Is Japan Tsunami a punnishment from God.

Is Japan Tsunami a punishment from God

• Yes.

• No.

• Don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
According to Jesus' God's justice is applied AFTER death not beforehand and does not, in any case, work in the manner you describe.

Luke 13: Call to Repent
1 Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?
3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
4 "Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?
5 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
RobertZ said:
Once again, nothing in Gods creation "including natural disasters" happen unless God permits it to happen, God is sovereign and in complete control of everything that is going on in his creation.

That's your subjective opinion, I believe God designed all of Creation to continue on independently. The same as humanity. The fact that Creation is fragmented is a reflection of the fall, but its restoration is in process and has been since Christs resurrection. Natural disasters have occured throughout Earths history and will continue to do so until Earths restoration is finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it is a terrible tragedy and we should offer our prayers and encouragement to those who have suffered and those families of have been affected.:prayer:

Quite so. I think Americans get far too titillated at the idea of "divine judgment". I blame Hollywood's glamorization of death and violence and horrendous cataclysms with such poorly made movies as 2012.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Call me crazy, but I voted "Yes". The earthquake is a judgment from God--not on Japan, but on humanity. More judgments to follow.
You're not crazy, you understand that God is sovereign.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quite so. I think Americans get far too titillated at the idea of "divine judgment". I blame Hollywood's glamorization of death and violence and horrendous cataclysms with such poorly made movies as 2012.
That movie was horrible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There seems to be an increase in natural disasters over the last few years.

Is the Japanese tsunami a punishment from God?

(Sorry about the typing error in the thread title)
Read my post.

I think the more important question is, what should the Japanese do now? What should God's people who are in Japan do now (2 Chronicles 7:14)?

The problem is, there is no righteous intercessor for Japan like there was for Sodom and Gomorrah (Gen. 18), Israel (Dan. 9, 10), Ninevah (Jonah 3).

If there was a intercessor, the tsunami would have been averted. On the other hand, even if there was an intercessor, would anyone righteous even be found in Japan?

So my vote is yes, it was punishment from God. But it was also for repentance (Luke 13:1-5).

Also, the problem is that these things can happen suddenly yet people are too busy with other concerns. I didn't see the tsunami coming. I was too busy playing games and the like. Believers should focus on the people living in the nations that are devastated frequently by disasters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,383.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
No, it is a terrible tragedy and we should offer our prayers and encouragement to those who have suffered and those families of have been affected.:prayer:
I wonder if Noah and his sons prayed for all those that drowned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Missed Jesus' take on the question then did you?
I read it,does not apply to the question...
I personally didn't vote...But clearly God is the sovereign controller of all things in the universe, I consider it more of a warning than a punishment...But make no mistake He orchestrates all events.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder if Noah and his sons prayed for all those that drowned.

Perhaps, I do not know.

Let us not forget that the righteous suffer along side the wicked in any natural disaster.

It is not our role to judge and condemn but rather to love and serve our fellow man.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
RobertZ said:
notedstrangeperson said:
Sigh.
I spend too much of my time on CF bad-mouthing other christians ... but this kind of nonsense is what's driving people away from our religion.
Your right, everyone these days loves their false god who only knows love love love but the second someone mentions Gods justice no one wants anything to do with him.

My comment wasn't aimed at them. :|

At the risk of mimicking the holier-than-thou attitude which seems to be seeping through this thread, I hope nobody here who thinks the earthquake was a 'punishment from God' will have to reflect on the irony of their statement if they are ever the victims of a natural disaster.

Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like someone on here is from Japan, so a little sensitivity is in order. I don't know how I would feel if my hometown got completely levelled by a disaster and Christians elsewhere in the world were calling it ordained by God.

I do want to reiterate that I while I voted "yes", I do not consider it God's judgment on JAPAN.

Upvote 0