Is it wrong for christians to go to the bar?

greatnews

Jan 7, 2012
✟2,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just am wondering who all thinks it is wrong to go to a bar for any reason? I once saw a news article a long time ago about a christian who was a bartender who shared the gospel with people who came into the bar. I think maybe as long as they don't drink, serve drinks, or buy drinks then it is okay, but some go there to share the gospel, and we all have heard those preist walked into a bar jokes before. So really is it too sinful of a place to go into?

JohnyPoppacapolis

Jan 16, 2008
Somewhere in the U.S.
✟16,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I was in England I went into pubs for a drink and I don't think that was wrong. However, American bars are a lot different than Englands. I think a lot of it depends on your attitude about it and why you're going there. If you're going there to drown your sorrows then it's wrong. And the scripture talks about the weaker brother and how you shouldn't cause them to stumble, so that plays a part too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
HECK NO!

Jesus himself enjoyed some fine wine. If you are of age, go to the bar and have fun, but don't forget to be responsible. It is wrong to drink too much, drive with an BAC over the legal limit, and I'd argue that we have a moral duty to look out for friends and family that try to do either of the above.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
One day, I'll open a bar. It'll be called the Guzzly Bar. Get it? It sounds a lot like the grizzly bear, but it's not.
That's actually an awesome idea, cause you guzzle liquid, and it does sound like grizzly bear.

*steals idea and makes millions*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

HorsieJuice

When I was in England I went into pubs for a drink and I don't think that was wrong. However, American bars are a lot different than Englands.

Oh? How so?

I've worked in bars off and on for the better part of the last decade, and when I'm not working in them, I patronize them, and it's been my experience that there's enough variety in the type of establishment covered under the word "bar," that you can't really make any kind of generalizations about them other than the fact that they serve alcohol. You may as well try to generalize restaurants, despite the fact that you'd be covering everything from a taco truck to the French Laundry.

Upvote 0