Is Japan Tsunami a punnishment from God.

Is Japan Tsunami a punishment from God

• Yes.

• No.

• Don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They simply teach us not to sin and, even if we do, there's always God's forgiveness.:pray:

Gods mercy and forgiveness is only available to those who turn to him in obedience with a repentant heart. Judgement and destruction is reserved for those whom think that they can trifle with God by using his longsuffering and mercy as an excuse to remain in sin.

"Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention; And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof; I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, When your dread comes like a storm And your calamity comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.
Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me, Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD."

Last edited:
Reactions: JesusFreak78
Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it is absolutely not God's wrath, just His creation behaving the way it has since creation was fragmented so long ago.

Once again, nothing in Gods creation "including natural disasters" happen unless God permits it to happen, God is sovereign and in complete control of everything that is going on in his creation.

Upvote 0

SullivanZ

Seeking His Face
Mar 6, 2011
✟16,142.00
Faith
Christian
No it's not.

As for Sodom, Abraham bargained God down to finding 10 good people in the city, and God said He would not destroy it if He could find 10 righteous people. He could not, so He allowed it to be destroyed.

20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake. 33And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place."

- Genesis 18:20ff

To say this is "God's punishment" is saying that every person there who died was a horrible sinner. I think that's sick.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Once again, nothing in Gods creation "including natural disasters" happen unless God permits it to happen, God is sovereign and in complete control of everything that is going on in his creation.

That's right. It's not God who actively "caused" nature to go berserk, but it did not go against His permissive will either.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To say this is "God's punishment" is saying that every person there who died was a horrible sinner. I think that's sick.

Do you think its sick that babies and children were destroyed under the Judgement of God during the Flood? We are all born into Adams sin nature and thus all are deserving of Gods wrath and it doesnt take a horrible sinner to deserve punishment, just the fact you were born into sin is enough.

Mercy cannot be mercy without wrath and wrath cannot be wrath without mercy and God will have mercy on whom he chooses to have mercy upon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
This thread is a joke right? :|

There is nothing funny about mass destruction and loss of life.
I believe that Iconicstudent is absolutely right. This thread is really in poor taste. We should all be praying for those who have missing loved ones and for those who know they have deceased loved ones.
I won't be posting further in this thread. (Was good meeting you RobertZ, maybe again in a better thread?)

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed, in another forum people are frantically asking for prayers because they don't know whether their friends or family are dead or alive, but people here feel entitled to settle down and callously and almost cheerfully discuss whether God did it to punish them, as if Westerners are any better than the Japanese.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There is nothing funny about mass destruction and loss of life.
I believe that Iconicstudent is absolutely right. This thread is really in poor taste. We should all be praying for those who have missing loved ones and for those who know they have deceased loved ones.
I won't be posting further in this thread. (Was good meeting you RobertZ, maybe again in a better thread?)

well..when you say his permissive will in the other post, then this, it sounds contradictory..:)

No offense, maybe I misunderstand. Then it was his permissive will, that the jews rejected the Messiah.:)

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your previous post, before editing, said their sin was simply "being born."

To that, I must ask: Are you for real?

I didnt say that their sin was being born, I said they are born into sin just like everyone else who has ever been born after Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0