Is it too late for me to ever get married?

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it too late for me to to get married? Also, I have never had a long term relationship and is it too late for me to find someone and get married? I have had opportunities to go on a relationship with women when I was from 18 years old to 21 years old and then many women wanted me, even ones I thought were out of my league. But due to the social anxiety and insecurities, I never did pursue them but had many tried to pursue me. I am now older and I realise the older I get the more likely I lose my looks. Also, I fear that I will never have the opportunities for any woman to be interested in me as I did when I was young. I feel depressed not pursuing women then as I would have likely get married and had children now. In the last couple of years, I rarely get responses from anyone online and even the women I was interested in that were single they appeared not interested in me or if they first showed some interest, eventually they lost interest in me. Even at church the women I interested in I was too shy to ask them out. I don't want to live the rest of my life living in regrets of not ever going in a relationship with a woman and getting married.

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My great uncle married a woman 20 years his junior. My mother's cousins ended up roughly my own age, and I grew up with them around during holidays and such. They have a very happy family life and are wonderful people, even if their father is now quite elderly. It is problematic in that the older he gets, the less he is able to play with his grandkids, but this is just magnifying a normal problem to a degree.

No reason you can't get a wife and raise a family. You just need the right person for you.

Upvote 0

YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal
Jan 16, 2019
new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is never too late to get married. I can say as a lady that most women want a gentle man, a caring man. They want someone who listens and cares about them. Lets face it we all lose our looks. I use to be a knock out when i was 17. Not anymore! Gravity set in. People grow up with age. So an older bride would have the wisdom and grace that you would be blessed with. The bible promises us if we rejoice in the Lord and put him first that he would grant us the desires of our heart. So i would remind him of this wonderful promise. I personally think an older bride can give you an instant family, instant kids, grand kids. It can give you the wealth of an individual to share with. Both of you can reminesce of old music, old things together and pursue new interests. There are many on line dating services. You can look into christian on line seniors. You also can talk to your minister one on one and he can help you out. If anything if he is a real minister he can pray with you and help introduce you to another person for friendship. It all starts as being friends first. Blessings

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your not too old. I was your age when I married my current husband.. my MIL has just married again in her late 70's..

So no. Your never too old. Women closer to your age won't be having children, but that's not a bar to having them (adoption) and you never know she may already have some..

If your having difficulty meeting someone in person, try an online Christian dating site. I'm sure they have one (Lord knows they have one of everything else.. lol).

These days online dating is something respectable people are doing. Make a well defined list of what type of woman you would find yourself compatible with, and give it a shot.

Reactions: Pope66
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it too late for me to to get married?
You are in your 40s according to your profile. My best friend from elementary school got married at age 55 (his first, her second). His dad also got married in his mid 50s.

So no.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
never too late to do anything

how are things on the job front? have you had more stability since posting on that?

it does get more difficult to find someone as you get older only because so many people are already married
however, there are women in their 40's who have never married and are interested in marriage

best to you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's never too late to get married. One of my sons is getting married this year and he is 45. You say you are anxious and insecure. Women will sense that and unless they are the motherly type will possibly find it off-putting, so just relax and try and be yourself and stop worrying about losing your looks. We all lose those as we get older, and anyway, the right women for you will love you for what you are, not for what you were. Good luck, and don't forget to send me a wedding invite.

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
never too late to do anything

how are things on the job front? have you had more stability since posting on that?
my husband once joked he had to marry me because dating was getting expensive

it does get more difficult to find someone as you get older only because so many people are already married

however, there are women in their 40's who have never married and are interested in marriage
often they are career women (like one of my sisters) so they are busy but they are still out there

best to you
Well, I am still unemployed. I believe me being unemployed or in an insecure job did put off the women I dated.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it too late for me to to get married? Also, I have never had a long term relationship and is it too late for me to find someone and get married? I have had opportunities to go on a relationship with women when I was from 18 years old to 21 years old and then many women wanted me, even ones I thought were out of my league. But due to the social anxiety and insecurities, I never did pursue them but had many tried to pursue me. I am now older and I realise the older I get the more likely I lose my looks. Also, I fear that I will never have the opportunities for any woman to be interested in me as I did when I was young. I feel depressed not pursuing women then as I would have likely get married and had children now. In the last couple of years, I rarely get responses from anyone online and even the women I was interested in that were single they appeared not interested in me or if they first showed some interest, eventually they lost interest in me. Even at church the women I interested in I was too shy to ask them out. I don't want to live the rest of my life living in regrets of not ever going in a relationship with a woman and getting married.

I am in the same boat. I have a lot of social anxiety and insecurities as well. Dating sites are horrible. Back in my twenties, guys [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed me off because they were too presumptuous and stupid, and wanted sex very quickly. No one would ever just sit and get to know a person. If you didn't put out by date 3, they were on to the next one.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Honestly online dating is very difficult Unless you are very attractive.

Studies have shown 80% of the female profiles are chasing the top 20% of male profiles in terms of physical attractiveness. If you’re not in the top 20% you are going to get very few responses from women. Don’t take it personally.

I think the expectation is that as women get older that they would not put so much importance on physical attractiveness but it’s not really the case.

You would probably have more success where you actually meet face-to-face. Unfortunately the opportunities to do this unless you don’t mind going places where alcohol is served are more limited.

Not a lot of women attend churches unless they are attending with a spouse or significant other. Not something that single women tend to do. Tends to attract more single man.

On the plus side as you get older though there are more single women than single man. So in most cities you do have that advantage.

Another cold reality is that a lot of marriages end in divorce even Christian marriages and usually a financial burden for men particularly if there are children involved.

In some respects a mixed blessing that you were able to avoid that.

Loneliness is very tough if you do not have a good family or friends. family members and friends seem not to be available due to family obligations if they are married.

I wish you luck it’s a difficult circumstance But being single is much preferred to being married to the wrong person or in an unhappy marriage.

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly online dating is very difficult Unless you are very attractive.

Studies have shown 80% of the female profiles are chasing the top 20% of male profiles in terms of physical attractiveness. If you’re not in the top 20% you are going to get very few responses from women. Don’t take it personally.

I think the expectation is that as women get older that they would not put so much importance on physical attractiveness but it’s not really the case.

You would probably have more success where you actually meet face-to-face. Unfortunately the opportunities to do this unless you don’t mind going places where alcohol is served are more limited.

Not a lot of women attend churches unless they are attending with a spouse or significant other. Not something that single women tend to do. Tends to attract more single man.

On the plus side as you get older though there are more single women than single man. So in most cities you do have that advantage.

Another cold reality is that a lot of marriages end in divorce even Christian marriages and usually a financial burden for men particularly if there are children involved.

In some respects a mixed blessing that you were able to avoid that.

Loneliness is very tough if you do not have a good family or friends. family members and friends seem not to be available due to family obligations if they are married.

I wish you luck it’s a difficult circumstance But being single is much preferred to being married to the wrong person or in an unhappy marriage.
Thank you for that. You are right physical attractiveness is a really important trait on online sights if one is popular there. This will never change. Even though women can state that looks don't count it is a lie and looks are still really important.

Actually, I used to a church where there were a lot of single women. I was really shy with women who I am attracted to and I am still am.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums