Is it selfish

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Perhaps. One must listen to the Spirit to actually have the right strategy after that point.
Well, where I come from listening to the other person, listening to basic reasoning and listening to your empathy would suffice. :)
But maybe that´s just because this "Spirit" doesn´t talk to me....

Upvote 0

Hannah2000

Jul 29, 2017
West Midlands
✟10,265.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess I am not really understanding why you´d consider it selfish.

Because I spoke to my boyfriend about becoming Christian when he was agnostic but I haven't spoken to anyone else about becoming Christian. That's not to say I want other people to go to hell, I just don't know how to go about it without ruining relationships. With my boyfriend if things went south we could break up but I can't do that with my family or his family.

Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Because I spoke to my boyfriend about becoming Christian when he was agnostic but I haven't spoken to anyone else about becoming Christian. That's not to say I want other people to go to hell, I just don't know how to go about it without ruining relationships. With my boyfriend if things went south we could break up but I can't do that with my family or his family.
I´m sorry Hannah, but I´m still not quite getting it.
Do you feel that not wanting to ruin relationships is selfish?

Upvote 0

Hannah2000

Jul 29, 2017
West Midlands
✟10,265.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I´m sorry Hannah, but I´m still not quite getting it.
Do you feel that not wanting to ruin relationships is selfish?

No I feel like helping my boyfriend to find Christ was selfish because I helped him but not his brother. But I don't feel like I'm in a position to say anything like that to his brother and I might never be because I'm always going to be closer to my boyfriend.

Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
No I feel like helping my boyfriend to find Christ was selfish because I helped him but not his brother. But I don't feel like I'm in a position to say anything like that to his brother and I might never be because I'm always going to be closer to my boyfriend.
Well, seeing how there are billions of people out there who don´t believe in the God of Christianity (and whom you haven´t tried to nor probably will ever try to convert), this kind of thinking seems to set you up for a tremendous guilt trip, no matter what you do.
I honestly have no idea how you can possibly solve that problem (other than changing the way you think about it, that is).

Anyway, all the best!

Upvote 0