100% triumph to me , Christ cannot fail.

Exactly. And it is up to us to get in line with Christ. It is essential to realize that our willing and heartfelt confession and faith, in Him, through baptism, chrismation, and Communion in His body and blood, are necessary to our true salvation in the end. He will not bring us into heaven unless we follow Him.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stated with scripture Christ mission was to save the world , you agreed !
I asked for Scripture to support this.
I also stated a few times that this mission was successful 100% and you agreed ! Now you say we are wrong ?
Jesus was successful in that He provided salvation to those who repent and believe in Him. That does not mean EVERYONE will be saved. Not even close.
Truth is you think you can agree with me but then you realise you can't , you slowly begin to realise my premise is taking you to a conclusion , a conclusion you seem unwilling to defend or take any further .
It is you who have ignored Jesus' statement in Mt 25.
Has Christ succeeded in His mission to save the world ? yes or no ?

I say YES
His "mission" was to offer salvation. He did that. Many reject His offer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
taking "world" at face value did Christ save the world , yes or no ?

if no say no , dont be afraid of being hung on your own pertard ...

Ummm.....Yes. The whole world including every man, woman and child who has ever lived have in fact been saved 'in Christ'. This took place 2000 years ago on the cross. This was wholly the work of Christ for mankind with no input whatsoever from said mankind. This work or 'atonement' brought justification to the whole world including every single person.

This is what world means at face value.

Upvote 0

Epoisses

Apr 26, 2012
East coast
✟671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and so back to the original premise which seems to leave many in difficulty , Did Christ come to save the world , if so what is the success rate ?

Yes he did come to save the whole wide world and his success rate for that was 100 percent. Every single person was saved, past tense. Now remember this happened at the cross so this is not the drama that plays out in the life of every human being today. That is something else entirely.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Pate

I am not crusading against anyone or anything.

What I am trying to do is show how the Gospel calls Calvinism into question.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not crusading against anyone or anything.

What I am trying to do is show how the Gospel calls Calvinism into question.

That's not your job, and that's not what this forum is for, to pursue your little vendetta.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Pate

That's not your job, and that's not what this forum is for, to pursue your little vendetta.

Before Jesus ascended into heaven he told the disciples to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. THAT IS MY JOB.

My Job is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Problem is that this Gospel calls religion into question.

Upvote 0