Is it wrong for a Christian couple to cuddle close to each other ?

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I once heard it said, why start the car if you aren't going to take it out of the driveway.

There is nothing wrong in showing affection. However, you will have to decide what boundaries to set up based on your desire to remain caste until marriage. Chastity until marriage allows two people to spend their first year of married life exploring and discovering with humor and kindness a depth of intimacy that can be a foundation for a lifetime.

• Winner
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It can be opening the door for fornication. It depends on you and who you are with.

Physical cuddling is not intimate like learning how to relate with each other and trust each other. So, I would not be in a hurry to get physical with someone. There is deeper intimacy, in the Lord Jesus.

There are couples who stay platonic while they develop their spiritual relationship.

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Would you recommend it ?

"If it causes you to sin, don't do it" is the only recommendation I would make in this regard.

Edit: If I was aware of some specifics in a particular case, then I might say something different. But as a general rule, Matthew 5:30 is enough. Of course I don't mean go and mutilate yourself - just stay away from sin, and things that cause you to sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0