May 13, 2005
the Wild Wild West!
✟39,823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
PaleHorse said:
I don't think so. After reading through the thread I must say that I'm just as lost as TrustAndObey as to what you mean when you say you "can prove that false in a heartbeat". Please, state your case.
Being new to the SDA beliefs, I am lost as well

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
statrei said:
I don't doubt the role of the dragon. I question your conclusion that it is the Catholic Church. What I find interesting is that those who point fingers at the Catholic Church fail to realize that they very foundation of their theology comes from the Catholic Church. It was the Catholic church that emphasized that Revelation comes from God to the Church and must be accepted by the people without question. Protestants simply replaced the Pope with the church organization. The teachings may be different but the foundation is the same.

Of course, not everything that is taught or "followed" by the catholic church or it's people is biblically wrong. If it were, NO ONE would follow her.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
Tumbleweed64 said:
Being new to the SDA beliefs, I am lost as well
We tend to focus on the actual teachings and practices of the church and ignore the processes the Church follows. If we follow the same process and those processes are contrary to what the Bible requires we cannot make the claim that we don't follow her just because we don't share her "false" doctrines.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
statrei said:
Again, I did not say she was following the beast power. I responded to this comment she made: I can prove that to be false in a heartbeat. That is all I have said.

Then feel free to prove it. I have given your comment much thought, and I still see nothing I do as far as my worship of my Lord that comes from that "position" (only, which is what I took you to mean).

I take communion, that's one thing that could be considered "from that position", and it's the only thing I could think of that would come even close...but it really isn't in the same ballpark. For I do what I do in "Rememberance of Him", I don't believe I am LITERALLY ingesting His body or His blood.

As I just stated in another post..."of course, not everything the catholic church or it's followers do is biblically wrong. If it were NO ONE would follow her."

I should have clarified myself better when I said that I follow nothing from that position. If it's biblically sound and correct, I follow it....if it's not, I do NOT. If I can't back something up with scripture, NO ONE will get me to follow it.

I hope that makes what I meant more clear. So anything you can tell me that I "follow from that position", that ISN'T scripturally sound, I'd be most happy to hear it.

In the last year, I have taken every belief I have ever had, throughout my entire Baptist upbringing, everything I was taught to do in the following of Christianity, and I put it under a microscope biblically. What I found to be wrong, or fallacy I discarded, what I found to be biblically correct...true to God, I kept. What I'm trying to say, and maybe I'm doing it badly, is that I am following the Bible and God's word...not ANY denomination or doctrine of man. I attend the Seventh Day Adventist church and am a member of that church for I believe it to be SCRIPTURALLY SOUND. I have been unable to find anything we do in this church not to be. If I ever do, I will act on it.

I care not for the traditions of men, I do my best to listen to and follow my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope this has helped to make my comment more clear. I realize now that I should have expounded more.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
SassySDA said:
Then feel free to prove it. I have given your comment much thought, and I still see nothing I do as far as my worship of my Lord that comes from that "position" (only, which is what I took you to mean).
Do you realize that all Protestant churches follow the concept of Revelation Theology which goes back to our friend St. Thomas Aquinas, the premier theologian of the RCC?

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
In the last year, I have taken every belief I have ever had, throughout my entire Baptist upbringing, everything I was taught to do in the following of Christianity, and I put it under a microscope biblically. What I found to be wrong, or fallacy I discarded, what I found to be biblically correct...true to God, I kept. What I'm trying to say, and maybe I'm doing it badly, is that I am following the Bible and God's word...not ANY denomination or doctrine of man. I attend the Seventh Day Adventist church and am a member of that church for I believe it to be SCRIPTURALLY SOUND. I have been unable to find anything we do in this church not to be. If I ever do, I will act on it.

I care not for the traditions of men, I do my best to listen to and follow my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope this has helped to make my comment more clear. I realize now that I should have expounded more. (SassySDA)

This is where we should be, follow the Bible and not the traditions of men.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
Do you realize that all Protestant churches follow the concept of Revelation Theology which goes back to our friend St. Thomas Aquinas, the premier theologian of the RCC?
I don't see where that is a big deal when you consider that we all agree that the God reveals Himself through His Word, the Bible and Christ. Besides, Revelation Theology is a concept, just as you stated, it is not a doctrine or practice which is what I thought you were getting at.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
I don't see where that is a big deal when you consider that we all agree that the God reveals Himself through His Word, the Bible and Christ. Besides, Revelation Theology is a concept, just as you stated, it is not a doctrine or practice which is what I thought you were getting at.
Sometimes the foundation is much more important than the building that sits on it.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:

Statrei--I see that you have by your character an Adventist symbol--but for all that you have posted--I seriously doubt that you are Adventist at all. I believe that you are strictly Catholic---and it seems that your here to be an antagonist. I BOLDED the word OUR in your above text to emphatize my conclusion of your true faith. Why are you being so dishonest? Your dishonesty benefits neither the SDA's or your Catholicism.

If I am wrong--please forgive and correct me. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
Statrei--I see that you have by your character an Adventist symbol--but for all that you have posted--I seriously doubt that you are Adventist at all. I believe that you are strictly Catholic---and it seems that your here to be an antagonist. I BOLDED the word OUR in your above text to emphatize my conclusion of your true faith. Why are you being so dishonest? Your dishonesty benefits neither the SDA's or your Catholicism.

If I am wrong--please forgive and correct me. Thank you.
Sad. Ask the God to forgive you.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
Sad. Ask the God to forgive you.

Ask God to forgive me for what?? You didn't answer my comments either. Perhaps you should explain yourself so your position could be better understood. Because right now--all I can see is that you claim to be something that you are not. Can you please clear up this dilemma?? Your response is too vague. Thank you.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally, I'm not sure what she is getting at. Or he for that matter.

I reiterate again...if it is biblically sound, if there is scripture...and I DO mean more than a few, to back what I do up, I am happy. If not, I'm not doing it, even if the General Conference itself came down on my head and said I was GOING TO.

I don't know how much more clear I can make things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
Ask God to forgive me for what?? You didn't answer my comments either. Perhaps you should explain yourself so your position could be better understood. Because right now--all I can see is that you claim to be something that you are not. Can you please clear up this dilemma?? Your response is too vague. Thank you.
What do you mean that I claim to be something I am not? That is a rather strong accusation. Please clarify.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
guitarplayer_101 said:
This is just a question. This is not meant to be an antagonistic question. I'm just curious. Do you believe then that Catholics are damned because of all this?

B.J.:wave:

BJ--to whom are you addressing our question and what is "all of this" mean??

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
Do you have trouble with THE Master and THE Savior?

Well--first of all the word "god" is a title not a name! Secondly--you didn't mention THE Master or THE Savior--those terms came in your rebuttal--I'm not a mind reader. Thirdly--you never did tell me what I did to ask repentance for.!! AND you never told me if in fact your a Catholic or not. You seem to be evading that answer. :liturgy:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.