Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hold it against you no, hold you responsible and accountible yes..

What's the difference from holding it against you holding you accountable? What I'm trying to get at is, if you don't know that it's a sin then how can you repent for it? How can you have forgiveness? I know Christ died for us and gave us the gift of grace I know this, but if you don't know it's a sin, then how can you be held accountable for it?

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
pentecostal girl said:
What's the difference from holding it against you holding you accountable? What I'm trying to get at is, if you don't know that it's a sin then how can you repent for it? How can you have forgiveness? I know Christ died for us and gave us the gift of grace I know this, but if you don't know it's a sin, then how can you be held accountable for it?
Holding you accountable, makes you take responsibility to it, "yes God, guilty as charged, there is no excuse"

But the beauty of it is that he is all merciful he does not hold that grudge against you.

its a sin because you should know, the learning process should never end for us. In the passages that 1John cites in his arguments are perfect examples...

"are we blind too?" Yes because the truth of God is right in front of us yet we dont spend as much time in it as we should (God's word). If we were to critically think about every action with a biblical worldview this place would be a whole lot better

You should look to matthew 5

MT 6:9 "This, then, is howyoushouldpray:

" `Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

MT 6:10 your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

MT 6:11 Give us today our daily bread.

MT 6:12 Forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

MT 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from the evil one. '

specifically verse 12, that covers all sins doesnt it. A nice generality. I hear what your saying, and understand it, but i cant agree to it. Ultimately its not that big a deal as the blood of christ covers over all sins, known or not, but since Thomas Aquinas is a renound scholar mainly in the catholic world, i thought i'd examine his teaching with a biblical view.

Do you think it would be unjust of God to hold us accountable for sins commited without knowledge?

Reactions: Terri
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.