Is it wrong for christians to go to the bar?

Calcemo

Aug 1, 2013
✟1,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great witnessing opportunities at the bar!

Perhaps but in my experience, religious proselytizing isn't often welcome in a place where people want to drink, dance and listen to secular music. Many are out for a good time, to be around other people and some to pick up.

Upvote 0

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We normally go to a pub to discuss theology and scriptural topics. One of the guys drink non-alcoholic beverages. I usually take one or two pints or one or two glasses of Baileys (I love Baileys!). In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. The only drawback is that you bump into some weird people over there, like anti-Christian semi-drunk guys. Usually, we have no problem with them, but they have been troublesome in some occasions.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
geckoMODHAT1_zps210ac6b3.jpg

This thread has been closed for staff review.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,758,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread had quite a clean up. As a reminder, the site rules include:

Vulgarity and Profanity
Do not post graphic or sexually explicit images or text. Do not use profanity or foul language (this includes using punctuations to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.)

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.

Please stay on topic and keep it clean up and not insulting.

Upvote 0

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just am wondering who all thinks it is wrong to go to a bar for any reason? I once saw a news article a long time ago about a christian who was a bartender who shared the gospel with people who came into the bar. I think maybe as long as they don't drink, serve drinks, or buy drinks then it is okay, but some go there to share the gospel, and we all have heard those preist walked into a bar jokes before. So really is it too sinful of a place to go into?

My friends and I were at bars last weekend, ordering only 1 or 2 drinks but pertending to do our own version of "the hangover".
IMHO if its within moderation, then just like anything else it is not a big deal.
The bible says Jesus drank.
It says a little wine is good for the body.
It also says don't drink to get drunk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
FYI Most "good" bartenders will cut you off if they think you have had too much. being drunk in the bar is I think legally the same as public intoxication. Having a drink isn't the same as getting drunk. Sure some do but most go to socialize, I think a better question would it be wrong to go to a bar to socialize?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟902,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
nope as long as you practice moderation. Now if you have had a drinking problem in the past or you feel it is a sin for you it is a sin but just in general as a Christian no

Upvote 0