Is it wrong to lie and say you are sick to avoid going to a wedding?

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Very worng unless you live in a totally different world than the rest of us.

I cannot remember being invited to a wedding less than 2 months ahead of time. Wedding and reception are planned based on the number who will be attending and saying you will be and then falsely bailing at the last minute means wasted food and space.

In general not having the cajones to be honest sucks.

Upvote 0

Sailor_A

Jun 7, 2011
Earth
✟8,352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I do this to avoid hurting people's feelings. If I concentrate sometimes I even really feel sick so maybe its not a lie after all.

You're a Christian, what do you think God wants you to do?

lol Remembering my own wedding I invited certain people as I did not wish to offend them but I remember hoping they would cancel or just not show. I think that is more wrong. Also I didn't want a big wedding but there were just so many people I had to invite *sigh*.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Very worng unless you live in a totally different world than the rest of us.

I cannot remember being invited to a wedding less than 2 months ahead of time. Wedding and reception are planned based on the number who will be attending and saying you will be and then falsely bailing at the last minute means wasted food and space.

In general not having the cajones to be honest sucks.

What if Halo 4 is being released the same day as the wedding? We all have our priorities.

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can tell them you do not want to go because you don't want to compromise it.
They do say 'if anyone has anything to say why these two should not be wed" is said for a reason.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You can tell them you do not want to go because you don't want to compromise it.
They do say 'if anyone has anything to say why these two should not be wed" is said for a reason.

I don't want to make it look like me and the bride have a history. I've got enough problems without adding to them.

Upvote 0