✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
statrei said:
Who told you that this is the position Satan uses? You had best be careful of the number of beliefs you follow that come from that same position.

I don't follow anything that comes from that position. NADA, ZILCH.

I sometimes wonder though...just what do the catholic faithful think the round glow behind Mary's head, and in other pictures of other people as well, is? A perfect round glow....

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

There are LOTS of antichrists and have been here a very long time!

The beast power is already among us and the false prophet could be anybody, but he will be controlled by the beast power.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
MOD HAT

When discussing end times etc. we ask that you treat other faiths with respect.
it is not necessary to change your beliefs, but it is necessary to be respectful.

The following is from my home forum and I share it here and will add it to the posting rules above as a guideline

4) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed (for SDA members only). Accusations are not.

Examples of what is not allowed, and what is allowed:

Not allowed: "The Pope is the Anti-Christ"
Allowed: "The Pope has too much power" or "The Bible did not establish the papacy" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Catholic church is a cult"
Allowed: "The Catholic church has errors in some doctrines" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Roman Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon"
Allowed: "The Catholic church may have a particular role to play in the endtimes" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "All Catholics go to hell"
Allowed: "Some Catholics may not be saved because they have wrong beliefs" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics worship idols" - this is because they don't worship these idols (at least they are not meant to)
Allowed: "Catholics have images in their church and the Bible does not support this" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics pray to demons when they pray to saints"
Allowed: "Praying to saints is not in the Bible" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "There is no such thing as purgatory" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "Catholics are preoccupied with visions of Mary" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Speaking in tongues is demonic"
Allowed: "Speaking in tongues is being abused in some churches" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Charismatic Christians are not saved"
Allowed: "The charismatic movement have gone too far in some cases" - as long as scripture a nd evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Word of Faith preachers are false prophets"
Allowed: "The Word of Faith movement have gone too far in certain instances" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Basically, try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgemental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post

These rules are in addition to the rules of CF that govern the board as a whole. All rules will be strictly enforced.

I hope this helps .

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Windmill,

I'm very impressed with your knowledge and your maturity for your age. God is truly blessing all of us with our young people during these trying times, which are only going to become even MORE trying.

May He continue to bless you with His word and knowledge so that you may continue to witness to others.

God Bless

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

stratrei said:
It would not take me long to demonstrate that you are mistaken in that statement of certainty.

Stratrei, friend or foe? We've been asked to drop this subject and I for one do not want our own little piece of the forum to get taken away from us. If you do not agree with traditional views of the church, then possibly you could start a thread in the debate area? Just a thought.

I like coming here to fellowship with fellow believers, not to debate among ourselves.

Thanks,
~Lainie

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
TrustAndObey said:
Stratrei, friend or foe? We've been asked to drop this subject and I for one do not want our own little piece of the forum to get taken away from us. If you do not agree with traditional views of the church, then possibly you could start a thread in the debate area? Just a thought.

I like coming here to fellowship with fellow believers, not to debate among ourselves.

Thanks,
~Lainie
I am not debating. I simply pointed out the dangers of being overconfident without having checked out all the evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
TrustAndObey said:
I can't speak for everyone, but *I* have checked out all the evidence and I am quite secure in my faith and what the church teaches about the beast power.
This is what I don't like. We begiin discussing one thing but you are really discussing something else. The post you responded to was my response to her claim that she follows absolutely nothing from that source. It said nothing about the properties of the beast power.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

stratrei said:
This is what I don't like. We begiin discussing one thing but you are really discussing something else. The post you responded to was my response to her claim that she follows absolutely nothing from that source. It said nothing about the properties of the beast power.

My apologies that I misunderstood, since obviously I did.

If you feel Sassy is following the beast power, when she says she is not, then I suggest taking it to a PM with her personally. Or, even better, without bashing on a certain denomination, you most certainly could start a thread about what you think some of us are doing that is "wondering after the beast"? I'd be interested to see it.

I apologize again for the misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
TrustAndObey said:
My apologies that I misunderstood, since obviously I did.

If you feel Sassy is following the beast power, when she says she is not, then I suggest taking it to a PM with her personally. Or, even better, without bashing on a certain denomination, you most certainly could start a thread about what you think some of us are doing that is "wondering after the beast"? I'd be interested to see it.

I apologize again for the misunderstanding.
Again, I did not say she was following the beast power. I responded to this comment she made:
I don't follow anything that comes from that position. NADA, ZILCH.
I can prove that to be false in a heartbeat. That is all I have said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
thanks Sassy :D though I still have quite a ways to go :)

Hm. Is it just me, or is rewording what we say just tedious and not needed? I mean, saying that the Papacy will play a major role and then supporting it with verses which say themselves what we believe is just, well, beating around the bush almost :p espically since we were asked, but I respect the mods decision.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Windmill said:
.....espically since we were asked, but I respect the mods decision.

We have to be very careful not to get "baited" anymore. We all know there are going to be people that try to start fights with us under the guise of "Hey, is it true that your church..........". I'm sure there are a few people that would be more than happy to see us get this forum taken away from us. Let's just keep our eyes open!

We're going to have to just read between the lines from now on and ask baiters to take it to the debate area.....

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
Again, I did not say she was following the beast power. I responded to this comment she made: I can prove that to be false in a heartbeat. That is all I have said.

I think TrustAndObey was asking you to restate what you mean.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
And I did that.
I don't think so. After reading through the thread I must say that I'm just as lost as TrustAndObey as to what you mean when you say you "can prove that false in a heartbeat". Please, state your case.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.