i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember a poster on here from back in the day that had a situation similiar to yours. She was single for years with a little kid in fact, and finally God gave her a husband. If I'm not mistaken they found each other thru this forum, too. So you may be waiting for a while, but just like this woman who God came thru for, He'll come thru for you too. It sounds like you're preparing things personally in your own life like this other woman did. And I believe that's true. If we take care of things that God has put in our lives and stay faithful then He will give us the desires of our hearts. May God bless your journey.
i kinda wanna find out who that poster was...

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Christina,

I think we're all in agreement that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have someone special in your life. Without those desires, no one would ever want to get married, and marriage is one of God's many gifts to us. I think what you really want to know is, what should you do with those desires while you wait?

If my guess is right, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously have a lot of love to share. Why not share it with those around you now? I don't know how much spare time you have between being a mother and a student, but whenever you feel a little loneliness creeping up on you, think of how you can do something nice for someone else. Your mom seems like a sweetheart, plus the friend you said helps out. If you like baking, bake them something special sometime. Or just write them a handwritten letter telling them all the things you love about them. As long as you're using your love to increase someone else's happiness, you'll forget to think about your own loneliness. And before you know it, God will bring your future partner into your life.

~ Ashley C.
matelessouls.com

I love what u said about loving other people while waiting for God to send the right one... we have so much to offer and we cannot waste it on the wrong people

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I suppose ill introduce myself. Im Christina. Im 28 and have two kids.
My question is...is it so wrong to want someone? It feels wrong. I have been single two years and really desire companionship. Now, I have some really great friends and of course my kids, but I still desire a relationship. I want to love and be loved. But perhaps that search had become an idol?
Somebody tell me, is it so wrong to want to find someone?

Not at all. I think we all have that longing. When your actions become all about wanting someone and not about pursuing God, I can see where it would be wrong.

When I feel empty or lonely, I usually pour into others. Volunteer work, helping friends, or sometimes just spending more time with family helps me out.

Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2017
Donegal
✟8,596.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose ill introduce myself. Im Christina. Im 28 and have two kids.
My question is...is it so wrong to want someone? It feels wrong. I have been single two years and really desire companionship. Now, I have some really great friends and of course my kids, but I still desire a relationship. I want to love and be loved. But perhaps that search had become an idol?
Somebody tell me, is it so wrong to want to find someone?
Hello Christina

I found your post a month ago, and wanted to respond, I have not been well,
and registering on this forum has taken some effort, but am here and would
like to comment on your question.

I certainly do not think it wrong to want someone, as long as the conditions are
right in the eyes of God.
God is our judge, so, if you are walking in the ways of the Lord,
and the man you are attracted to is also walking in the ways of the Lord,
and your purpose for being with this man is a Godly one, one that is right in
the eyes of God, such as eventual marriage, then I would think the Lord would be pleased for you to both go forward.

Regards & Blessings to all, John

Upvote 0