✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
statrei said:
Do you have trouble with THE Master and THE Savior?

Honor got your number, and you don't like it.

Why DO you have an Adventist symbol by your name, yet come in here acting like you are not one, and asking about what our faith teaches? That's a fair question.

And for your information, I have never, not in ALL of my 51 years heard my God referred to as "the God". She has nothing to ask God to forgive her for. She asked you to clarify yourself, and told you what she thought. She asked YOUR forgiveness if she were wrong which was APPROPRIATE.

This is not the forum for what you are attempting to do here which is get us all riled up until we go over a line and get in trouble with the site owners/administrators.

It's not going to work.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
guitarplayer_101 said:
This is just a question. This is not meant to be an antagonistic question. I'm just curious. Do you believe then that Catholics are damned because of all this?

B.J.:wave:

No, B.J., I don't believe that the catholic faithful are "damned" because of "all of this".

I have friends and loved ones who are catholic, and they are very devout in their beliefs as well as their love of God.

God promised to call his people out of "her", out of the "belly", and He has been doing just that. Those who hear and are His, will obey. Those who don't hear, weren't His to begin with.

In clarification...just because someone is Catholic, doesn't mean they are damned.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
honorthesabbath said:
Well--first of all the word "god" is a title not a name! Secondly--you didn't mention THE Master or THE Savior--those terms came in your rebuttal--I'm not a mind reader. Thirdly--you never did tell me what I did to ask repentance for.!! AND you never told me if in fact your a Catholic or not. You seem to be evading that answer. :liturgy:

You want to know what my gut instincts are telling me? I think we have one of those "disgruntled X-SDA's" here, honor. Why else would someone who has an Adventist symbol, which is there to indicate that they ARE Adventist, come to the Adventist thread and ask questions they should already know the answer to.

To cause dissension and to antagonize...

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
Ask God to forgive me for what?? You didn't answer my comments either. Perhaps you should explain yourself so your position could be better understood. Because right now--all I can see is that you claim to be something that you are not. Can you please clear up this dilemma?? Your response is too vague. Thank you.
For no sound reason you decide to cast a list of aspersions against me and you still need to know why you need to ask for forgiveness? Why is it that so many are attached to this cookie cutter religion perspective? Why must everyone toe "the party line?"

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
SassySDA said:
You want to know what my gut instincts are telling me? I think we have one of those "disgruntled X-SDA's" here, honor. Why else would someone who has an Adventist symbol, which is there to indicate that they ARE Adventist, come to the Adventist thread and ask questions they should already know the answer to.

To cause dissension and to antagonize...
Would it not be much better to discuss and exchange ideas instead of trying so desperately to place individuals in boxes of your own making?

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
SassySDA said:
Honor got your number, and you don't like it.

Why DO you have an Adventist symbol by your name, yet come in here acting like you are not one, and asking about what our faith teaches? That's a fair question.
I think you have this all confused. I have asked no question about what this church teaches, so you must be confusing me with someone else. This part of the thread began when I questioned one poster's claim that she took no direction from the RCC. I then went on to indicate why that is. From that honor came out swinging and then tacks on an apology as if that meant anything. If she meant that apology she would have refrained from making the post in the tone she did. Why should you get riled up by simple questions? All you have to do is provide the answers.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
I think you have this all confused. I have asked no question about what this church teaches, so you must be confusing me with someone else. This part of the thread began when I questioned one poster's claim that she took no direction from the RCC. I then went on to indicate why that is. From that honor came out swinging and then tacks on an apology as if that meant anything. If she meant that apology she would have refrained from making the post in the tone she did. Why should you get riled up by simple questions? All you have to do is provide the answers.

statrei--My questions to you were legitmate--and you have answered none of them. So I'm finished trying to communicate with you. I did NOT come out swinging-I was amazed at many of your posts--and simply wanted some clarifications about them--but you either will not or cannot answer them in a concise and honest manner. And I certainly do not want to cause a raucus. So I'm ending this right now.
Blessings, Honor

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay. Everyone, hold up! People arn't supposed to talk back to us here, they're supposed to ask, then leave it at that ;) should we try and see if we can have a debate? I know the topic may seem a bit offensive, but still, people have calm heads. I do debating at school, and though the topics may be offensive to some, tough luck, you have to do them anyway. And, we believe this anyway, why arn't we allowed to say so?

So, should we start a proper debate on what power the bible is reffering to when it reffers to the dragon?

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Statrei (a.k.a. Kubuli)......I knew the name sure looked familiar! I've talked to you several times in Yahoo and I'm curious as well why you are claiming the Adventist faith as your own, when you've told me on many occasions that you do not agree with the Adventist doctrine???

You've also told me that you like debate, so I'd like to remind you that this is not a debate forum. You used to come into the SDA room a lot on Yahoo to cause dissention and disharmony and you could get away with it there. Here there are moderators and it won't happen.

Please stop this and let us enjoy our own little piece of the site! I'm asking you this with sincerity and I pray that you just step away and leave us alone.

