Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suppose ill introduce myself. Im Christina. Im 28 and have two kids.
My question is...is it so wrong to want someone? It feels wrong. I have been single two years and really desire companionship. Now, I have some really great friends and of course my kids, but I still desire a relationship. I want to love and be loved. But perhaps that search had become an idol?
Somebody tell me, is it so wrong to want to find someone?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My question is...is it so wrong to want someone? It feels wrong. I have been single two years and really desire companionship. Now, I have some really great friends and of course my kids, but I still desire a relationship. I want to love and be loved. But perhaps that search had become an idol?
It is not wrong to want to find someone Christina. I think it is a beautiful desire. I am sure God has a soulmate for you. I have chosen to remain single for life but I still feel I am married to my soulmate in spirit.

Reactions: Hall
Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, it's not wrong. Every one of us desires to love and be loved, it's part of what makes us human.

I just began a relationship after not having had one for 12 years. It is difficult to not have that connection with someone. My only advice would be to not be with someone just to be with someone, that never works out for good. Prayerfully ask God to send someone special to you and then be patient. You may have to weed through some, but it will be worth it.

Prayers for you.

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is my humble opinion, I don't believe at all that it can be wrong to want love in your life, but you need to trust God in everything, He knows what you need, He knows your heart.We are made in the image of God, so love is part of our nature, God gave His only Son because He loved/loves us more than we can ever imagine, you see, love is the answer.Jesus gave His life because of His love for us, even on the cross He still loved us, His love is beyond our imagination.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Christina :wave: Was it wrong for Adam to want companionship? He had God all to himself in the garden, but still asked God for a mate. God answered by saying, "It's not good to be alone." The reality is, we were built with a desire for relationships and companionship. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you stop loving God. By finding the right person, your love for God can become even stronger. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
not at all ma'am.

where people go wrong is when they place their self-worth as human beings in being in a romantic relationship.
So far if I based my worth on my relationships I would believe I was worthless. I get tempted sometimes to fall into a pity party because of how I've been treated. But it gets easier and easier to resist that the more I learn about god.
I take it you are a big "house" fan. That or one of Hugh laurie in general

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it is not wrong. God chose the relationship of husband and wife to be the analogy of Christ and the Church. He thinks very highly of the marriage relationship, it is present throughout the Bible. "He who finds a wife, finds a good thing."

God is the originator of all love, including romantic. He designed men and women to love each other. Most people are meant to be married and not single.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why does it feel wrong to acknowledge your biological needs ?

When your heart clashes with your mind, perhaps you should re-examine some things
I guess it feels wrong because perhaps I am too focused on it? Or maybe god has me in a season right now where I need to be single. After a ten year break I did just become a student again.
Don't get me wrong, there are some aspects of being single that i really enjoy. And then sometimes it feels like something is missing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, it is not wrong. God chose the relationship of husband and wife to be the analogy of Christ and the Church. He thinks very highly of the marriage relationship, it is present throughout the Bible. "He who finds a wife, finds a good thing."

God is the originator of all love, including romantic. He designed men and women to love each other. Most people are meant to be married and not single.
I should have been married when I had my kids but I am really glad I never married him. I hope I marry a good man one day. Preferably before I am old. Jk

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my humble opinion, I don't believe at all that it can be wrong to want love in your life, but you need to trust God in everything, He knows what you need, He knows your heart.We are made in the image of God, so love is part of our nature, God gave His only Son because He loved/loves us more than we can ever imagine, you see, love is the answer.Jesus gave His life because of His love for us, even on the cross He still loved us, His love is beyond our imagination.
You are very wise

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Christina :wave: Was it wrong for Adam to want companionship? He had God all to himself in the garden, but still asked God for a mate. God answered by saying, "It's not good to be alone." The reality is, we were built with a desire for relationships and companionship. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you stop loving God. By finding the right person, your love for God can become even stronger. Hope this helps :)
Yes thank you saucy it does help

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should have been married when I had my kids but I am really glad I never married him. I hope I marry a good man one day. Preferably before I am old. Jk
I did not mean to disparage you for not being married. I did not know you were unmarried, but divorced from your husband.

I hope you will be married one day, to a husband who will love you as Christ loves the Church.
An unfailing, neverending, sacrificial love. A man who will put your needs above his own, not Christ- but Christlike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, being single has it's benefits, but it also has it's drawbacks

2 kids and a student ?

You have your hands full, might be time to ask for help
My mom babysits for me when she can and i have a friend who is awesome. I am a part time student for now until I get daycare straight

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did not mean to disparage you for not being married. I did not know you were unmarried, but divorced from your husband.

I hope you will be married one day, to a husband who will love you as Christ loves the Church.
An unfailing, neverending, sacrificial love. A man who will put your needs above his own, not Christ- but Christlike.
You did not disparage me at all. No worries.

• Friendly
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My mom babysits for me when she can and i have a friend who is awesome. I am a part time student for now until I get daycare straight

I would assume that if you are looking for a lifemate, that you would expect them to help raise your kids too ?

Idk, good luck with your situation, whatever you decide to do

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would assume that if you are looking for a lifemate, that you would expect them to help raise your kids too ?

Idk, good luck with your situation, whatever you decide to do
Yeah...whoever I marry would be their step dad. So of course he would be involved in raising them. But Im not letting just anyone around my kids

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So far if I based my worth on my relationships I would believe I was worthless. I get tempted sometimes to fall into a pity party because of how I've been treated. But it gets easier and easier to resist that the more I learn about god.
I take it you are a big "house" fan. That or one of Hugh laurie in general
The character Gregory House resembles my own personality(Daria morgandorfer moreso).

Upvote 0