Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The character Gregory House resembles my own personality(Daria morgandorfer moreso).
So you're a bit grumpy and crude but brilliant? Lol its been a long time since I watched house. Good show

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember a poster on here from back in the day that had a situation similiar to yours. She was single for years with a little kid in fact, and finally God gave her a husband. If I'm not mistaken they found each other thru this forum, too. So you may be waiting for a while, but just like this woman who God came thru for, He'll come thru for you too. It sounds like you're preparing things personally in your own life like this other woman did. And I believe that's true. If we take care of things that God has put in our lives and stay faithful then He will give us the desires of our hearts. May God bless your journey.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember a poster on here from back in the day that had a situation similiar to yours. She was single for years with a little kid in fact, and finally God gave her a husband. If I'm not mistaken they found each other thru this forum, too. So you may be waiting for a while, but just like this woman who God came thru for, He'll come thru for you too. It sounds like you're preparing things personally in your own life like this other woman did. And I believe that's true. If we take care of things that God has put in our lives and stay faithful then He will give us the desires of our hearts. May God bless your journey.
Thank you

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So you're a bit grumpy and crude but brilliant? Lol its been a long time since I watched house. Good show
I would consider myself socially aloof but content with who I am.

Haven't watched that show in years. Is it still on the air?

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would consider myself socially aloof but content with who I am.

Haven't watched that show in years. Is it still on the air?
I don't know if it is. Its been prob ten years since I've seen it. I am sure they play reruns at least.
Its good you're content.
So you're not brilliant? Lol

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if it is. Its been prob ten years since I've seen it. I am sure they play reruns at least.
Its good you're content.
So you're not brilliant? Lol
Well, I ain't no doctor

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Christina :)
It's not at all wrong to desire marriage. God created us to be in relationship, and He created us for intimacy. I think it's awesome that you are trying to be self-aware in terms of whether or not that is becoming an idol too since anything we desire can become an idol. The way you discern that is to consider what is most important in your life. Do you hold God and your relationship with Him above finding a spouse? If following Him meant never getting married, would you still? Questions like that usually are helpful for me when I need to check my own heart and motives.

Reactions: Hall
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Christina :)
It's not at all wrong to desire marriage. God created us to be in relationship, and He created us for intimacy. I think it's awesome that you are trying to be self-aware in terms of whether or not that is becoming an idol too since anything we desire can become an idol. The way you discern that is to consider what is most important in your life. Do you hold God and your relationship with Him above finding a spouse? If following Him meant never getting married, would you still? Questions like that usually are helpful for me when I need to check my own heart and motives.
If following God meant never getting married I would still follow God. I may be disappointed at first if I knew for sure it was not in His will for me to find love. But I look at it this way, men are all over the Earth, there is only one God. And without Him life is meaningless.

• Winner
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ecclesiastes 4
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

May God bless you with your future husband. :)

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I forgot about this thread. So I have posted in the singles forum

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John_O

Jun 23, 2009
✟9,153.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I can relate from the opposite side of the spectrum, being male looking. As an ex biker it was never hard for me to meet women, but for all the wrong reasons. Now as a Christian trying to date, to quote myself " It ain't easy!" LOL. I'm trying to be totally Christian in everything I do now in my life ,including dating. So I'm just leaving it up to God to do what he wants, when he wants to.

Upvote 0

ashleycarly

Jun 7, 2017
Washington, DC
✟8,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Christina,

I think we're all in agreement that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have someone special in your life. Without those desires, no one would ever want to get married, and marriage is one of God's many gifts to us. I think what you really want to know is, what should you do with those desires while you wait?

If my guess is right, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously have a lot of love to share. Why not share it with those around you now? I don't know how much spare time you have between being a mother and a student, but whenever you feel a little loneliness creeping up on you, think of how you can do something nice for someone else. Your mom seems like a sweetheart, plus the friend you said helps out. If you like baking, bake them something special sometime. Or just write them a handwritten letter telling them all the things you love about them. As long as you're using your love to increase someone else's happiness, you'll forget to think about your own loneliness. And before you know it, God will bring your future partner into your life.

~ Ashley C.
matelessouls.com

• Winner
Reactions: fragilewingz
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Christina,

I think we're all in agreement that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have someone special in your life. Without those desires, no one would ever want to get married, and marriage is one of God's many gifts to us. I think what you really want to know is, what should you do with those desires while you wait?

If my guess is right, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously have a lot of love to share. Why not share it with those around you now? I don't know how much spare time you have between being a mother and a student, but whenever you feel a little loneliness creeping up on you, think of how you can do something nice for someone else. Your mom seems like a sweetheart, plus the friend you said helps out. If you like baking, bake them something special sometime. Or just write them a handwritten letter telling them all the things you love about them. As long as you're using your love to increase someone else's happiness, you'll forget to think about your own loneliness. And before you know it, God will bring your future partner into your life.

~ Ashley C.
matelessouls.com
Thank you Ashley! Those are wonderful ideas. I Appreciate you taking the time to tell me

Upvote 0

Louie Hoang

Jun 11, 2017
Dallas
✟8,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not wrong to want to find someone Christina. I think it is a beautiful desire. I am sure God has a soulmate for you. I have chosen to remain single for life but I still feel I am married to my soulmate in spirit.
Christina..we were created for fellowship and relationship.. to love and to be loved. Me? Im on fire for God and i too ask God the same question sometimes because i also long for the moment two become one in Him.. we're not made to be alone. As a matter of fact God says clearly, " It is NOT GOOD that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparible to him." (Genesis 2:18)
Then God makes the woman and says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)
God, man and woman...The consummation of all perfection. The Holy trinity on earth... That longing that we have is not fleshly. It is of the Spirit created by the Spirit. God is love.. And only love can satisfy. If there is a longing for pure love then it was created by God. And if God created this longing then it is because God is ready to fulfill it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Louie Hoang

Jun 11, 2017
Dallas
✟8,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Click those three lines that are vertically stacked in the upper left corner you will see selections click chat
There are these three lines that are stacked and when i click on them it just says donate blog and support..

Upvote 0