Thank you in advance,
~Lainie

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

statrei said:
There is the problem. We also believe that He raised Himself from the grave. Please ask me what I believe, not what Adventists believe.

Does this post look familiar Statrei? It's in another thread. It saddens me deeply that you're all over this site insulting people and claiming the name of Adventist....only then to shrug off the name when it suits you--which is insulting in itself.

I don't consider myself a tattle-tale, but I'm going to start reporting your posts if you are not able to quit pretending to be someone that you're not!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
statrei--My questions to you were legitmate--and you have answered none of them. So I'm finished trying to communicate with you. I did NOT come out swinging-I was amazed at many of your posts--and simply wanted some clarifications about them--but you either will not or cannot answer them in a concise and honest manner. And I certainly do not want to cause a raucus. So I'm ending this right now.
Blessings, Honor
Honor, let's be honest. If you did not think you had come out swinging you would not end with an apology. I chose not to answer the questions you asked because there were a cover for something else. I can assure you that you will not find one Adventist who believes everything this church adheres to. You won'd even be able to identify one individual you can present to the world as what a true Adventist is. We are individuals who fellowship together. That is what we are. I can assure you there are thousands of Adventists who do not share the church's view on divorce. But, that is life.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
TrustAndObey said:
Does this post look familiar Statrei? It's in another thread. It saddens me deeply that you're all over this site insulting people and claiming the name of Adventist....only then to shrug off the name when it suits you--which is insulting in itself.

I don't consider myself a tattle-tale, but I'm going to start reporting your posts if you are not able to quit pretending to be someone that you're not!
What are you going to tell them? That I have the wrong membership card? Just think of what your mindset is. It should scare you.

I see you have decided to join the wagon of those who think the best way to silence me is to accuse me of the most despicable acts. Hope you enjoy the ride. If you insist on taking simple statements out of context, as you did with my comment about Adventist beliefs above, and then using them fraudulently I have a right to point out that there is a flaw in your comprehension skills. I proudly associate with the Adventist church as I have all my life. But when I am in a discussion I am defending what I believe, not what Adventists believe. I will never claim to speak for the Adventist church. There are other people far more qualified than I to do so.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
What are you going to tell them? That I have the wrong membership card?
I proudly associate with the Adventist church as I have all my life. But when I am in a discussion I am defending what I believe, not what Adventists believe. I will never claim to speak for the Adventist church. There are other people far more qualified than I to do so.
Ah.... I thought I recognized the name too.
statrei, you are very wrong in one huge point you make; when you are here and posting you most certainly ARE representing the Adventist church. Very few people on a forum of this kind care about you believe; when they see what denomination you are they want to know what your denomination believes and when they pose questions you DO act as a representative for the church when you answer, that is exactly how it is perceived. If you want people to know what YOU personally believe, if that is your purpose for being in a forum, then you should simply choose the "Christian" icon. When you choose a denominational icon they you are a representative.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
Ah.... I thought I recognized the name too.
statrei, you are very wrong in one huge point you make; when you are here and posting you most certainly ARE representing the Adventist church. Very few people on a forum of this kind care about you believe; when they see what denomination you are they want to know what your denomination believes and when they pose questions you DO act as a representative for the church when you answer, that is exactly how it is perceived. If you want people to know what YOU personally believe, if that is your purpose for being in a forum, then you should simply choose the "Christian" icon. When you choose a denominational icon they you are a representative.
I am sure you noticed that when my views differ from orthodox Adventist views people realize that. Interestingly, the very concept of orthodox Adventist views should scare you for it is orthodoxy that leads to persecutions.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
I am sure you noticed that when my views differ from orthodox Adventist views people realize that. Interestingly, the very concept of orthodox Adventist views should scare you for it is orthodoxy that leads to persecutions.
Of course, when your views contrast so much from what the common Adventist knows perfectly well - yeah, that kind of exposes you. It's not a question of orthodoxy, it's a question of your honesty and character - which has been exposed as well.
And now that you've been exposed you are going to try and play the "persecution" card? Please, spare me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's been obvious from the beginning, and I should have seen it sooner. I have gone back from the beginning of this thread, and he's right, he DIDN'T ask the question about whether we believe the papacy is the anti-christ or not, but every comment in every post from the first one has been "catholic" oriented. Until Honor pointed out the SDA indicator by the name, I thought I WAS dealing with a catholic.

Whether Kubuli likes it or not, it's deception that he's trying to prevail with here, and it's not working any longer.

You have taken our little "piece" of this site and tried to turn it into a Yahoo chatroom, and I'm ashamed to say I fell for some of it.

You need to go back to Yahoo where you can be as dispicable as you'd like to be and no one will care.

It's funny you mention you don't agree with the "churches stand on divorce". I'd bet just about everything I own right now, that you aren't a true SDA...maybe became one by marriage, and your wife left you for ANOTHER SDA. This wouldn't be "Ari" (the others will know who I speak of if you don't), would it? Or an "Ari act-alike"?

Either way, this is the last communication I will be having with you, even if the moderator DOESN'T see what you are doing and remove your ability to post here....I hope everyone else will follow suit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.