Is it possible...

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're 17? You are standing on a threshold in life. You don't know if you want to walk through that door or not. Growing up? Just what does that mean, anyway?
I realized when I was about 16 that I was scared of the future, scared to grow up because I might fail at it. Even though I was close to God, I was still so unsure.
We change, our bodies change, our views change. Why don't we love the things we use to love only a couple of years ago?
There are so many choices out there, which one do I make? When I take that step through the threshold of change, will I fall? Will I fail God?
I think everybody struggles in one form or another with this part of life.
Do you know any college age adults, maybe a few years older than you? Ask them about their experiences taking that step. Depression, worry, fear. I think laziness is often just hesitation.
Why I say talk to the people who have just recently gone through this, many of us as adults have forgotten that struggle. What hardships many of us have gone though in life, we compare to what you are going through and just brush it off with, "You'll face harder things in life than growing up."
What you are going though now can strengthen you for anything that lies ahead. Trust God and believe he has something for you beyond that threshold.:clap:

Thank you, that was actually encouraging.

I do trust the Lord. It was hard at first but I truly believe I trust Him now. I trust Him for everything, I trust Him for this and that it can and will get better. Thank you.

Upvote 0